collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: SockThief  (Read 16029 times)

squishy turdl

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: SockThief
« Reply #90 on: October 26, 2014, 10:08:40 AM »
Firstly, as I already mentioned I mean no disrespect to anyone. Skeen I am sorry it came across this way as I said previously I definitely do not know all the information, and I'm sorry that you lost out and my intention was to never ruin your reputation. I realise after re-reading what I wrote it could come across that way so please accept my apology.

I would think for such a high amount of money you report it to the police, bring your transaction records and anyone you spoke to online about it, there email addresses etc and print outs from your conversations here. The police do indeed have access to users various emails, Facebook accounts and paypal accounts and to which IP addresses and locations they were created with. And may indeed be able to track your bum seller. Maybe even work out if these two sales are related as was suspected. I would never suggest such a thing over a pony sale normally, but this is a lot of money involved. More than most people earn a week and what some people earn in a month.

Mods, I respect that this is a hard job you all do and is a completely voluntary position which you are only paid in love, so you indeed have all my respect. I am sorry if it came across in another way, all I asked it what was being done, as it seem to have been forgotten about and for such a public and high amount of money to go awry is of course really bad for everyone involved. **Addition, thankyou for clearing that you are doing what you can.

I've said what I feel I had to, because I felt what was going on wasn't right. I'm going to back out of this one and leave it in your capable hands. Good luck everypony.

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 26, 2014, 10:30:45 AM »
I just want moderators to know how my final status is and please advise me with feedback or leave it for me

We do not leave feedback for members regarding their transactions. This is something that is your responsibility. My advice is to be honest. If this was not a positive experience then it does not deserve a positive rating.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 26, 2014, 11:35:46 AM »
I would like to put to rest the rumour being spread that Angelponies was forced, bullied or coerced into sending Skeen money.

These are the messages exchanged in this thread previously, but removed as inflammotory and due to the fact that these posts were being edited.

I don't think it matters who SockThief is.  The point is the Posey is the same, and she's mine.  I know it sucks.  I've had 3 years of it sucking.  It doesn't matter who ST got her from, or who that person got her from.  It's still my Posey and always has been.  If other people have had her all this time they've had my stolen pony.

I offered to send you the money that you said you paid for her 3 years ago in 2011, $180. You would have no idea if I didn't point it out in the first place, it was that same Posey. You could have seen when she was up for auction and told Sockthief then, you didn't. I paid $600 for her. I am willing to pay extra on her and make is $780 to be nice, so you have your money back, and are not out pony and money, when it isn't even MY FAULT. I don't even have to pay anything for her and Posey is mine, a I recall I paid for her and she is on my shelf. I am not going to be bullied or guilted into anything I am sorry.

Good grief then whatever you "bought" her for send me a bill, you had told me $180. I am not giving up my pony. I bought her, I own her. You are acting as if I knew and as if I am the one who stole her. I am not. I offered a refund not to "Buy you off" how stupid, I did it to be nice and now this has just gotten ridiculous. I have no reason to "buy you off" grow up. Being nasty just makes me want to hang onto her all the more. :mad: if you don't at least want what you lost on her back in 2011 then don't take it. But don't accuse me of trying to buy you off. Thats freakin messed up when I don't owe you anything to begin with.

Sockthief hasn't refunded me anything as of yet. Not even the disputed amount for her tail that I had to open a claim on. It isn't Sockthiefs decision anyways, it's mine.

And furthermore, I had "thought" about taking a refund and sending you the pony too, I felt bad for you, I told Sockthief that, also knowing that she will probably be one pony I wont find again ,it was a lot to think on. But when people are nasty to me, and treat me the way you have, with the PM of " It's mine" and insinuating how dare I think of keeping her, I will absolutely not be bullied. :mad: Being humble about things and maybe hmm being more "nice" gets people a lot further with me, as I am a kind person, but I don't like being pushed or guilted into things. :yucky:

It also wasn't right for you to contact Sockthief through Facebook and tell her to refund me in full asap, so you would have the right to claim Posey. That is just plain messed up too. :mad:

Wait, you refunded me?  I don't want you to refund me, I want Posey.  I will be refusing this payment.  Do not resend it.

I have bolded for clarity.

Angelponies has asked to be banned from the Arena, as she no longer wishes to be involved with us or with the membership here.
We have not done so, as she has requested that she be banned in the past, and then requested it to be removed again.

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

Offline angelponies

• Trade Count: (+280)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 26, 2014, 04:23:46 PM »
Gosh I don't want to post anymore about this but I do want to clarify I had asked Loa to "disable" my account, I never once asked to be "banned", there is a difference there. I asked because I have had it with this Posey thing. I have had tons of arena people message me with their support and that is greatly appreciated, you all know who you are ;)

Another reason that I decided to leave is that I also sadly had found out about a little board that I "cannot name here," some arena members so kindly directed me to it and I just deem it inappropriate ( In my humble opinion) for certain folks to discuss arena matters there when they are supposed to be a "nuetral" party involved in my stuff.

I had asked Loa to "disable" my account before a couple years back I believe, and that was because I was buying too many ponies and my husband was out of work and we were trying to save money. I could not stay off of the Nirvana Sales board as I was addicted, and so I asked Loa to disable my account for awhile so I would not be tempted to buy Nirvana, in which case she kindly did. After my hubby got back to work, I had asked her to reinstate my account so I could start collecting again and she did for me. With all that being said, I am considering the Posey thing done with on my end. This is a weird thing that I have never experienced before in my life, I would never even wish it even on my worst enemy as it is stresfull and people are torn right down the middle, Skeen has folks on her side and I have folks on mine. But I decided to leave the arena from posting, and if anyone needs to get ahold  of me about sales that we are in, I will get the PM in my email and reply but as for posting stuff, I think this is the last of it. But I will answer my emails. No worries there :)
« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 04:58:24 PM by angelponies »

Offline wizzer218

• Trade Count: (+153)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • love me some pony!
    • View Profile
    • www.flyinghorsearts.com
« Reply #94 on: October 26, 2014, 04:51:03 PM »
Why am I being edited??!!...this is ridiculous.

Post Merge: October 26, 2014, 04:52:19 PM

I said nothing bad or wrong :(

Offline ponylady

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 26, 2014, 04:54:40 PM »
Do not promote sites which feature content that exceeds our content standards  - this rule is the same whether in links, posts, or signatures.

Advertising of Competitors
Posting a link to a competing forum with the sole purpose of advertising and encouraging membership is not allowed.  You may, however,  promote any other forum (provided it falls within our content guidelines) in your personal signature.  Please see the Signature Rules for help on this.  Do not promote sites which feature content that exceeds our content standards in the rules above - this rule is the same whether in links, posts, or signatures

I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Kiwi

• Hippity Hoppity Site Admin
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • ~ Squeewi ~
    • View Profile
    • Kiwi's Paradise
« Reply #96 on: October 26, 2014, 05:19:08 PM »
Gosh I don't want to post anymore about this but I do want to clarify I had asked Loa to "disable" my account, I never once asked to be "banned", there is a difference there.
//
But I decided to leave the arena from posting, and if anyone needs to get ahold  of me about sales that we are in, I will get the PM in my email and reply but as for posting stuff, I think this is the last of it. But I will answer my emails. No worries there :)

Banning and disabling an account are the exact same thing, regardless of what you call it. Your account can't be used, period. That includes receiving emails or PMs.
 Kiwi ref sheet :bunny: *BUNNIES* :bunny: Avatar: Thank you SDS!

Offline snwbear24

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 26, 2014, 05:32:41 PM »
« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 08:15:03 PM by snwbear24 »
Looking For these to complete my G4's!!  :biggrin:
Royal Gem Carriage w/ Star Swirl

Looking For these G1's to complete US collection!!
Bushwoolies- Cheery, Hugster, and Chumster

gypsyunicorn

« Reply #98 on: October 26, 2014, 11:29:54 PM »
I just want moderators to know how my final status is and please advise me with feedback or leave it for me

We do not leave feedback for members regarding their transactions. This is something that is your responsibility. My advice is to be honest. If this was not a positive experience then it does not deserve a positive rating.

I was just wanting to leave appropriate feedback so I was looki g for guidance here because the entire thing has left a bad taste in my mouth because no matter what it's about no one likes being lied to and clearly a lot of us were lied to. Personally I don't lie because I hate being lied to and on e people do it I no longer trust them. Trust first. SockThief clearly doesn't value trust. Trust is something I give to everyone freely and once its been broken guess what it needs to be earned back. Lies means we are not worthy of the truth!
I feel for all in this thread.
I don't want to leave inappropriate feedback this I don't want to leave too harsh either. I do my best to put the stress and feelings out of feedback. It's easy to get angry and put that in there but feelings should be left out so I posted feedback based on facts only; thus neutral I guess is correct feedback in my case because even though I was lied to one 2 things and Paypal fixed it for me fairly when she couldn't respond to them in the end I still did get a pony.
I hope that is fair to all.
I just want to see all this drama resolved for all and the lies need to stop and hopefully SockThief realizes that.
Honesty and quit with the excuses because we all have busy lives and can relate and be sympathetic when not being lied to!

Offline ponylady

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 27, 2014, 07:20:53 AM »
I am going to answer your question snwbear that has since been edited by you. The thread was not locked because the original thread was about sockthief, not angelponies and Skeen. There are still outstanding members that are waiting on items and waiting for a resolution from her. Thus angelponies and Skeen's comments previously being removed and them being asked to not post.

I also want to point out that the Mods here have never supported/sided with either party on the matter. I am not sure where this was dreamt up. We saw both sides and we saw by the posts that we removed that neither party was going to budge on the matter. There was no need for them to keep bickering back and forth. If you want the truth, yes we questioned whether the pony was actually given away, I am sure we weren't the only ones. Besides for that we were trying to help mediate for the three of them.

This whole thing with members siding up against one another is also ridiculous. The PM'ing behind the scenes and complaining about one another will  divide a community in a heartbeat. We are for the most part here, grown men and women and should display that in our actions. There is nothing wrong with supporting someone when they need it but the trash talk going on doesn't help anyone.

Also I want it to be known that the above board mentioned is no way affiliated with the Arena. It also has an over PG13 content. Thus it not being allowed to be talked about here. The said board has been in existence for a very long time, so it's nothing new. I want to point that out because it seems like every time someone discovers it for the first time, everyone is up in arms about it. Yes it does exist and always will. As far as Mods being members, well yes most of us are because there are times we ourselves have defend our own actions. It after all is why the board itself exists. I believe most long time members know this already. Honestly I have seen worse doings on FB than there in past couple years.

*sigh*   

I love Ohio Meat Pie

SockThief

« Reply #100 on: October 27, 2014, 07:30:58 AM »
I got refunded the shipping from PayPal plus $10 that I asked for in value on the pony after being told that baby dolphin had no marks, stains or any flaws which wasn't the case.
It took forever to get the fair amount refunded to me thru Paypal after being lied to on numerous occasions just like everyone else. I explained my side to PayPal and told them what was fair. I waited with Paypal to see seller respond to
Paypal and seller never did. I think Paypal sent me money because seller may of never responded but I'm not sure. I really don't know for sure. I will see if I can check but because as of today case is closed and past 180 days I m not sure what date to enter to check. Claim
Date or Paypal date. Ugh.
I have yet to leave feedback and just wish a mod could leave appropriate feedback for me because I don't know if I leave negative or neutral because I was asked by seller to close my claim. I really think it was Paypal who pulled through here. 

Post Merge: October 26, 2014, 09:47:32 AM

Ok adding~
Figured out how to check
PayPal sent out numerous emails to which it appears they never heard from this person who sold me this pony
It was Paypal who refunded me
I'm glad I didn't close the case for I told them about the flaws and how long it took to ship item being a month to ship
I don't like leaving anything but positive and this wasn't positive experience
At least I got a pony even if it took forever and was flawed with stain I did get reimbursed thanks to Paypal and I feel the $18 for flaw and shipping was fair after all the lies

It was never Paypal who refunded you*. Once my paypal balance stopped being negative, I refunded you the money, like I had explained. Please double check before you say anything. Thanx

Post Merge: October 27, 2014, 07:46:00 AM

I hope this can be sorted out. I am still to hear from the mods to tell me what they have decided.
Marce
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 07:49:35 AM by SockThief »

gypsyunicorn

« Reply #101 on: October 27, 2014, 09:28:52 AM »
SockThief you can be the one to "claim"
You did right but my closed case in PayPal reads for Status: Case decided in my favor! I will receive refund
( may I add Paypal was told the amount and I dealt with them and not you after you asked for me to close the case and I watched the status of them constantly trying to email)
I see the refund through the Paypal case details
I find it odd the status would say closed in my favor and I am getting a refund
PayPal says that! Then after the refund they close the case.
You've lied to many times and if you need me to take a screen shot and upload it I will of what the PayPal status reads
If there is a way that you sent me money first and you closed case the status would mention that and not Case decided in my favor!

SockThief

« Reply #102 on: October 27, 2014, 09:37:44 AM »
SockThief you can be the one to "claim"
You did right but my closed case in PayPal reads for Status: Case decided in my favor! I will receive refund
( may I add Paypal was told the amount and I dealt with them and not you after you asked for me to close the case and I watched the status of them constantly trying to email)
I see the refund through the Paypal case details
I find it odd the status would say closed in my favor and I am getting a refund
PayPal says that! Then after the refund they close the case.
You've lied to many times and if you need me to take a screen shot and upload it I will of what the PayPal status reads
If there is a way that you sent me money first and you closed case the status would mention that and not Case decided in my favor!

What I am saying is, if I don't authorize it, Paypal can't just take the money. I personally typed the 17 USD amount and clicked on Send. I was the one to refund you, not Paypal.

Paypal gave me many options, including sending you more than 17 USD, just 17 USD or a full refund and ask you for the pony back. I chose the option of 17 USD, cause that is what you thought was fair.

If I didn't do it before it was because my Paypal balance was in red numbers aka negative, and you can't refund anything if the balance is negative. I had to wait till other claims were lifted to be positive again and to refund you. But it was me who authorized the refund personally.

I hope you can understand what I just wrote. You have already left feedback for me, what else do you need to consider this closed?

Marce

Offline MLPforever

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Like Fluffy Bottom Plush on Facebook!
    • View Profile
    • Fluffy Bottom Plush
« Reply #103 on: October 27, 2014, 09:41:39 AM »
Actually, paypal CAN just take your money if there is a claim against you. That's why people open claims--to get refunds from people who won't give them willingly.

If your debit card or bank account is hooked up to your paypal account, then that money can be taken from either of those places, no matter what your actual "paypal balance" is. Paypal balance is not most people's only funding source who use paypal.

Also, there is no such thing as a negative paypal balance. You either have money, or no money. Everyone here uses paypal, we all know how paypal works, please stop telling yet more lies.

Gypsyunicorn, I am glad you got your refund and sorry you are having to endure more ridiculousness from Sockthief. I would just walk away at this point. Everyone now knows she is dishonest--there is nothing more we can do.

« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 09:46:26 AM by MLPforever »
Check out my etsy shop for beautiful handmade plush animals! Commission me for your own tiny MLP plushie! And please like Fluffy Bottom Plush on Facebook for special discounts and progress photos!

https://www.facebook.com/fluffybottomplush

SockThief

« Reply #104 on: October 27, 2014, 09:44:45 AM »
Actually, paypal CAN just take your money if there is a claim against you. That's why people open claims--to get refunds from people who won't give them willingly.

If your debit card or bank account is hooked up to your paypal account, then that money can be taken from either of those places, no matter what your actual "paypal balance" is. Paypal balance is not most people's only funding source who use paypal.

Ok, thanks for the information. It wasn't like that in this case. That is all I am saying. Paypal did NOT take the money, I authorized and sent it myself as soon as I had a positive balance.

Post Merge: October 27, 2014, 09:49:07 AM

Also, there is no such thing as a negative paypal balance. You either have money, or no money. Everyone here uses paypal, we all know how paypal works, please stop telling yet more lies.

Gypsyunicorn, I am glad you got your refund and sorry you are having to endure more ridiculousness from Sockthief. I would just walk away at this point. Everyone now knows she is dishonest--there is nothing more we can do.

Yes, you can be in negative numbers. They look red and have a - sign aka negative. I am not lying, it was like that.

It looks like this:

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--D-dkJ-aX--/18mqgzzf3qabmpng.png

That image isn't mine, it is to give an example.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 09:50:51 AM by SockThief »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal