collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: I'm new over here...  (Read 560 times)

Offline maian82_123

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Drink 'n' Wet Pony
    • View Profile
I'm new over here...
« on: October 13, 2014, 04:03:48 PM »
Hello!

I haven't been here much. I have written my introductory text a long time ago and that's it. But now I'm thinking about posting on the wanted page because I'm looking for specific ponies and it has been hard to find them.

I don't want to break any rules so I ask for advise before I do anything ;) (BTW, I hope I'm asking my questions on the right forum! :blush:)

Here are my questions:

1) Is it ok to ask possible sellers to look at my feedbacks on eBay e.g. tell them my username on eBay? I'm new over here and naturally I have no feedback over here (I assume feedbacks are related to buying stuff via the MPL Arena?) but I have bought a lot from eBay and I have good feedback over there. Maybe that would help people to trust me as a buyer... but can I use that option?

2) If I understood correctly, people are not allowed to give their real name, the shipping address etc here on the arena. Does people continue to make their deals by email or what is the right procedure?

3) Do I have to make or choose a signature picture for myself?

4) Would someone explain to me what are the rules with bumping messages, please? I looked at the posting dates and in some cases the original writer has replied with "bump" to his/her own message almost daily. Does that mean the message has dropped off from the first page of the forum in such a short time?

Thanks for your help :)

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
Re: I'm new over here...
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2014, 06:33:10 PM »
Maian, let me take a crack at answering your questions :)

1) Is it ok to ask possible sellers to look at my feedbacks on eBay e.g. tell them my username on eBay? I'm new over here and naturally I have no feedback over here (I assume feedbacks are related to buying stuff via the MPL Arena?) but I have bought a lot from eBay and I have good feedback over there. Maybe that would help people to trust me as a buyer... but can I use that option?
Yes, that is a good idea. We know everyone has to start somewhere, but having some feedback from other sites is definitely helpful.

2) If I understood correctly, people are not allowed to give their real name, the shipping address etc here on the arena. Does people continue to make their deals by email or what is the right procedure?
Most of the details of a transaction (paypal, addresses, etc) are exchanged via PM - Private Message - here on the site. We don't want real names and addresses posted in the public posts on the forums where anyone can see them. PMs are only between you and the member you are messaging.

3) Do I have to make or choose a signature picture for myself?
You don't have to, but you can. It's an optional feature. You can use a picture you have on your own, or one someone has made for you (ie from the Adoptables forum). The only thing frowned upon is using artwork from someone else that you don't have permission to use. And it's always nice to give credit to the artist if someone does make you are. Also all sig images have to fit within the size limits.

4) Would someone explain to me what are the rules with bumping messages, please? I looked at the posting dates and in some cases the original writer has replied with "bump" to his/her own message almost daily. Does that mean the message has dropped off from the first page of the forum in such a short time?
Threads can be bumped once per day to put it back to the top of the forum list (doesn't necessarily have to be off the first page). If someone tried to bump their own thread within 24 hours, the forum will automatically merge the posts together.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal