collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: SockThief  (Read 15874 times)

Offline nhal039

• Trade Count: (+171)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: SockThief
« Reply #105 on: October 27, 2014, 12:06:02 PM »
Not trying to take sides here at all, I am a neutral party but I have to say that paypal can be in negative numbers, paypal is slightly different in each country and so has different ways of managing money and sending money.

Offline wizzer218

• Trade Count: (+153)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • love me some pony!
    • View Profile
    • www.flyinghorsearts.com
« Reply #106 on: October 27, 2014, 03:12:26 PM »
Not trying to take sides here at all, I am a neutral party but I have to say that paypal can be in negative numbers, paypal is slightly different in each country and so has different ways of managing money and sending money.

Agreed ....a long time ago I had a mix up and I also had negative and I live in U.S.

gypsyunicorn

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #107 on: October 27, 2014, 06:23:25 PM »
First of all it wasn't $17 I was refunded!
So why are you claiming it was $17?
If you refunded me and are stating that why don't you say the amount correctly?
Thank you MLPforever
Hugs
Yes I'm done wasting my time with someone who lies

Post Merge: October 27, 2014, 06:40:17 PM

Oh and to add to my prof I do have an email from Paypal
Stating it was from them:
Below is copy of email and out of privacy and after having some issues with Breyer website being hacked I'm omitting some of the case numbers and the amount that was issued because it wasn't the amount you stated!

Hello J Newman,

We have concluded our investigation into your claim.

Seller's Name: Matías
Seller's Email: cuervo8
Seller's Transaction ID: 77P70097

Transaction Date: Aug 22, 2014
Transaction Amount: -$61.50 USD
Your Transaction ID: 17H874449
Case Number: PP-003-439-

Buyer's Transaction ID: 17H87444

You have received a refund via PayPal in the amount of $1?.00 USD.

Sincerely,

Protection Services Department

Please do not reply to this email. This mailbox is not monitored and you
will not receive a response. For assistance, log in to your PayPal account
and click the Help link in the top right corner of any PayPal page.

PPID PP639 - d2c2966a
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 06:40:17 PM by gypsyunicorn »

SockThief

« Reply #108 on: October 28, 2014, 08:05:45 AM »
This is what I have. If you are still unhappy, then send me Baby Dolphin and I will refund you fully.

Enviado a:   
J Newman
Cantidad total:   
$18.00 USD
Importe de la comisión:   
$0.81 USD
Importe neto:   
$17.19 USD

Fecha:   
24/10/2014
Hora:   
11:20:20 GMT-05:00
Estado:   
Completado

It says Completed and the total amount being of $17.19

Marce
« Last Edit: October 28, 2014, 08:08:11 AM by SockThief »

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 28, 2014, 09:27:15 PM »
SockThief, I still haven't received a message or any photos from you. Could you please just refund me my money that I sent you? It's beyond the 45 day limit now, but I really don't feel happy about this situation anymore. If you have pictures or if you've posted them already, please get in touch with me via email. I'm sorry this has turned out as it has, but I can wait no longer :(

Offline ruhje

• Teeny Tiny Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 10, 2014, 11:30:07 AM »
I finally received my ponies, and they're all in good condition. I'm glad. :) Thank you, SockThief.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 11, 2014, 04:55:09 AM »
Thanks for the updates - I'm so glad things have turned out well for you ruhje :hug:  :bigups:   I hope that others involved in this thread/situation will have similar happy endings to their transactions as well.
 Please continue to keep us informed everyone else who is involved  :)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline angelponies

• Trade Count: (+280)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 11, 2014, 05:52:09 PM »
I wanted to make a quick update about the Posey situation between Skeen and I. I will try to keep it short, Skeen, Sockthief and myself had talked things over after everyone had cooled down, as things got so crazy and heated so fast from every angle!  :faint: :lookround: :freak:

I had decided that I was going to go ahead and send the pony to Skeen after Sock refunded me the $600 I paid for her and Skeen was going to help me watch for the Nirvana ponies that I had sold to buy her. ST agreed to it and was going to send me payments for the pony, however, her boyfriend had found out about it and told her no because of the amount of money involved in refunding me. He has the say so over the finances and she apologized and said she tried to talk to him about it and had said that she even got into an argument with him about it, :huh: but it is just too much money for him to refund me, and he doesn't believe he should have to either.

So with that being said, since ST can't refund me, we were back where we started, but after talking to Skeen about the whole thing, the one thing Skeen asks of me is that I never sell Posey to anyone else. I have promised her that I am going to hang onto her so that she doesn't bounce around any more in the future. :hug: :blush:

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Edit: 12/09 I knew how much that Skeen wanted a special pony but can't afford big purchases so I gave her my Venezuela Lickity Split, I felt bad that she didn't have a special pony. This pony was given to me by a good friend for helping with sales, so I only had my time invested into her. I thought Skeen would love her and she does :)

This gorgeous lady now lives with Skeen :satisfied:

I had the box for her too  ^.^

« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 01:52:27 AM by angelponies »

Offline ponyqueen

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "My, Earth really is full of things." -King of All
    • View Profile
    • Etsy
« Reply #113 on: November 12, 2014, 05:48:41 AM »
This is really none of my business, but I have been following this thread, and I have a suggestion at this juncture...

Would you two (Skeen and angleponies) consider joint custody? Like when parents get divorced (a tumultuous and emotional battle, not unlike this situation) both parents get their court-appointed time with their children, with whom they have a substantial investment (again like this situation). For example, one party gets to keep and display Posey for a predetermined length of time (like one year or six months) then they send her to the other to have and display. Unless you are concerned about her getting lost in the mail, this might be a suitable arrangement.

:heart: Did I forget to leave feedback? Please pm me! :heart:

Offline CoonhoundBetty

• Skeen's Minion
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • SAHM/Wife of an artist/word nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 12, 2014, 06:43:08 AM »
*editing* Please do not stir the pot. If they have come to a resolution, then it is not for us to judge or ask questions.  :heart: PL
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 08:00:40 AM by ponylady »

Offline Lady Starflower

• Trade Count: (+246)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Brazilian & Greek Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 12, 2014, 06:45:57 AM »
*edited* for reasons above.  :(
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 08:47:41 AM by ponylady »
Full Wishlist~*~Sales~*~
Grails: Greek(blue)Medley, Greek Sunlight(Silver Clouds) and Brazil Duck Soup.

Offline Stormy31685

• Trade Count: (+397)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 12, 2014, 09:25:58 AM »
I wanted to make a quick update about the Posey situation between Skeen and I. I will try to keep it short, Skeen, Sockthief and myself had talked things over after everyone had cooled down, as things got so crazy and heated so fast from every angle!  :faint: :lookround: :freak:

I had decided that I was going to go ahead and send the pony to Skeen after Sock refunded me the $600 I paid for her and Skeen was going to help me watch for the Nirvana ponies that I had sold to buy her. ST agreed to it and was going to send me payments for the pony, however, her boyfriend had found out about it and told her no because of the amount of money involved in refunding me. He has the say so over the finances and she apologized and said she tried to talk to him about it and had said that she even got into an argument with him about it, :huh: but it is just too much money for him to refund me, and he doesn't believe he should have to either.

So with that being said, since ST can't refund me, we were back where we started, but after talking to Skeen about the whole thing, the one thing Skeen asks of me is that I never sell Posey to anyone else. I have promised her that I am going to hang onto her so that she doesn't bounce around any more in the future. :hug: :blush:

After the long battle I have read between you two, I can honestly say I am glad you and Skeen have reached that final resolution.

As an AVID Nirvana collector for the past 10 years, this is certainly one of the most heartbreaking pony dilemmas I have read about.  I don't often express my personal feelings on the boards, but in this case, I must.

Angelponies AND Skeen, my DEEPEST empathy goes out to BOTH of you over this - it is a situation that was just not going to have a happy ending for anyone involved.

However, this outcome is the right one in my opinion.  Personal feelings about traders and sellers involved aside, no one in THIS instance was scammed.

The opportunity to buy this pony was available to everyone.  It was no one's ill-will that one collector beat another to the punch.  Angelponies paid EXORBITANTLY well for this pony - to the point where I personally would have questioned that amount.  And the seller (regardless of whether or not she knew of the prior situation with Skeen and Cottonmedley), was not holding Skeen's original money, NOR was she benefitting from the scam that took place many years ago (EXCEPT to the degree she had the exact pony - but there is no proof that she was knowledgeable of this). 

In a court of law, given that Skeen never took possession of the pony, the truth is that what was really stolen from her, was the original money she paid.  It is a harder pill to swallow because it is a pony and the love we collectors attach to these horses is sometimes unimaginable, but reality is that there is no proof that Cottonmedley did not simply have pictures she was using to defraud Skeen, rather than an actual pony.  So it cannot be said with real certainty that it is in fact this pony that belongs to Skeen as much as it is the money she paid and lost.

Therefore, it is no one's responsibility (or moral obligation) to hand over a pony like that that was bought and paid for.  It might have been Cottonmedleys responsibilty, but not Socktheif's and not Angelponies'.

That would have been punishing 2 undeserving people for what one person did many years ago. 

I am sure some of you will want to hang me for this post, but I think we all need to put ourselves in other people's shoes at times.

I do agree, though, 1000%, that Angelponies, should you EVER feel the need to sell this pony, you should give Skeen first opportunity, and (if it were me in your shoes) NOT expect to profit from it, but rather take a pretty hefty, charitable loss.

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 30, 2014, 03:23:39 PM »
Still have not received any ponies, pictures, or word from SockThief....I fear I have been scammed :(

Offline Lady Starflower

• Trade Count: (+246)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Brazilian & Greek Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 30, 2014, 03:30:01 PM »
I got my ponies. Took awhile but the came and were as described.
Full Wishlist~*~Sales~*~
Grails: Greek(blue)Medley, Greek Sunlight(Silver Clouds) and Brazil Duck Soup.

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 01, 2014, 11:16:19 AM »
Still have not received any ponies, pictures, or word from SockThief....I fear I have been scammed :(

Oh your kidding  :( I honestly thought she would make good on everyone's transactions. When was the last time you tried to make contact Seashell?
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal