collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Um, have I been scammed or am I just dense?  (Read 1850 times)

Offline ClosetAvalanche

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
Um, have I been scammed or am I just dense?
« on: December 08, 2014, 02:38:46 PM »
http://www.ebay.com/itm/My-Little-Pony-/131359855203?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=IXIJvbN74TxAyW012D6DKFtHub4%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

I was under the impression from the description and pictures that this was for a lot of ponies, but I only received one.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Aadra310

• Trade Count: (+80)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
    • Etsy Shop
Re: Um, have I been scammed or am I just dense?
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2014, 02:50:13 PM »
That definitely wasn't a clear auction as no where did she state what you would or would not be receiving.  Based on what she did say, I can see why she only sent one.  However, also based on what she said, I can see how you expected to get them all. 

The low shipping of $4 is my best clue that she only intended to sell one at a time but I think you most certainly have cause to a)send the pony back for lack of good description or b)work something out to get some money back.  Not sure exactly how to proceed but I would try to work it out with the seller first.  Seems like she made (hopefully) an honest mistake by not being more clear.

Offline Juliepants

• Crazy Pony Lady
  • Trade Count: (+21)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2014, 02:50:59 PM »
I imagine you just received the colour swirl one that's in the main two pictures, right? The group photo looks like it's just for reference as all the other ponies from it are listed separately. Also the postage cost would only cover one pony, not a group. Oops!! Don't know how much colour swirls are worth, hope you didn't overpay.

Jules x

Offline himmie

• Trade Count: (+137)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Need More Boy Ponies
    • View Profile
    • Himmie's Collection
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2014, 02:51:07 PM »
As far as I can tell, the seller was simply unclear. They listed all of the ponies separately (some are still active) but included the group photo in each listing.
WTB: MOC and Nirvana Boy Ponies
My Collection | Want List | eBay Store

Offline lunar_scythe

• factory error Blue Belle
  • Gold Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+84)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2014, 02:51:21 PM »
Sadly, it looks like each pony is being sold by itself, and the lat pic is just a group shot of all the ponies together.  The description is really vague but if you look at the sellers other items, each pony has a shot of both sides followed by the group pic
« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 02:52:52 PM by lunar_scythe »
My Army of Bluebelles (New pic coming sooner or later)

Offline rosierjay

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+152)
  • MOC Mimic
  • you can call me Rosier
    • View Profile
    • Customs and stuff i'm selling
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2014, 02:58:17 PM »
i would email her and explain how you thought you were getting more than one pony. and how the description is unclear.
she does keep referring to them. i'm guessing others may be thinking the same thing.
there's a chance you might get a partial refund, but since you bid i don't know if she has to.
if nothing else she'll change her ways and correct this in the future.
super disappointing, though i know i would have contacted her before. never trust a listing description unless it lists everything, and if they don't write back, i don't bid.

even when i make an offer on an item, i will tell them why i offer a certain amount. if they don't like it they can counter offer or not reply. same goes with emails.
sorry!

edit- went and looked at her other auctions. yeah she doesn't really know what she's doing. otherwise she'd advertise them better. from what i can tell, none of the other listings when for very much. so at least you got a somewhat rare pony for the price, instead of princess tiffany.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 03:00:49 PM by rosierjay »

Offline ClosetAvalanche

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2014, 02:59:48 PM »
Eh, I though it had said $14 for shipping, but I though it was for the lot of ponies, so I didn't double check the shipping. I never expected to win the auction, I placed my max bid then had to go to work. When I got home, I thought I scored big. Oh well, I'll send them an email and see if we can work something out.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2014, 03:58:28 PM »
The way I read the auction (she is talking about multiple ponies) I would have thought the auction was for a lot as well.

I don't think she scammed you though, I think she probably just provided a very bad description.

Offline bluerose9978

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+450)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/oh5/bluerose9978/MLP
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2014, 05:19:25 PM »
She talks more about her daughters in the description than the pony! I can really see why this listing was confusing and if you opened a case, no doubt ebay would side with you. So I would just try a little communication with the seller. As others have said, it looks as if she really doesn't know what she's doing.

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2014, 02:39:02 AM »
I am seconding or thirding that she seems to not have a clue what she is doing.

While she isn't clear whatsoever, this statement leads me to believe it is not for the lot.

So !I'll be cutting a few out of the herd from time to time and hopefully selling them.

But as bluerose stated it's so misconstrued between talking about her daughters that you would think your getting the whole lot. So I think your best bet is to contact her, return the pony and get your money back. If she doesn't comply then opening a case is your next option. Hopefully it will get her to rethink how she words her descriptions and what pictures she provides in the future. Also that she should leave her daughters out of it  :P

:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2014, 05:04:13 AM »
I agree with what everyone else here says - that was a misleading and unclear auction. The seller didn't intend to scam you, she just doesn't really have a clue how to list her stuff  :crazy:  *sigh*  definitely message her and let her know why you were expecting more than one pony (even if it was a decent quite HTF one instead of a common one thankfully!)  and that other people who bid on her auctions could be thinking the same thing.
You should be able to return the pony and get your money back if you want to - or at least work something out with the seller. If not then ebay should side with you.  Please let us know how it goes  :hug:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline cloud_weaver

• Trade Count: (+126)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2014, 05:32:51 AM »
How awful and terribly disappointing.  :(  I would probably throw a fit, personally.  I find it incredibly misleading.

While it does seem very apparent after looking at her other listings that she doesn't know how to list things, you are not supposed to picture items that are not included in your auction unless you say so.  And nowhere in the listing does it say "the first pony only".  Even reading the description doesn't imply that it's just for the color swirl pony.  Rather, she specifically states that she's selling her entire collection of ponies.  If I was only looking at the auction that you won, I would assume that the listing was for the entire lot.  However, if I looked at her "other items" I would for sure see the other ponies listed individually and understand that it wasn't listed properly.  But going by just the one auction, yes, I would have assumed it was for the entire lot as well.

I would, like others have stated, contact the seller and explain.  If nothing else, ebay's customer service will be able to help you, they are absolutely wonderful.

So sorry for all the trouble you're going through!

Post Merge: December 11, 2014, 05:37:19 AM

Oh dear...it is for sure someone who doesn't know what they're doing.  O.o  This is the description from SHS Starflash's auction:

As I have noted in earlier listings, I am not certain of the exact vintage of these things but if they're post 1990 it aint by much.
 Now this elegy philly has  very impressive hair and as a fisherman I am tempted to use it for a lure. I bet it would work. I'm pretty sure I asked my daughters if I could give it a trim and make a steelhead fly but I'm  very sure that permission was denied.

A dad selling off his girls' toys perhaps???
« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 05:37:19 AM by cloud_weaver »

Thank you LunaCat for my Kirin Cloud Weaver!
Cloudie’s Wish List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396949
Cloudie’s TRADE List
- http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,396962

Offline ClosetAvalanche

• Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2014, 01:14:21 PM »
I just wanted to update, that they have accept a return.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2014, 02:49:35 PM »
Glad you got a return- I suspect he is going to have many of them...

O.o  This is the description from SHS Starflash's auction:

As I have noted in earlier listings, I am not certain of the exact vintage of these things but if they're post 1990 it aint by much.
 Now this elegy philly has  very impressive hair and as a fisherman I am tempted to use it for a lure. I bet it would work. I'm pretty sure I asked my daughters if I could give it a trim and make a steelhead fly but I'm  very sure that permission was denied.

A dad selling off his girls' toys perhaps???

I agree a clueless dad seems likely-  my dad took all the toys from the 80s that my sister and I had stored up in the barn/hanger- to a swap meet and sold everything for like .25 cents each. All our ponies and cabbage patch kids, carebears and Moondreamers, and whatever else.  I got a little bit of revenge when I told him how much some of that stuff was actually worth on ebay...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal