collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 2015 Fair Hotel Information and Room Block Info Now Available!  (Read 5125 times)

Offline spotty13

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Teeny Tiny Pony
Re: 2015 Fair Hotel Information and Room Block Info Now Available!
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2014, 03:56:28 AM »
Oh no, are all the rooms gone?
:P

Offline rybett

• Mintylicious Midwest Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • MOC Mimic
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2014, 02:09:49 PM »
WE'RE GOIN' TO THE FAIR!!!!!!!!!!  Got the fair rate for Friday and Saturday nights.  $$ for Sunday, but counting on that being able to change.  Just a weeeee bit excited!!!!!!!!
:socks:   :frog:

Offline Anitas_Mom

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+85)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2014, 09:29:30 PM »
I booked Firday and was told both Thursday and Sunday dates were full.  I did get the MLP Fair rate for Friday and Saturday. 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Handmade Plushies For Sale | Please PM me for Commission Information

Offline Wysteria

• MOC Crazy!
  • Trade Count: (+118)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • http://www.katzponyshop.ecrater.com/
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2014, 05:49:34 PM »
Woooo!!!! Omg I know exactly where that is! It's only 40 mins from here:D People will have a blast at Woodfield mall and I can recommend plenty of places to eat;) I can't wait!

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2014, 08:40:40 PM »
Well, I booked Friday and Saturday.  We are actually going to fly in from New York so we should be able to get there pretty early in the morning.  But fingers crossed some more blocks get added and I can and Thursday and Sunday too.  Now, just to work out how we're going to pay for this massive East Coast month and a bit long trip we're doing.

Offline Brightglowpony

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2014, 09:48:48 AM »
Booked a room a couple of days ago ^_^  How early can we start the countdown?  :happy:
Wishlist
Thank you to Witch for my stunning avatar!

Offline MedleysMaelstrom

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • McDonald's Pony
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2014, 05:51:34 PM »
Just booked my room.  None of those little tricks worked to get the special rate rooms.  I'm starting to suspect maybe they only gave us like 8 rooms on that rate block  :huh:  BUT I got a rate of $129.00 per night.  I'm going to be calling back to see if I can get a better rate as the convention approaches.  Room prices seem to be in a constant state of flux.  BUUUUT YAY  MLP 2015 here I come

Offline drusilla

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Got to love ponies
    • http://www.undead455.com
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2014, 03:56:02 PM »
I booked asap but got a more expensive rate for Thursday.
i will just need to keep an eye out to switch over to the cheaper rate when more room become available

Offline Kazzellin

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2014, 05:20:00 PM »
Just booked my room.  None of those little tricks worked to get the special rate rooms.  I'm starting to suspect maybe they only gave us like 8 rooms on that rate block  :huh:  BUT I got a rate of $129.00 per night.  I'm going to be calling back to see if I can get a better rate as the convention approaches.  Room prices seem to be in a constant state of flux.  BUUUUT YAY  MLP 2015 here I come
Seriously? I got $154/night. :( Definitely will be calling every now and then to see if rooms have opened up. Might check out the aforementioned Double Tree, though. If it's the hotel I think it is, then the Double Tree is basically at the end of the "driveway" to the hotel anyway. :huh:

Still looking forward to the convention, though!

Any chance of having an overflow hotel? ;)

Edit: Nope, not the location I thought it was. :( Still, a 6-minute drive/25 minute walk isn't bad compared to what it could be. :) So now I've two rooms reserved at different hotels. If a room opens at the Hilton, cool, and if not, I'm covered regardless! :D
« Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 05:39:48 PM by Kazzellin »
My creativity keeps running into a lack of time and resources.  :cry:
I'm also available via twitter at @Kazzellin :)

So many projects!! What do I want to work on? :awake:

Offline drusilla

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Got to love ponies
    • http://www.undead455.com
« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2014, 06:50:50 PM »
i am sure they will open more rooms we just need  to wait.

every other year they kept expanding the room 3 or 4 times

Offline LunarEclipse

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Power Puff Pony
    • tumblr
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2014, 08:10:10 PM »
I've had some issues reserving a room as well....I was quoted $119-$129/night (I was also told the group rate was $119, not sure what's up with that). Is there a way we can either expand the block (I think this has been done in the past), or make a wait list with the hotel?

Want to trade art for ponies? || art tag on Tumblr || G1 want list || G4 want list || Vintage LPS want list

Offline SweetTune

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+69)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • My Little Pony Fair
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2014, 02:38:41 PM »
I'm currently working with the hotel housing coordinator to get this all smoothed out. They have plenty of space available on Thursday and Sunday nights at the host hotel. They just have to get more rooms added to our room block (including some King rooms.) She doesn't think this should be an issue, she is just making sure it gets approved by her supervisor and added into the system for their central reservation call center. Also, according to our event contract, our attendees should be eligible for the $99 room rate for the two days before the room block and two days after the room block as long as space allows and according to their reservations report I was sent, it appears they have lots of space.

I've been away on vacation and this week I've been trying to get some answers for us. I'll give another call on Monday and update. :)

Offline rybett

• Mintylicious Midwest Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • MOC Mimic
« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2014, 02:59:55 PM »
Thanks hun!!  Must remember to call back and get Sunday night changed as they were talking $179 for that night.
:socks:   :frog:

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2014, 10:05:09 PM »
Yay!  Thanks, Summer!  I might be either driving or catching a train so those days extra would be great.

Offline LunarEclipse

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • Power Puff Pony
    • tumblr
« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2014, 07:05:51 PM »
Thank you SweetTune! I did book a reservation for Friday and Saturday at the Fair rate, just need to get Sunday adjusted when the room block situation is sorted out. :) Can't wait for the Fair!

I'm currently working with the hotel housing coordinator to get this all smoothed out. They have plenty of space available on Thursday and Sunday nights at the host hotel. They just have to get more rooms added to our room block (including some King rooms.) She doesn't think this should be an issue, she is just making sure it gets approved by her supervisor and added into the system for their central reservation call center. Also, according to our event contract, our attendees should be eligible for the $99 room rate for the two days before the room block and two days after the room block as long as space allows and according to their reservations report I was sent, it appears they have lots of space.

I've been away on vacation and this week I've been trying to get some answers for us. I'll give another call on Monday and update. :)

Want to trade art for ponies? || art tag on Tumblr || G1 want list || G4 want list || Vintage LPS want list

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal