collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: "About you" survey, English 102 Homework (Thanks)  (Read 9867 times)

Aednatia

• Trade Count: (0)
"About you" survey, English 102 Homework (Thanks)
« on: September 23, 2014, 11:30:53 AM »
Thanks to everyone who filled this out. Working on the paper and the customs for the winners.

Spoiler
Yep I'm now going to bribe you. Those that have already taken this survey, you are already entered and have special entry since you didn't need to be bribed :). This first groups includes 1 PM so your numbers may not represent what you think your reply order is. If any PM entries win they will still remain anonymous.

The ponies to be won are, your choice of: MoC Nurse Redheart or a simple random G4 custom by me (likely be a background character or alt gen). Simple= rehair and symbol/eyes repaint. no FBR or accessories. examples here

The drawings will be on Sunday 5th. Approximate time noon.

Those that have already filled out the survey, if you have a moment I added question 3.5 it would be greatly appreciated if you could edit our survey. Thanks!

Hello all.

I have to do first person research for my English paper. I want to get to know the people here on this community forum as part of the research paper. The teacher said to pick something I liked. In an earlier thread, I was asking for help on what the topic should be and everyone suggested ponies. So below are some question I would greatly appreciate it if you would answer. This place is a very welcoming place, so I really hope you all feel comfortable answering with a reply, but I can take your answers via PM if you do not. It may be wishful thinking but I would like to get at least half the members here to reply.

Lets begin
1. Gender and age range (9 or under, 10-14,16-19,20-29,30-34,35-39,40-44,45 or over)

2. Do you customize ponies?
   If yes- what year did you start?
   How many do you think you have made?
   Do you make them to- keep/gift(includes swaps) or sale or both?
3. Are you a member to any other PONY specific forum/websites
    which ones?
3.5 Do you collect My Little Pony Toys, Merchandise or collectibles? (as is state no modifying)
    Do you store them or display them?
4. Do you watch My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic?
5. Do you consider yourself a Brony or Pegasister?
6. Have you watched the movie"Bronies: The Extremely Unexpected Adult Fans of My Little Pony" Directed by Laurent Malaquais
    your thought- Good or bad portrait of Bronies?
7. Have you watched or read anything else related to bronies, collecting or customizing ponies.
    which ones? did you think it was portrayed in good or bad way?
8. Have you ever visited any PONY specific convention?
    Which ones? - (I will include Comic-Com as long as you wonder around the Hasbro site a little)
    Did you dress up as a pony based character? (not import and you don't have to answer, personally just curious)

Thank you all so much who have already filled this out.. please note I have missed a question, it is now 3.5 and in red.. Those of you that may recheck this if you could modify your post that would be nice but no one has to go out of their way. I forgot that their maybe people here for art and collecting and not customizing.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2014, 01:28:02 AM by Aednatia »

Offline Whippycorn

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: ** SURVEY PLEASE FILL OUT ** For Homework
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2014, 11:48:14 AM »
Happy to help. :) Here you go!

1. Gender and age range female 20-29
2. Do you customize ponies? yes
   If yes- what year did you start? 2013 (properly)
   How many do you think you have made? about 13 with several in progress
   Do you make them to- keep/gift(includes swaps) or sale or both? mostly to sell, but a couple have been gifts
    which ones? no
4. Do you watch My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic? yes
5. Do you consider yourself a Brony or Pegasister? no
6. Have you watched the movie"Bronies: The Extremely Unexpected Adult Fans of My Little Pony" Directed by Laurent Malaquais no
7. Have you watched or read anything else related to bronies, collecting or customizing ponies.
    which ones? did you think it was portrayed in good or bad way? I have read a couple of newspaper articles on collectors, which were generally positive if a little sensationalist. I've read a few online articles about bronies, one portrayed bronies as 'peter pans' or 'refusing to grow up' and others were neutral. I'm sorry but I can't remember the specific sources.
8. Have you ever visited any PONY specific convention?  no *cries*
    Which ones? - (I will include Comic-Com as long as you wonder around the Hasbro site a little)
    Did you dress up as a pony based character? (not import and you don't have to answer, personally just curious)
**** ARENA SALES ****

**** EBAY SALES ****

Offline Tap Dancer

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Dance 'n Prance with me! :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2014, 11:50:38 AM »
1. Gender and age range (9 or under, 10-14, 16-19, 20-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45 or over)
Female: 35-39

No

3. Are you a member to any other PONY specific forum/websites?
My Little Pony Trading Post (www.mlptp.net)

3.5 Do you collect My Little Pony Toys, Merchandise or collectibles? (as is state no modifying)

I'm not actively collecting anymore. The ones I have are stored away. I always bought near mint to MIB because I'm a picky collector who does not like modifications.

No, I've never seen it.

I don't use those silly words. I'm a classic My Little Pony fan.

6. Have you watched the movie, "Bronies: The Extremely Unexpected Adult Fans of My Little Pony," directed by Laurent Malaquais?
I've never heard of it and I'm not interested.

7. Have you watched or read anything else related to bronies, collecting or customizing ponies?
No

No
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 04:53:11 PM by Tap Dancer »

Offline Rainbowrific Renia

• A Pony Lost in the Stars
  • Trade Count: (+40)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Crazy ferret lady!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2014, 11:55:56 AM »
1. Gender and age range (9 or under, 10-14,16-19,20-29,30-34,35-39,40-44,45 or over)
Female, 20-29

No.

which ones?

No.

Yes.

I don't really use those terms. I just like to say that I'm a My Little Pony fan.

6. Have you watched the movie"Bronies: The Extremely Unexpected Adult Fans of My Little Pony" Directed by Laurent Malaquais
No.

No.

Sadly, no.
    Did you dress up as a pony based character? Although not at a pony specific convention, I have done pony related cosplays before at other conventions.
Instagram / Want List

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline pinkaurora

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2014, 11:56:06 AM »
1. Gender and age range 30-34

2. Do you customize ponies? I have
   If yes- what year did you start? a few years ago, I a not heavy into it it's just some thing I tried for fun
   How many do you think you have made? 5
   Do you make them to- keep/gift(includes swaps) or sale or both? one was for a swap, one was a gift and the others I kept .
    which ones? Yes, My Little Pony Trading Post and also A German MLP site
    Do you store them or display them? I collect toys, merchandise and collectibles. Some i have on display and others are packed up in storage.
4. Do you watch My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic? I have watched a couple episodes from the first season
5. Do you consider yourself a Brony or Pegasister? No not really more of a collector/ enthusiast / admirer lol
6. Have you watched the movie"Bronies: The Extremely Unexpected Adult Fans of My Little Pony" Directed by Laurent Malaquais No
    which ones? did you think it was portrayed in good or bad way? I know I read an article on line about bronie  collecting and I think it was done in a neutral way (wish I could remember the name)
8. Have you ever visited any PONY specific convention? No
Report to moder
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 10:04:39 AM by pinkaurora »

Offline archidraca

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Boy ponies, gotta catchem all! ^w^
    • View Profile
    • Ponies A'More - ponies, love, & more!
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2014, 12:06:04 PM »

Female 30-34

2. Do you customize ponies?  Yes
   If yes- what year did you start?  2013
   How many do you think you have made? Somewhere around 40-60
   Do you make them to- keep/gift(includes swaps) or sale or both? Mostly for sale. A good 10 or so for Swaps. Maybe another 15 for my personal Armies.  ^^;

which ones?

MLP Trading Post

Quite a number of toys and some of their accessories. Some, mostly usable, merchandise.

Do you store them or display them? Mostly display, some easily accessible storage, some long term storage.

Seldom anymore.

Occasionally I will call myself a Brony. I dislike the idea of calling myself a Pegasister (don't know why...). Mostly I just call myself a Collector.

6. Have you watched the movie"Bronies: The Extremely Unexpected Adult Fans of My Little Pony" Directed by Laurent Malaquais  No
    your thought- Good or bad portrait of Bronies?  NA

Read plenty of websites related to collecting ponies (usually whatever specific one I'm chasing). Does DA count? I've used it for references on making ponies along with a YouTube tutorial on rehairing. The sensational "OMG, Bronies!" articles I've seen have great pictures but I often don't read more than a paragraph of such drivel.

No, although I want to someday.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 01:03:19 PM by archidraca »
Creatively cute and proud of it!  Have a very good day, [you]!  ^.^

I'm making custom cute pony plushies and have set up an Etsy store called Ponies A'More! Ponies + More + LOVE! :heart: :inlove: :heart:
Finally got my SALES thread up and update it as I can.  :satisfied:
Lastly, posting my Wishlist here!  :biggrin:

UnicornCandy

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2014, 12:17:31 PM »
1. Gender and age range Female, 20

2. Do you customize ponies? Yep!
   If yes- what year did you start? 2014
   How many do you think you have made? Only three or four so far.
   Do you make them to- keep/gift(includes swaps) or sale or both? Personal projects
    which ones? Facebook pages, trading post, thats it!
4. Do you watch My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic? Yep! I have seen episodes but don't follow like others
5. Do you consider yourself a Brony or Pegasister? NO WAY!
    your thought- Good or bad portrait of Bronies? Both really, but I like exploring and understanding others opinions! - made me very much want to go to a con though!
    which ones? did you think it was portrayed in good or bad way? Not sure? I don't follow the word 'Bronie
8. Have you ever visited any PONY specific convention? Nope, planned on going to UKPonycon, but too expensive in the long run!

:biggrin:

Offline Pheasant

• She's a daydreamer
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2014, 12:19:59 PM »
Hi there, fellow Idahoan! ;)
(Just wanting to throw in that if my some stroke of luck I do win the drawing, please send my prize to another user. I'm no longer collecting.)
Female; 16-19.
2. Do you customize ponies? Yes
   If yes- what year did you start? 2008
   How many do you think you have made? Around 10, only seven completed.
   Do you make them to- keep/gift(includes swaps) or sale or both? Four were for swaps; three were for a private transaction and the others are for myself.
3. Are you a member to any other PONY specific forum/websites Yes
    which ones? The MLPTP
3.5 Do you collect My Little Pony Toys, Merchandise or collectibles?
I no longer collect ponies actively, but I do have a few I've held onto. Most are in storage, and a few sit around my room.
I've watched it once or twice, but I'm not a fan, so no.
5. Do you consider yourself a Brony or Pegasister? No
6. Have you watched the movie"Bronies: The Extremely Unexpected Adult Fans of My Little Pony" Directed by Laurent Malaquais No, and I have no interest in it either.
    your thought- Good or bad portrait of Bronies? N/A
7. Have you watched or read anything else related to bronies, collecting or customizing ponies. Yes.
Ballad of the Brony is the only one I've seen; it gave an informative view of the brony origins and community, and was portrayed in a positive light.
    Which ones? - (I will include Comic-Com as long as you wonder around the Hasbro site a little) N/A
    Did you dress up as a pony based character? (not import and you don't have to answer, personally just curious) N/A
« Last Edit: October 04, 2014, 10:04:29 AM by Sundown »
Mimic on MLPTP

Offline Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2014, 12:47:38 PM »
 1. Gender and age range Female, prefer not to say age
2. Do you customize ponies? No, not really. I have customized a few G3 Ponyvilles in the past but I wouldn't really call myself a customizer.
If yes- what year did you start? 2010, I think
How many do you think you have made? around 5-7 probably
Do you make them to- keep/gift(includes swaps) or sale or both? Mostly to keep, although I did make one for a friend once
3. Are you a member to any other PONY specific forum/websites/which ones? UK Ponycon forum
3.5 Do you collect My Little Pony Toys, Merchandise or collectibles? YES! (All gens except G3.5, but I mostly focus on G1)
Do you store them or display them? Display, although some are in storage atm while I sort out my shelves
4. Do you watch My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic? I've seen a few episodes (wedding episode w/ Chrysalis, Maud Pie, Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000 + the Breezie ep) but in general I'm not a fan.
5. Do you consider yourself a Brony or Pegasister? No, not at all.
6. Have you watched the movie"Bronies: The Extremely Unexpected Adult Fans of My Little Pony" Directed by Laurent Malaquais No, not interested.
your thought- Good or bad portrait of Bronies? n/a
7. Have you watched or read anything else related to bronies, collecting or customizing ponies. I've read some customizing guides (most written pre-g4) but no to the rest of them.
which ones? did you think it was portrayed in good or bad way? n/a?
8. Have you ever visited any PONY specific convention? Yes!
Which ones? UK Ponycon (went to the last two, can't wait for this year's con! :D)
Did you dress up as a pony based character? Heh, no. Not really one for cosplaying.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 08:08:14 AM by Carrehz »

Sprintex

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2014, 01:02:07 PM »
1. Gender and age range (9 or under, 10-14,16-19,20-29,30-34,35-39,40-44,45 or over) Male - 45

2. Do you customize ponies? No
   If yes- what year did you start?
   How many do you think you have made?
   Do you make them to- keep/gift(includes swaps) or sale or both?
3. Are you a member to any other PONY specific forum/websites  No
    which ones?
4. Do you watch My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic?  Yes
5. Do you consider yourself a Brony or Pegasister?  No
6. Have you watched the movie"Bronies: The Extremely Unexpected Adult Fans of My Little Pony" Directed by Laurent Malaquais  No - never heard of it!
7. Have you watched or read anything else related to bronies, collecting or customizing ponies.  No
8. Have you ever visited any PONY specific convention?  Yes
    Which ones? - (I will include Comic-Com as long as you wonder around the Hasbro site a little)   UK PonyCon :yippee:
    Did you dress up as a pony based character? (not import and you don't have to answer, personally just curious)  Yes  :biggrin:

Offline ashes

• Forever Orange Site Mod
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2014, 01:19:52 PM »

Female, 35 - 39

No

Yes, mlptp, but I rarely go there 

Yes

No

Yes.

I honestly thought it was a bit ridiculous.  It went on and on about how these men found a place for themselves in the world - well isn't that what fandoms are for? Plus the ending didn't draw any conclusions about why men like MLPFiM.  It also completely discounted the female fans that MLP has had for YEARS.  It was like all of a sudden since men like MLP, the franchise was "cool."

No

Yes, the MLP Fair in San Francisco in 2006.

thanks to jupi for my avi and harvestmoongirl for my siggy!

Check out my website: artbyashes.com

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2014, 01:32:39 PM »
1. Gender and age range 35-39 female

2. Do you customize ponies? Yes
   If yes- what year did you start? 2007? I think....
   How many do you think you have made? LOL I have no idea!!! *goes to count* 325? I think....
   Do you make them to- keep/gift(includes swaps) or sale or both? D. all of the above
3. Are you a member to any other PONY specific forum/websitesYes
    which ones? Trading Post
3.5 Do you collect My Little Pony Toys, Merchandise or collectibles? (as is state no modifying) Yes
    Do you store them or display them? Both
4. Do you watch My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic? Yes
6. Have you watched the movie"Bronies: The Extremely Unexpected Adult Fans of My Little Pony" Directed by Laurent Malaquais Nope
    your thought- Good or bad portrait of Bronies? N/A
7. Have you watched or read anything else related to bronies, collecting or customizing ponies. Nope
    which ones? did you think it was portrayed in good or bad way? N/A
    Which ones? - (I will include Comic-Com as long as you wonder around the Hasbro site a little) N/A
    Did you dress up as a pony based character? (not import and you don't have to answer, personally just curious) N/A
« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 03:43:37 PM by kaoskat »

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline nessa16

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Sugarberry is SWEETEST Pony!
    • View Profile
    • Nessa's Toy Chest
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2014, 01:41:37 PM »
Female, 20-29

2. Do you customize ponies? No

3. Are you a member of any other PONY specific forum/websites, if so, which ones? yes, MLPTP

4. Do you watch My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic? Yes

6. Have you watched the movie"Bronies: The Extremely Unexpected Adult Fans of My Little Pony" Directed by Laurent Malaquais? Yes
Your thoughts?  Good or bad portrait of Bronies? It was interesting but I thought it was kind of annoying to watch as if MLP became a thing just because of Bronies.  I liked it for the fact of males being comfortable and enjoying MLP.  I really hated how the one guy kept getting bullied to the point of fear for self because he put MLP decals on his car and liked MLP.

7. Have you watched or read anything else related to bronies, collecting or customizing ponies and if so, which ones? did you think it was portrayed in good or bad way?  Have read occasional articles online, MLP inventory books-neutral to good I would say.

8. Have you ever visited any PONY specific convention?  If so, which ones? Minnesota MLP Meet-2 years in a row
Did you dress up as a pony based character? Not to the meets, just wore MLP t-shirt and belt.  I did dress up as Fluttershy one year for Halloween, however.

Main Wishlist*Card List*Doll Sales
"It's not about how hard you hit, but how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"-Sylvestor Stallone as Rocky Balboa in Rocky Balboa, "Live long and prosper."

Offline Marlin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2014, 02:46:55 PM »
1. Gender and age range Female, 30-34.

2. Do you customize ponies? No.

which ones? I did join the TP back in the day, but I am only active on this site :)

4. Do you watch My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic? No.

5. Do you consider yourself a Brony or Pegasister? NO. I am a (vintage) My Little Pony Collector.

6. Have you watched the movie"Bronies: The Extremely Unexpected Adult Fans of My Little Pony" Directed by Laurent Malaquais?
    No.

I haven't really watched anything to do with collecting itself or customization. Re 'bronies', I've followed a couple of links that have been posted in threads here (mostly out of curiosity to see how brony pony collecting is being portrayed to the world) but generally I try to distance myself from anything connected with the term 'brony'. Sorry.  Having said that, most documentary/new related representations I have seen of 'them' appear to be positive or at least promote them that way. In contrast, the things I hear and read about people (on other forums) trash talking others over their collecting interests (other generations specifically) and sexualising things.... Grow up people. Always takes a few bad eggs to spoil the enjoyment for everyone else (including other proud-to-be bronies who don't behave like that).

8. Have you ever visited any PONY specific convention? No.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 02:55:24 PM by Marlin »

Offline Miss Violet

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Takara ponies wanted!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2014, 03:17:32 PM »
1. Gender and age range

Not yet but will start soon!

which ones? FB MLP ARENA &THE MLP ARENA ,My Little Phony,My little pony Auctions ,

I collect Greek Ponies ,other collectible ponies & MLP merchandise t-shirts,wallets,bags,pins.
I proudly display my ponies and i store my merch!

no i do not.

neither

6. Have you watched the movie"Bronies: The Extremely Unexpected Adult Fans of My Little Pony" Directed by Laurent Malaquais yes i watched it.
    your thought- Good or bad portrait of Bronies? neither just amusing.

nothing to comment

8. Have you ever visited any PONY specific convention? not yet
- no dress up for me!
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 04:50:17 PM by Miss Violet »
Takara ponies wanted!i have Milky and Pinky looking for the other ones! Takara outfits and accessories too!

open for ART COMMISSIONS!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal