collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: SockThief  (Read 15871 times)

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
Re: SockThief
« Reply #45 on: October 17, 2014, 04:35:48 AM »
No, she didn't... :cry: I'm just new to this/here (this is my second time buying from Arena), and I just wanted to be kind and pay the fees, that's why I chose the gift option+ I trusted her. How incredibly stupid I was...

If you mentioned in the paypal payment that it was a payment for something, then you may still be able to open a claim if you contact Paypal and explain the situation.
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
« Reply #46 on: October 17, 2014, 07:21:34 AM »
Well I finally FINALLY got my Mexican firefly....only problem is her tail is purple!......not rainbow....couldn't see it in the picture :huh:........darn it anyway.....she never mentioned it wasn't her own tail....its a Mexican tail.....but not right one......now what!.....sigh -_-........oh this is just getting tiring. >_<

So I got my pony...but not as described

The pony had a purple tail in the pictures ;) I noticed it and was tempted to buy because her of that. I figured in the end it was just a tail swap so I left her :)

ETA she posted a picture of her in the "show me you" thread in nirvana

http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,338801.msg1251666.html#msg1251666

Love pkw xxx
« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 07:30:55 AM by pinkkittywinks »
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

gypsyunicorn

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #47 on: October 17, 2014, 10:07:20 AM »
I'm so pissed right now, I want my *slight edit for language*ponies! :cry: I'm gonna cry.

Btw, the PayPal address she gave and where I paid, had a male name. Was it like this with everyone else? I'm just wondering... ugh I hate that my english is so poor and I can't really explain these things, but when I tried to open a dispute in PayPal, I received this message:

"We're sorry, but this transaction cannot be disputed because it is not a purchase of goods or services. Please contact the recipient directly."

Is it because I sent the money as a "gift" to the seller? Does this mean I can't have my money back? :/
yes I would say male
First name is Matias
Does that help
I would give full name but don't know if it would be proper to do so in here
Maybe PM me if you need name
My case is still escalated
She asked me to close it long ago
I escalated it telling Paypal item
Not as described and took over month for her to ship
I asked for shipping refund and a slight partial refund due to item not described
Status
Wait for her to respond to PayPal
She has until the 20th
I don't think she has yet
A shipping refund and perhaps $10 back on pony for paying for mint when it wasn't mint would be nice
I doubt I get any refund at all
Just get bad service and pony flawed
Whatever
I have yet to leave feedback
I trusted someone who had no feedback at the time
Clearly misjudgment on my part
Lesson learned here
Buy from those you trust and bought from before
Hope it works out for all but after hearing Skeen and Angels on that posey I just blown away
Sad sad day on this site if you ask me
Hugs to all
May it all get worked out

Post Merge: October 17, 2014, 10:26:37 AM

Adding: I checked my Paypal
Status of case and just realized there was a feature to change my case type for not as described
I did so
She now has until the 27th
It bought her more time
I also had to provide a link
So I have them one to here
Hopefully they can view Arena as I don't know...
I don't know how to provide them pictures but they haven't come out and asked
I also was able to put in an amount I felt fair to resolve issue
I said $17 (that is shipping refund and partial pony refund for being lied to on both and what I feel is fair.)
Any opinions on that
Now I  still wait
« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 10:26:37 AM by gypsyunicorn »

Offline babylofty

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+19)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 17, 2014, 11:16:28 AM »
Is Sock-Thief also CottonMedley, or just a "friend"? Because I just find it a little coincidental that she hands over ponies to a "friend", then that same friend then gets on here, heads for the Nirvana forum and sells the exact same ponies that CottonMedley sold and ripped people off with (and is now ripping people off AGAIN.)

Something smells like yesterday's fish.
darcerin on the TP, arinaketchum on ebay, Salvia on PI

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 17, 2014, 11:23:52 AM »
I don't think they're the same person, no.  But until I see evidence otherwise, I do think they're working together. 

Really telling that SockThief hasn't been back since people started to question the ponies they bought from her...  If I had the ability, I'd open a PP dispute rather than wait for her to show back up here. 

Offline wizzer218

• Trade Count: (+153)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • love me some pony!
    • View Profile
    • www.flyinghorsearts.com
« Reply #50 on: October 17, 2014, 02:30:28 PM »
Yeah ST is not replying to me at all :(

This is crappy......I would at least like a partial refund >_<

Offline Loa

• Queen of Sloths
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 17, 2014, 04:42:30 PM »
To all concerned - my mods and admin team are looking into this as we speak.
We have a lot of conflicting info and we are trying to clarify it.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thank you SquarePeg!
My Instagram - MLPArena's Instagram - My Sales on Trade Me!

Offline CoonhoundBetty

• Skeen's Minion
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • SAHM/Wife of an artist/word nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 17, 2014, 04:49:53 PM »
 :shocked:

hugs all around, this entire situation is incredibly maddening!

Offline cyberunicorn

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • show the wind how to fly
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 18, 2014, 05:31:08 AM »
both my ponies have arrived. they both match the pictures in the sales thread marks and all.

I have also had their heads off (no matter how many times I type that it is always makes me feel weird) anyway original tails and not rehairs from what I can tell.

so apart from needing a bath and therapy for having nearly three weeks in an envelope and then being decapitated upon arrival everything seems in order for me.

Offline MLPforever

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Like Fluffy Bottom Plush on Facebook!
    • View Profile
    • Fluffy Bottom Plush
« Reply #54 on: October 18, 2014, 07:32:16 AM »
My tracking still says "pre shipment" on USPS.com, and says "Origin Post is Preparing Shipment." 

She probably just printed out a shipping label, but never sent my ponies. I also sent payment as a gift, so I am unable to get my money back. I've messaged her, of course, but I am thinking I will never get a reply, or see the $80+ dollars I gave her.
Check out my etsy shop for beautiful handmade plush animals! Commission me for your own tiny MLP plushie! And please like Fluffy Bottom Plush on Facebook for special discounts and progress photos!

https://www.facebook.com/fluffybottomplush

Offline Vertefae

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • Toadstool Tor
« Reply #55 on: October 18, 2014, 12:17:25 PM »
You can track the package in Mexico using this site
http://www.correosdemexico.gob.mx/English/Paginas/track.aspx

Offline Rachel-Eyes

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 18, 2014, 02:19:43 PM »
Oh my, what an awful situation. :( I've got nothing to add other than offering condolences because I truly believe that stealing is an evil, ugly act. I'm so sorry, guys. :hug:

SockTheif, if you're reading this, PLEASE come back and make this right!

Offline Lady Starflower

• Trade Count: (+246)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Brazilian & Greek Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 19, 2014, 07:38:20 PM »
Ugh I just read the thread in the Nirvana forum about the Posey and since I too am still waiting on oonies from SockThief I came here.

I purchased 2 Mexi Medleys and a Brazil Baby Cuddles from her and they still haven't arrived :(

Post Merge: October 20, 2014, 10:34:29 AM

I opened a dispute in paypal last night, SockThief responded with a tracking number (although the link I found to the Mexican tracking isn't working...can someone post it again?). Also she said that she hasn't been online due to her stepfather dying and having to travel to Chile. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that my ponies arrive, and everyone else's who is waiting.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2014, 10:34:29 AM by Lady Starflower »
Full Wishlist~*~Sales~*~
Grails: Greek(blue)Medley, Greek Sunlight(Silver Clouds) and Brazil Duck Soup.

Offline wizzer218

• Trade Count: (+153)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • love me some pony!
    • View Profile
    • www.flyinghorsearts.com
Re: UPDATE********* SockThief ********UPDATE
« Reply #58 on: October 20, 2014, 11:37:53 AM »
OK I talked to Sockthief for a good while today on facebook...and she feels really bad about all of this...and actually contacted me to send me some money back and apologize....which I appreciated a lot.......she is trying to fix everything but because she has been banned cannot really respond on here at all.....I told her that I will help as much as I can, ---->

and take it upon myself to post this letter from her...in her exact words

here is her letter to everyone that she owes or needs to fix things with ^.^

"SOCKTHIEF"
This is an explanation to all recent events, as well as updates.
First of all, I would like to say I apologize for the inconveniences. I have no wish or energy to bring in more drama. I had a family loss, I will say no more, since it is private info, and I don’t wish to share it.
Disclaimer: a member here has let me know some of you think I am a former scammer, since the Posey I sold Angelponies seems to be the same one that ex member scammed another member here with.
I am not connected to said former scammer, I am not a scammer and if the Posey is indeed the same one, I had no idea. I bought it from a salesman who says got Posey from a person who sold him his/her entire collection a while ago. The collection included around 250 ponies, nirvanas, g1s, g3s, accessories and even MIBs and MOCs.
That being said, given the fact that we are not many Mexican collectors, I don’t find it entirely unbelievable to have come across the same posey. I have come across childhood ponies that ended up in other people’s collections.
That is all I will say about this belief that connects me to a former scammer. Had I known, I would not have compromised my reputation here to make a few bucks. It seems ridiculous to me.
If it were indeed the same Posey, then I think the right thing to do would be to ship her to the member who bought her first in the past (Skeen?), and then refund angelponies with the full amount she paid for posey. This is, of course, my opinion.
To Angelponies, I would like to communicate with via email, since I can’t talk to her via pm anymore.
To Myrnij: I never got the Moomins, but I am still willing to ship my end, please let me know what you think. And if you would like to send a replacement pack, I would be very pleased.
To ruhje: Your tracking number is: RC597617790MX
To the Polish member (I cannot remember her username, but I remember she is Polish) your tracking number is: RC597617786MX
To SeashellnBubbles: I have a few rescued mexis from the flea market I will ship your way, please remind me of your address so you can have them. I want to go through with this transaction, since I picked the mexi baits for you, and I have no room for them in my collection.
To MLPforever: please remove the claim on paypal, I have already given you proof of shipping.
To LittleHoneyPie (I believe this is the username, sent the money from ***** account on paypal) if you have received your items, please remove the claim on Paypal, it is still there, and there is no reason for it to still be there, if you have received your end.
To Julie Dreyer, I have sent a paypal message with the tracking number for you, which is RC597617772MX
To Thunderwing, thanks for the communication and I am happy you got the wings.
To DalaPony, I am glad you got your ponies, thanks for letting me know.
To Little.Fox, I can’t refund you the shipping cost right now, since I am negative numbers on paypal. Still, the polly pockets you bought were In amazing condition, they are hard to find and usually cost more, plus I think I threw in the little extra doll for free. You got a hell of a deal for a small price, so refunding the shipping seems like it would not have been business for me at all. In the end, you got everything you wanted and for a small price, I repeat.
To angelponies, please get in contact with me via email.
My email is [email protected] this is the only way I can communicate with you now.
I am being as clear as I can. I will, however, say I am not a scammer, so stating that as a reason to ban me from this forum, is incorrect. I, however, accept it, but I don’t want to leave the pony community and stating I am a scammer is not good for me, and it seems unfair. That’s all I will say in my defense.
At most, I have shipped slowly, but people have been getting their stuff, hence, no reason to be banned, in my very humble opinion.
Anybody can contact me via email from now on. I will say, however, I would like communication to be polite and I will remind everybody my schedule is tight. I am taking this week off, however, I am emotionally exhausted and need some time off from work.
I would like to request to communicate with Sparkly_Sherbert from the UK, because I have not received my MOC Baby Nightsong, and I paid for her over a month ago. 
Also, Kellyponyfeathers, I never received my ponies, so I would like if not a tracking number, proof that you shipped, please.
As you guys can see, I too, haven’t received ponies I purchased, and banning me from the forum also stops communication with my own purchases, I haven’t only sold ponies here, I have purchased too, and haven’t received stuff.
I also have the right to know about those buys. Please Kelly and sparkly sherbert get in touch with me via email, please.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2014, 10:18:18 AM by wizzer218 »

Offline MLPforever

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Like Fluffy Bottom Plush on Facebook!
    • View Profile
    • Fluffy Bottom Plush
« Reply #59 on: October 20, 2014, 12:01:51 PM »
I don't have a claim open against her in paypal, since I couldn't open one. I sent her payment as a gift. Interesting that she doesn't seem to know who opened claims and who didn't.

She never gave me a shipping refund when I asked. Never responded, and my tracking still says "Origin Post is Preparing Shipment."

Interesting that now she is claiming a "family loss." First she claimed that she simply forgot to ship, then she said she got my pony mixed up with a different shipment, then she blamed a delivery boy, now she's saying family loss.
Check out my etsy shop for beautiful handmade plush animals! Commission me for your own tiny MLP plushie! And please like Fluffy Bottom Plush on Facebook for special discounts and progress photos!

https://www.facebook.com/fluffybottomplush

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal