collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: SockThief  (Read 15852 times)

Offline wizzer218

• Trade Count: (+153)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • love me some pony!
    • View Profile
    • www.flyinghorsearts.com
Re: SockThief
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2014, 08:52:46 AM »
Well I finally FINALLY got my Mexican firefly....only problem is her tail is purple!......not rainbow....couldn't see it in the picture :huh:........darn it anyway.....she never mentioned it wasn't her own tail....its a Mexican tail.....but not right one......now what!.....sigh -_-........oh this is just getting tiring. >_<

So I got my pony...but not as described

Offline cyberunicorn

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • show the wind how to fly
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2014, 09:53:39 AM »
I have a parcel to collect from my sorting office that I need to arrange for redelivery. it looks to be a mexican tracking number so I think they might have arrived. but I won't know for definite till saturday.

But to be fair if it is them then the time elapsed from payment to arrival is perfectly acceptable for international shipping so fingers crossed I will carry on not having problems.

Offline wizzer218

• Trade Count: (+153)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • love me some pony!
    • View Profile
    • www.flyinghorsearts.com
« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2014, 10:08:12 AM »
Mine took 54 days to get after payment :(

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2014, 04:04:07 PM »

Offline angelponies

• Trade Count: (+280)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2014, 04:07:51 PM »
I received my pony today but I have a post in the Nirvana section to whether she was a re-hair or not because of her tail. I was told by some people that she was, but then I got new information on her from Skeen. Apparently she had tail rust and the gal cut her tail hair off to remove it. So she is legit afterall, her hair feels right but her tail is in bad shape. Skeen is making a post about it. I am so confused! :huh:

« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 02:28:24 PM by angelponies »

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 16, 2014, 05:27:57 PM »
Yeah, that's my Posey.  I know after my seller posted those pics she flat-ironed the hair. 

Here's what happened:

Several years ago a member named COTTONMEDLEY offered up a very rare Lilac Haired Posey for sale, and I bought her.  At the time CM was a respected member, so when she requested I send money, in installments, via WesternUnion, I agreed though I didn't like it.

As soon as she got the last payment, she disappeared.  All attempts at communication went ignored.  And while she was ignoring me, she was busy scamming other members (who I will not name because I don't know if they're still here or not) via Facebook.  The last I heard about her was last year, and she even had the gall to reach out to another member here to ask for the addresses of people she scammed so she could send out what she owed and make it right, but she never sent anything that time either.

Then, SockThief just happens to have this pony that she says she got in a lot from a seller in Mexico, and as you can see, this is the exact same pony I pain for, in full, in 2011.  In digging, the name on SockThief's PP account is a Facebook friend of the seller I was initially scammed by. 

I am gutted.  Purely, utterly gutted.  In all my years as a member, I have NEVER been scammed before.  And to be scammed out of such a special pony makes it even worse.  But that is my pony, no doubt, and since I do not get to have her SockThief owes me a lot of money, and a refund to angel for not describing her condition correctly. 

Offline MLPforever

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Like Fluffy Bottom Plush on Facebook!
    • View Profile
    • Fluffy Bottom Plush
« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2014, 07:53:00 PM »
Sockthief seems to have completely disappeared I see.

Still no ponies for me. The tracking still says "origin post is preparing shipment". Seems she just gave me a random tracking # and never actually sent the ponies or something. My package was supposedly mailed on the 30th of September. Even with very slow service, it should still say something other than "Origin post is preparing shipment" by now.

I sincerely hope this scammer gets banned.
Check out my etsy shop for beautiful handmade plush animals! Commission me for your own tiny MLP plushie! And please like Fluffy Bottom Plush on Facebook for special discounts and progress photos!

https://www.facebook.com/fluffybottomplush

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2014, 08:17:29 PM »
To Skeen and everyone evolved I am just seriously in awww...right now. It's late here now but I am going to look over everything in the A.M. This is just plain ridiculous at this point and I can't believe someone would stoop this low..AGAIN!
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Vertefae

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toadstool Tor
« Reply #38 on: October 16, 2014, 09:04:10 PM »
Oh my... gals I am so so sorry!

Offline Princess-Sparkles

• Princess pony from Aus
  • Trade Count: (+41)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Mimic expert. ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 16, 2014, 09:23:25 PM »
Oh my god I dodged a bullet here when she never responded to me. Mlplover you bought factory error firefly right? Sorry I have a very fuzzy head today and forgot if it's you that bought it. I wanted her, but missed out. Did you see photos that proved it had no tail hole?? I never saw any photos that showed I was just going to trust her.

I'm so sorry everyone.  :hug:
Thank you SDS for my Princess Sparke avatar and thank you Shenanigans for my signature. ^_^
~My want list

Wanted: Baby Cotton Candy and Bowties with bad hair and hair cuts. :)

Offline MLPforever

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Like Fluffy Bottom Plush on Facebook!
    • View Profile
    • Fluffy Bottom Plush
« Reply #40 on: October 16, 2014, 09:29:17 PM »
There was a pic that showed no tail hole...I think. I can't remember, honestly. But at this point I don't even think I'll be getting my ponies at all. If I do, it wouldn't surprise me if it shows up with a tail hole or something.
Check out my etsy shop for beautiful handmade plush animals! Commission me for your own tiny MLP plushie! And please like Fluffy Bottom Plush on Facebook for special discounts and progress photos!

https://www.facebook.com/fluffybottomplush

Offline ruhje

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Teeny Tiny Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 16, 2014, 10:25:11 PM »
I'm so pissed right now, I want my *slight edit for language*ponies! :cry: I'm gonna cry.

Btw, the PayPal address she gave and where I paid, had a male name. Was it like this with everyone else? I'm just wondering... ugh I hate that my english is so poor and I can't really explain these things, but when I tried to open a dispute in PayPal, I received this message:

"We're sorry, but this transaction cannot be disputed because it is not a purchase of goods or services. Please contact the recipient directly."

Is it because I sent the money as a "gift" to the seller? Does this mean I can't have my money back? :/
« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 07:47:58 AM by ponylady »

Offline Princess-Sparkles

• Princess pony from Aus
  • Trade Count: (+41)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Mimic expert. ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 16, 2014, 10:46:34 PM »
Oh, ruhje unfortunately paying by gift means you can't put in a dispute.  Did Sock thief ask you to pay by gift?  I'm so sorry. :hug: By the way your English seems fine to me.
Thank you SDS for my Princess Sparke avatar and thank you Shenanigans for my signature. ^_^
~My want list

Wanted: Baby Cotton Candy and Bowties with bad hair and hair cuts. :)

Offline ruhje

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Teeny Tiny Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 16, 2014, 11:02:40 PM »
No, she didn't... :cry: I'm just new to this/here (this is my second time buying from Arena), and I just wanted to be kind and pay the fees, that's why I chose the gift option+ I trusted her. How incredibly stupid I was...

Offline hilamb

• Myrskyisä yö poni
  • Trade Count: (+34)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dreamer
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 16, 2014, 11:42:34 PM »
Ruhje: I think your english is good, but if you feel like you cannot say something, i can try to help you to say it in english. :)

When you pay via paypal, it is quite normal that the seller pays the fees, so you have the protection, if something goes wrong. Also, if she has shipped the ponies late, like happened with someone else, it might take some time to come to Finland. Im keeping my fingers crossed.

Im sorry that all this is happening to you guys and i hope you get your ponies.
Skeen, im so sorry to read about this. I wish there would be a happy ending, this is such a big mess.  :hug:

Thank you :heart:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal