collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What Did I Do?! Is There Any Hope for the CC Townhouse Roof?  (Read 629 times)

Offline LittleSpiffy

• Spifftastic!
  • Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
What Did I Do?! Is There Any Hope for the CC Townhouse Roof?
« on: October 24, 2014, 07:43:58 PM »
Oh no!  I was cleaning the townhouse and I spilled acetone nail polish remover on the roof.

I didn't think it was a big deal, until the house air-dried: big yellow blotches everywhere!

The thing was, they disappeared with water (strange...)

I have rinse/dried/soaped/Magic Erasered the roof a few times...and it's gotten better...but each time it completely dries there are yellow splotches around the edges of the tiles.

What is causing this?  The discoloration completely disappears when wet - it's so strange!

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Post Merge: October 24, 2014, 07:50:19 PM

...did I actually remove the paint?  It's so strange that it goes back to the original color when wet...

...I think I removed the paint *facepalm*
« Last Edit: October 24, 2014, 07:50:19 PM by LittleSpiffy »

Gloomygirl777

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: What Did I Do?! Is There Any Hope for the CC Townhouse Roof?
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2014, 08:34:28 PM »
Oh No!!!!! I don't think there is anything you can do besides paint over it....but from the pictures it doesn't look too bad. I was using acetone to treat a cancer spot one time......and i accidentally let the q tip rest on my kitchen table. It ate the finish and the color off the wood in a little spot and it only touched it for a couple seconds!!! That stuff is hazardous!

I'm not sure about the water thing.......that is quite odd. Sorry about the accident though! I hate it when things like that happen.

Offline LittleSpiffy

• Spifftastic!
  • Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2014, 08:44:01 PM »
I've been keeping an eye on the roof - it isn't that bad.  I was a bit panicked, though!   The original discoloration was nearly the whole roof!  No idea how I was able to get most of it back to the original color...if I removed the paint, wouldn't it have stayed removed?  My guess is that there was some sort of dust or oil coating the roof that protected it.  Who knows! 

I can't seem to get the "soot" out of the chimney - a kid must have used an entire #2 pencil coloring that in :lol:

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2014, 08:38:49 AM »
Unfortunately you have probably bleached the colour out a little. You did the right thing wiping it down as soon as possible thats probably removed a lot of the acetone plus it will evaporate quite quickly. The yellowing could have been the acetone affecting an oily coating (lots of hands touching the same item) or dust and therefore wiping that off will have removed some of the yellowing.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal