collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: "Blue Flu" Funko Discord Figure  (Read 5765 times)

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
"Blue Flu" Funko Discord Figure
« on: October 06, 2014, 04:00:32 PM »
This was just posted by the Funko Instagram account. These will be available at Hot Topic and online, so I'm assuming it isn't the same as the 1/24 glitter chase. :)

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

So uh... anyone else tired of the different variants of the vinyls?  I think this variant is funny (and it looks alright) but I'd like to see some new figures as opposed to variants of already existing ones (I'm looking at you, black bodied Spitfire and DJ Pon-3)!

Honestly, I think I'd like this figure better if he actually looked sick, like he did in the episode.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 04:50:59 PM by MoonbeamStar »
Instagram / Want List

Pony_Mama

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: "Blue Flu" Funko Discord Figure
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2014, 04:09:45 PM »
I just saw this as well. Meh.
He looks good but I'm with you- enough with the multiple variants.
Will he be packed by himself or is he a chase?

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2014, 04:13:39 PM »
Interesting..............

Offline UrocyonFox

• Zombie BBE Pony
  • Trade Count: (+142)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Urocyonfox's Artwork
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2014, 04:15:12 PM »
(I'm looking at you, black bodied Spitfire and DJ Pon-3)!

Ha ha I laughed at this cause I thought the exact same thing and them imagined black DJ and black spitfire just shrugging and going "meh"

Offline Pinkie21

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2014, 04:21:28 PM »
I think I kinda want him, since I like Discord and I like blue.  It's an interesting variant, though.  I can only imagine what people who haven't seen that episode would think of him. 
I'm with you, though.  It'd be nice to see some new figures.  I'm dyin' for Shining Armor and Noteworthy (though he's such an obscure character, I doubt he'd get made).  Maybe a Breezy or two.  Oh, and can we PUH-LEEEAZE get Luna soon?  I'm starting to create a hole where I'm pacing in anticipation...

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2014, 04:41:42 PM »
I'm wondering how people are supposed to get this new blue Discord. Is it a new chase variant (like a 1/72 Discords will be blue, compared to 1/24 glitter), comes in its own case and thus aren't really that rare, online only, ect. ?
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2014, 04:44:52 PM »
I'm wondering how people are supposed to get this new blue Discord. Is it a new chase variant (like a 1/72 Discords will be blue, compared to 1/24 glitter), comes in its own case and thus aren't really that rare, online only, ect. ?

Says he is coming to Hottopic.com and stores soon, pretty sure he will have a glitter variant as well.

For Sale Wants

Offline MoondancerMilkyWay

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • you've got to pony while the pony is pony!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2014, 05:26:05 PM »
*quits*

i'm about to return the preorders i got because no one cares and hot topic has better sales than I can offer. I will not be trying to get this guy at all.
~I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more ponies! I gotta have more ponies!~
"I'm not going to buy every Malibu Stacy with a hat"  - ponyqueen

Offline Malicieuse

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • All gen collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2014, 05:32:39 PM »
I really can't be bothered with all the variants, including the glitters. They don't look different enough and would take up too much space.
I agree that it would have been a lot better if he actually looked sick.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2014, 05:48:36 PM »
This is a boring variant, as variants go.  The vinyl funkos are just TOO BIG and heavy to collect multiples of.  I've loved the glitters, because I've always loved clear glitter ponies, but truth be told, even they are not so exciting anymore since there are so many and the room that I have to house/shelve them is dwindling ...  definitely do not need a giant blue version of Discord.

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2014, 05:54:36 PM »
If there's a glitter variant, I won't lie... I'll be a little angry.  We have ENOUGH variants, what I want is more VARIETY as far as the poses go.  Even the Mystery Minis suck in comparison to the Mystery Minis that other series's get.  The MM's are just smaller versions of the regular vinyls.  Discord's Mystery Mini is in a different pose from his regular vinyl so it's obvious that they can do more.
 -_-
Instagram / Want List

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2014, 05:57:55 PM »
If there's a glitter variant, I won't lie... I'll be a little angry.  We have ENOUGH variants, what I want is more VARIETY as far as the poses go.  Even the Mystery Minis suck in comparison to the Mystery Minis that other series's get.  The MM's are just smaller versions of the regular vinyls.  Discord's Mystery Mini is in a different pose from his regular vinyl so it's obvious that they can do more.
 -_-

Well, there is a glitter variant of Discord already ?  Or do you mean you'd be angry if they came up with another glitter variant? I think that's unlikely, but I'm pretty sure all of the vinyls will have a glitter variant.

As for the minis, there are TWO variants of Discord for the MMs, the colored version and the clear version.  I don't mind variations on the minis so much, since they are easier to store. But I'm not going to spend a lot to get them either...

Offline LittleSpiffy

• Spifftastic!
  • Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2014, 06:16:16 PM »
A glitter variant of the blue variant?  *sigh*

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2014, 06:26:18 PM »
Well, there is a glitter variant of Discord already ?  Or do you mean you'd be angry if they came up with another glitter variant? I think that's unlikely, but I'm pretty sure all of the vinyls will have a glitter variant.

As for the minis, there are TWO variants of Discord for the MMs, the colored version and the clear version.  I don't mind variations on the minis so much, since they are easier to store. But I'm not going to spend a lot to get them either...
I meant a glitter version of the blue one, although I highly doubt they'd do that.  I don't mind collecting the regular variants and their glitter versions, and I'm fine with the Mystery Minis.  But now we have regular sized versions of the Mystery Minis because of the two SDCC exclusives from this year, and I've heard rumors of Rainbow Dash getting the same treatment soon.  Now we'll have 3 different variants of the regular sized Discord and I'd really be bothered if they add another glitter on top of that.

I was fine when there was just the glitter chase of each regular figure, and then the black Mystery Minis with the glow-in-the-dark chases. Then they added regular colored versions of those and the crystal Discord. I guess I'm just tired of so many variants and no pose changes or anything interesting.

Although, to be fair, at least MM Discord has a different pose from the bigger Discord.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 06:29:57 PM by MoonbeamStar »
Instagram / Want List

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
Re: Funko Vinyl Collectibles Thread II (Rarity/Discord/Daring Do Now Shipping)
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2014, 08:03:16 PM »
One thing I want to point out is that the blue Discord is a hot topic exclusive not a presale, he will not be at other stores.

For Sale Wants

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal