collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Holiday Card Swap 2014 - all done!  (Read 24351 times)

Offline ArenaHunt

• Trade Count: (0)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
Holiday Card Swap 2014 - all done!
« on: October 21, 2014, 06:19:29 PM »
MLPArena Card Swap 2014
Get those pens and cards ready - IT'S CARD SWAP TIME!
The annual card swap is back for its 9th year.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Everyone and anyone can join. Participants will send and received 5 cards, but not necessarily to the same people - so it will be a surprise who you receive cards from.

**RULES & Things to keep in mind:
1: Each group will have a variety of addresses - USA, Canada, Europe, etc. If you cannot send cards overseas, please do not join. You should plan to spend at least $20 for cards and mailing.
2: You may get a variety of cards - various holidays, traditions, cultures, and religions. If you are not comfortable with this, please do not join.
3: If at any point you run into trouble or delays, PM me ASAP.
4: You MUST include your Arena username when you sign your card, so the person receiving your card knows who you are! Make sure your username is legible.
5: Cards can be store bought, hand made, computer print-outs, postcards - whatever you want. They don't even have to be pony-related.
6. You must complete the photo check-in [via PM] by the deadline.
7: You must let me know [via PM] when you have mailed your cards.
8: You must let me know [via PM] when you receive cards and from who. Each and every card.
9: You must ship within the set deadline.
10: All members are expected to actively participate in this swap thread.

**Requirements to join: have been here at least 3 months with a post count of 100 posts or higher
(ie - must have joined July 2014 or earlier)
No - I will not deviate from these requirements, please do not ask. I will not respond to those messages.
If you don't have enough posts yet, start posting. If you don't have long enough membership, hopefully you will join us next year.

NOTE: This swap does not count towards your swap limits, but will be recorded and tracked as usual. Participants will not be cleared until ALL of their cards are received by their partners.

**How to join: Please PM me (ArenaHunt) with the following info:
Name (first and last):
Mailing Address (full address as should appear on the envelope, including country):
Secret Word: (this is an unique word to this swap and is not the same as the other swaps)

**Last day to join: October 31.
Please take this as seriously as you would any other swap. Once I have sent the group lists out - you cannot drop out. If you have any doubts about being able to fulfill your requirement, don't join. Appropriate feedback will be left for any drop-outs.

**Initial partner lists will contain only usernames and countries. You'll have all of November to get your cards ready. Addresses will be sent after check-ins are complete.

**Photo check-in deadline: November 30.
To prove you are ready to put your cards in the mail, and to get your address lists, everyone must PM me a PHOTO for their check-in.

Anyone that does not submit a photo of their ready-to-mail cards for the check-in will be dropped from the swap (and appropriate feedback will be left). That means you will not be sent your address list if you don't submit a check-in, and you will not be included on any other address lists (you will not receive any cards from the swap).
The secret swap word is murdoch. This is not the same one as the other holiday swaps, please make sure you're sending the right one.

**Card Mailing:
All cards are to be mailed by December 13.
Address lists will be sent out in the weekend of Nov 29-30. As soon as you receive your addresses, you can address your cards and get them in the mail.

**Make-up cards: December 26-January 10.
Participants must be prepared to send make-up cards if any of their cards go AWOL in the mailing process. Any cards not received by Christmas (Dec 25), the sender will be notified and expected to get a make-up card sent out immediately. All make-up cards must be received by January 10.

Participants will not be cleared from the swap unless all of their partners have received a card.

Feedback will be left by me upon completion of the swap. Feedback will be based on communication, mailing within the deadline, following of the rules, participation in swap threads, etc.

**Swap Timelines:
now-Oct 31 - sign ups open
Nov 1 - sign ups closed
Nov 1-2 - group lists PMs to participants
Nov 3-29 - participants shop for or create cards
Nov 30 - photo check in deadline, cards must be complete and ready for mailing
Dec 1-2 - addresses will be sent to all participants that have checked in; participants address cards and get ready to mail
Dec 13 - mailing deadline, all cards mailed
Dec 26(ish) - senders of missing cards will be notified and will send out make-up cards
Jan 10 - deadline for make-up cards to be received

It's always fun to get holiday cards in the mail! This way you'll be guaranteed a lot of mail, and a lot of fun. :) And we all have the fun of sending out cards and getting to know each other a little better. :D

:xmas: :xmas: :xmas: :xmas: :xmas: visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 :xmas: :xmas: :xmas: :xmas: :xmas:

Be sure to fill out the "Partner Interest" questions as well! Post them here for your partners to see.

Favorite Color(s)?

Favorite Animal(s)?

Favorite MLP?

Other tidbits of information?

Your winter holiday?
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 09:58:50 AM by ArenaHunt »

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
Re: Holiday Card Swap 2014
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2014, 06:27:57 PM »
Yay!! I love this swap :). Getting holiday cards is so much fun!

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2014, 06:43:52 PM »
Yay!  PM sent!  Love the card swap so much.  Also happy that this year we can send cards over postcards. Will save me a lot of money.

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2014, 07:04:15 PM »
Yay!  PM sent!  Love the card swap so much.  Also happy that this year we can send cards over postcards. Will save me a lot of money.
This ^^^ I do like regular cards better. Hopefully I can find some neat ones this year!

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2014, 07:25:23 PM »
Sent my form in!

Yeah totally excited to have regular cards again.
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline nessy_86

• Trade Count: (+93)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2014, 07:49:36 PM »
Oh I need to remember to sign up for this :D

Offline Emberfly

• Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • I Want to Sticker the World!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2014, 08:43:06 PM »
I'm totally signing up.  I love the regular cards but loved the postcards from last year.  I'm a big postcard junkie. :biggrin:
Thank you to SquarePeg for my beautiful avi.

Offline StarFaerie

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2014, 11:08:44 PM »
PM sent. Love sending and receiving Holiday cards. :)
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 11:17:48 PM by StarFaerie »
It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a woman in possession of disposable income, must be in want of a pony.

Offline Aflame

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2014, 01:40:35 AM »
Favorite Color(s)? all xmas colours pastels darks so most really !

Favorite Animal(s)? cats horses birdies dogs

Favorite MLP? applejack G1 and baby apple jack G1 :D

Other tidbits of information? i make my own cards :)

Your winter holiday? fun cosy with a big xmas dinner
xaflame

~breezie~

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2014, 05:37:29 AM »
pm send, love the card swap .

sosoftbuttons

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2014, 07:44:38 AM »
me!!  :silly: me!!   :frolic: *jumps up & down* pick me!!!  :happy:

i am so totally signing up for this, i received some wonderful cards last year  :biggrin:

pm on its way in a sec  ^.^ ^.^

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2014, 12:09:23 PM »
PM sent

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

rayechu

« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2014, 12:07:07 PM »
PM sent. I love this swap :)

Favorite Color(s): Blues

Favorite Animal(s): deer and birds for christmas

Favorite MLP: G1: Powder, High Flyer, Bowtie G4: Fluttershy

Other tidbits of information?: I'm excepting a baby boy 12/29 so that is exciting. I love snow and deer and the non-religious aspects of christmas but I live where it doesn't snow so getting christmas cards in the mail makes me really happy.

Your winter holiday? Non-religious christmas, my husband is Jewish so we celebrate Hanukkah too. 

Sparkly_Sherbert

« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2014, 05:40:23 PM »
Sent a Pm but not had a reply

Favorite Color(s)? Red, yellow and purple

Favorite Animal(s)? Cats big and small, dragons

Favorite MLP? Sunburst (red and yellow just look great together!) Gusty, Te bright eyes and baby starbow

Other tidbits of information? I've prob listed most of what you'd want to know in the general Xmas swap answers thread :) but anything else please ask!

Your winter holiday? Christmas but not really religious, just celebrating with friends and family, enjoying dinner and relaxing :) and putting up the tree with lots of lights and baubles! It'll be my 1st Christmas in my new flat so I can't wait to put up all the cards!

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2014, 05:53:38 PM »
Favorite Color(s)?
Orange! Especially when with yellow and red. But for Christmas I am game for anything! I love the traditional red/white combo and blue/white combo.

Favorite Animal(s)?
Zebras, chihuahuas, pugs, cats, reindeer and anything furry and small. I would love a card with an animal on it! :)

Favorite MLP?
Zecorra, Rarity, and Toola Roola are my favs :).

Other tidbits of information?
Hmmm. I love cards with snow in the picture (because we don't get snow here in AZ). Animals and snow = win! But I'm easy to please and will love anything :P

Your winter holiday?
Non-religious Christmas. My family is big on Christmas. We love spending time together, making fun stories for the kids (about Santa and the elves and such), and lots of food.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal