collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: "Blue Flu" Funko Discord Figure  (Read 5774 times)

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
Re: "Blue Flu" Funko Discord Figure
« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2014, 11:18:26 AM »
Guys if you don't like the variants you don't have to buy them, making new molds and characters they will continue to do but that takes a long time, I don't mind some new variants here or there.
It's all a matter of opinion. I've enjoyed collecting the vinyl figures and hunting for the best deals on glitter variants, but it gets really old when you get the same thing over and over just painted a different color. It's a very obvious money-hungry move, and I get that they're a company that sells products so they should be focused on money but... come on! Give us something different!

That's one of the main reasons why I'm not a huge fan of the G4 brushable ponies.

Besides, I did ask if anyone else felt the same way I did about this and I'm glad to see I'm not the only one. I don't hate Funko and if I don't like a product of theirs, I'm not wasting my money/time on it. I just wish they'd change it up as far as the pose/expression goes for the ponies and Discord. It would make collecting the figures a heck of a lot more fun!  We saw that Discord can have a different pose, because of the Mystery Mini, so why not make a bigger version of that in a new variant? I honestly would've been happy with that.

Oh trust me I feel the same way about certain variants such as the black SDCC DJ and Spitfire and the Glow Dr, but this is actually like the first variant I liked besides the glitters of course. Funko does lots of variants its juts what they do I guess, but this is only the second exclusive variant made of the ponies so far.

I understand where you guys are coming from though, hasbro is the king of milking variants for money I think we have about 50 semi different Pinkie Pies by now. So I don't mind a couple different variants of the ponies as long as they dont overdue it in the same poses, wish there wasn't minis though honestly.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

For Sale Wants

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2014, 11:23:24 AM »
  We saw that Discord can have a different pose, because of the Mystery Mini, so why not make a bigger version of that in a new variant? I honestly would've been happy with that.
Indeed, it would be okay if they did the MM Discord in a full-size and be the blue variant. I would have had no issue with another variant if it was different pose, expression, ect. Just not the exact same thing...but blue!! In the beginning of the Funko MLP line it was okay to do that. But now, some of us just want "more". Glitters are one thing, but I do feel it is getting to be a bit too much.

Out of curiosity, when it came to this year's SDCC Funkos (IIRC Black DJ/Spitfire), was there anyone who was really 100% happy with them?
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2014, 11:29:36 AM »
  We saw that Discord can have a different pose, because of the Mystery Mini, so why not make a bigger version of that in a new variant? I honestly would've been happy with that.
Indeed, it would be okay if they did the MM Discord in a full-size and be the blue variant. I would have had no issue with another variant if it was different pose, expression, ect. Just not the exact same thing...but blue!! In the beginning of the Funko MLP line it was okay to do that. But now, some of us just want "more". Glitters are one thing, but I do feel it is getting to be a bit too much.

Out of curiosity, when it came to this year's SDCC Funkos (IIRC Black DJ/Spitfire), was there anyone who was really 100% happy with them?
I can't say I was 100% happy with the SDCC Funko figures this year although I really, really like Spitfire with the black paint.  The only reason I got DJ Pon-3 was because my fiance saw that they had her in stock again on Amazon and ordered it along with something else he was getting so he could get free shipping.

I was way more impressed with Hasbro's exclusive this year. I love my Mane-iac and Hum Drum figures!

Anyway, I think I'll be sticking to regular and glitter variants of the vinyl figures. Rainbow Dash will be the only exception since she's my favorite and I collect almost everything with her.  But if they go ahead and make black bodied/metallic/whatever other color versions of all the ponies, I'll just skip them.

I'm on the fence about this blue Discord. If they actually make a glitter variant of it, I'll definitely pass unless I happen to get lucky and find one in-store.
Instagram / Want List

Offline Aquatic Neon

• View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2014, 11:58:48 AM »
Just got the word he will not have a glitter variant, makes sense since he is a variant himself! If we were to get one last variant I would want a stone one.

"Expected to have him the first week of November. Unfortunately there is not a variant this time around."
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 12:20:57 PM by Aquatic Neon »

For Sale Wants

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2014, 01:54:36 PM »

I would have bought Spitfire...had they not made a mistake with her wings, and if they had been matte like the Mystery Minis. I think the black looks really cool but, alas.

To be honest, I'm glad the ~exclusives~ are just variants and that new character releases are kept to the core line.
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

Offline Eurocoin

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2014, 07:27:54 AM »
It seems Blue Flu Discord is out / released now. Because they have charged my card and it no longer has street date mentioned in the Hot Topic -listing.

Offline Aquatic Neon

• View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2014, 08:11:29 AM »
It seems Blue Flu Discord is out / released now. Because they have charged my card and it no longer has street date mentioned in the Hot Topic -listing.

Thanks for the heads up! I think they meant Discord and Lunas date to be switched that makes more sense since thats what HT told me originally, that Blue Flu/ Metallic Dash were coming early November and princesses were coming late November.

For Sale Wants

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2014, 08:48:38 AM »

I think Pony collectors are a little spoiled- what with the Fair and SDCC ponies-  Funko SDCC exclusives are ALWAYS recolors, so I was not surprised that they continue to do recolors for their exclusives.  It was more unusual that they did Rainbow Dash and Muffin pony glitters for the first year, and they probably only did that to catch up the line so that all the ponies would have glitter variants...

So basically, don't get your hopes up for something special from Funko for SDCC. It will always be a recolor.

Alzatia

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2014, 12:19:07 PM »
Eh, it'd be more fun if they got creative with their recolors. Maybe something like a Rainbow Dash dressed as Daring Do, or a suitless Spitfire.

Offline Aquatic Neon

• View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2014, 12:30:11 PM »
Eh, it'd be more fun if they got creative with their recolors. Maybe something like a Rainbow Dash dressed as Daring Do, or a suitless Spitfire.

Suitless Spitfire would require a whole new mold. I would like new characters as recolors (that is if they have to do them) characters with the same molds. I made a thread on it a little while back.

For Sale Wants

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 10, 2014, 01:57:07 PM »
 If we didn't already have the MM DJ and Spitfire, i would have been okay with the SDCC ones. I could understand if the bigger ones were a store exclusive, but for an SDCC exclusive, I want something that would either wow me or "that's actually pretty clever/neat" .
Glittery RD and Muffin made total sense because they didn't have glitter version.

I wouldn't mind if they did like a "Rainbowfied" or a "Color-swap/ Invertered/Color-Flipped" version of some of the characters. Like for example have a Fluttershy that has Rarity's color scheme, or an inverted-colored Rainbow Dash.
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 10, 2014, 02:01:45 PM »
I thought they should've done glitter Spitfire and Bon Bon as exclusives this year, seeing as they're a pain in the butt to find compared to the other glitters.   :mad:
Instagram / Want List

Alzatia

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #42 on: November 11, 2014, 02:43:12 PM »

Suitless Spitfire would require a whole new mold.

Not really. Same thing only all yellow. She would still retain her goggles obviously. Better than RD recolor variant #5.

Only mold recolored into a different character I'd be cool with would be Fire Fly since the whole concept character and G1 thing. Other than the the others would just feel lazy.

Offline Aquatic Neon

• View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #43 on: November 12, 2014, 08:10:51 AM »

Suitless Spitfire would require a whole new mold.

Not really. Same thing only all yellow. She would still retain her goggles obviously. Better than RD recolor variant #5.

Only mold recolored into a different character I'd be cool with would be Fire Fly since the whole concept character and G1 thing. Other than the the others would just feel lazy.

Good point they could do it as along as she still has her goggles. For me I think I would much rather have new character recolors over the lame black variants. Out of the ones I posted I would especially enjoy the wonderbolt recolors, and the G1 recolors, and maybe some of the Lyra recolors.

For Sale Wants

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 12, 2014, 09:12:28 AM »
Yeah, I would way rather have re-colors than yet more variants too.  Glitter variants were great, but do we really need three variants of Rainbow Dash ??

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal