collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: "Blue Flu" Funko Discord Figure  (Read 5773 times)

Offline Tulips

• Sweetie Pups Nut
  • Trade Count: (+65)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Tiptoe Through The Tulips
    • View Profile
Re: "Blue Flu" Funko Discord Figure
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2014, 12:05:41 AM »
On the topic of varients, this just popped up on Popcultcha (no pic yet though). It's a Metalic RainbowDash Vinyl, not a Pop... anyone heard anything about them or seen any pitures? It's weird that it's just RainbowDash listed.  :huh:

http://www.popcultcha.com.au/my-little-pony-rainbow-dash-metallic-vinyl-figure.html

They also have Funko Pocket Pop 3-packs.
:glitter: ISO MIB SWEETIE PUP :glitter:
OLD ENGLISH SHEEPDOG

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2014, 03:43:51 AM »
Huh...well if nothing else Funko are picking up on Hasbro's rinse and repeat process :P

I like blue but yeah if they were going to release him again maybe a new pose or something would have been nice.

Although, someone correct me if I am wrong but I believe this is something Funko are prone to doing...the same mould and lots of different finishes? I believe they do it with a lot of specials in their line.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2014, 05:05:42 AM »
On the topic of varients, this just popped up on Popcultcha (no pic yet though). It's a Metalic RainbowDash Vinyl, not a Pop... anyone heard anything about them or seen any pitures? It's weird that it's just RainbowDash listed.  :huh:

http://www.popcultcha.com.au/my-little-pony-rainbow-dash-metallic-vinyl-figure.html

They also have Funko Pocket Pop 3-packs.

Thanks for the heads up, I ordered just in case its a popculta exclusive although not sure how I feel about full sized metallic vinyls now..
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

For Sale Wants

Offline otocolobus_manul

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Hope shines eternal
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2014, 05:14:14 AM »
I really can't be bothered with all the variants, including the glitters. They don't look different enough and would take up too much space.
I agree that it would have been a lot better if he actually looked sick.

Same. I also feel the glitters are more sought offer than they are rare, as I see people who own them everywhere, and definitely not rare enough to justify their high prices. They're pretty, sure, but I don't really see the appeal. (Though I'd definitely grab one if I found it in stores, if only to trade xD)

And don't even get me started on the black Spitfire and Vinyl Scratch.
looking for this Calico Critters/Sylvanian Families coat rack!
New sales/trade thread: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,378291.0.html
Wishlist: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,360893.msg1319821.html#msg1319821

Offline Mirnyj

• Siamese PurrPony
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • A house is not a home without a siamese cat
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in finnish)
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2014, 05:38:24 AM »
In the end it's just a recolor and I'm kinda wondering what was the point in making it. :wonder:

instagram ~ facebook ~ online store

Offline Aquatic Neon

• View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2014, 05:44:24 AM »
In the end it's just a recolor and I'm kinda wondering what was the point in making it. :wonder:

In season 4 he has the blue flu, so its a recolor that makes sense actually. I like him. Would have been neat if they used the minis pose for the big blue one!

For Sale Wants

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2014, 06:27:59 AM »
You and me both.  Yes, I know Discord had the "blue flu" in an episode but if we're going to make figures based off of single episodes, they could've done something more interesting.  The Mane 6 in their Gala outfits or coronation outfits, anyone?

I love the regular vinyls and their glitter variants, but now I'm getting annoyed with all these new variants.  The black bodied ones, now a blue Discord, and rumors of a metallic Rainbow Dash (even though I thought just the POP!'s would be getting metallic variants)...  come on, Funko! :yikes:

Huh...well if nothing else Funko are picking up on Hasbro's rinse and repeat process :P

I like blue but yeah if they were going to release him again maybe a new pose or something would have been nice.

Although, someone correct me if I am wrong but I believe this is something Funko are prone to doing...the same mould and lots of different finishes? I believe they do it with a lot of specials in their line.
Yes, Funko tends to do this with their POP! line.  Although with those, I've seen plenty of characters in different outfits, with different facial expressions, etc. so it seems like they could've done it with the ponies.  Maybe we'll see more of a variety in the pony POP! line, but so far we just have the metallic variants of those.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 06:41:37 AM by MoonbeamStar »
Instagram / Want List

Sprinklecupcake

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2014, 06:35:51 AM »
Eh I saw too. Im getting tired of so many variants -_-  Hes cool but im getting tired of trying to collect them all. Hes cool though, if he had a different mold id be all over him! xD the fact they chose the same mold kinda kills it for me.

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2014, 08:42:19 AM »
I'd rather have a "statue/stone/marble" variant of Discord (like when he was trapped in stone for all those years) than a blue flu one. But I do think they need to chill out on all these variants.
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

Offline Aquatic Neon

• View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2014, 08:59:30 AM »
Guys if you don't like the variants you don't have to buy them, making new molds and characters they will continue to do but that takes a long time, I don't mind some new variants here or there.

For Sale Wants

Offline sparkykandy

• Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2014, 09:24:41 AM »
Agrees that the concept of blue flu Discord is interesting, but the figure would look better if he looked sick.
Admin of a Cheritz fan forum.

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2014, 10:47:36 AM »
Guys if you don't like the variants you don't have to buy them, making new molds and characters they will continue to do but that takes a long time, I don't mind some new variants here or there.

People are only stating their opinions.  Not everyone is as crazy for Funko as you are, and recoloring the same character over and over again is a lot of the issue.   

Pony_Mama

« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2014, 10:49:29 AM »
:money: :money: :money: :money: :money:

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2014, 11:05:22 AM »
It's all a matter of opinion. I've enjoyed collecting the vinyl figures and hunting for the best deals on glitter variants, but it gets really old when you get the same thing over and over just painted a different color. It's a very obvious money-hungry move, and I get that they're a company that sells products so they should be focused on money but... come on! Give us something different!

That's one of the main reasons why I'm not a huge fan of the G4 brushable ponies.

Besides, I did ask if anyone else felt the same way I did about this and I'm glad to see I'm not the only one. I don't hate Funko and if I don't like a product of theirs, I'm not wasting my money/time on it. I just wish they'd change it up as far as the pose/expression goes for the ponies and Discord. It would make collecting the figures a heck of a lot more fun!  We saw that Discord can have a different pose, because of the Mystery Mini, so why not make a bigger version of that in a new variant? I honestly would've been happy with that.
Instagram / Want List

Offline Malicieuse

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • All gen collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2014, 11:17:44 AM »
I really can't be bothered with all the variants, including the glitters. They don't look different enough and would take up too much space.
I agree that it would have been a lot better if he actually looked sick.

Same. I also feel the glitters are more sought offer than they are rare, as I see people who own them everywhere, and definitely not rare enough to justify their high prices. They're pretty, sure, but I don't really see the appeal. (Though I'd definitely grab one if I found it in stores, if only to trade xD)

And don't even get me started on the black Spitfire and Vinyl Scratch.

I own one glitter pony (Dj pon-3) and i felt pretty dissapointed by it. People hype these things up so much but i really don't think they look THAT good. Mine even had black chuncks inside her plastic. To me they really aren't worth those crazy prices.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal