collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Disney Fairies  (Read 6208 times)

Offline LadyMoondancer

• *Arena VIP*
  • Trade Count: (+96)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.superpony.com
Re: Disney Fairies
« Reply #45 on: March 05, 2015, 04:42:42 PM »
I haven't seen much of this series (I watched two of the movies, I think), but I really liked what I did see.  I'll be sad to see it go.
Visit my Tumblr, Heck Yeah, Pony Scans!

Sprinklecupcake

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #46 on: March 06, 2015, 02:42:52 AM »
Wait..... they are discontinuing Disney Fairies!?? How...could....they!??  :cry:
Disney Fairies is probably what really got me back into Disney after some traumatic things happened in my late teens, so the rebirth of Tinkerbelle was also like a rebirth of myself in a way... so sad! Are they discontinuing the books? Movies? Both!?? I havnt even seen Rani yet on the screen.....

Offline Violet CLM

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sunset Shimmer did nothing wrong
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 06, 2015, 10:12:31 AM »
Sorry to be the bearer of ill news. :( AFAICT there hasn't been a new storybook in three years now, since Rosetta's Dress Mess. I don't know how much longer the graphic novels will be continuing... presumably long enough to adapt Neverbeast, but after that who knows. Rani seems unlikely to show up at this point unless she gets a reboot of her own some years down the line.

Sprinklecupcake

« Reply #48 on: March 06, 2015, 11:51:24 AM »
AWWWE what a shame! :shocked:

Well, I took pics of my LE Disney Fairies today! I hope that cheers people up! I would like them to make Periwinkle someday...
wanted to take pics of my Disney Fairies!  :blush:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Violet CLM

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 06, 2015, 06:30:33 PM »
That is simply the best Zarina! And a pretty good Fawn too, though I'm still not sure how I feel about her redesign...

Video time:
Tink'n About Animals--a Neverbeast-related short where Fawn talks about animals. Lots of animals. Lots of lots of animals.
Neverbeast deleted scenes, including a little bit of characterization for the scout fairies--contains movie spoilers.

Offline LittleSpiffy

• Spifftastic!
  • Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 07, 2015, 07:51:24 AM »
That is simply the best Zarina! And a pretty good Fawn too, though I'm still not sure how I feel about her redesign...

Video time:
Tink'n About Animals--a Neverbeast-related short where Fawn talks about animals. Lots of animals. Lots of lots of animals.
Neverbeast deleted scenes, including a little bit of characterization for the scout fairies--contains movie spoilers.

I'm okay with her redesign...but not okay with the bunny.  It's not to scale!!  Aren't the fairies 3" tall?  That bunny would be...less than an 1" in height?

Sprinklecupcake

« Reply #51 on: March 07, 2015, 11:00:15 PM »
^ right!?? The bunny bugs the hay outta me. I might remove it LOL

Offline Violet CLM

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 24, 2015, 11:24:38 PM »
So this got posted on blogs.disney.com yesterday:

Some nice familiar names there! Good to see some part of the world still acknowledging the fairy gals. Because I have to ask... have you folks seen much merchandise, etc. for Neverbeast out there in the wild? I have not. No toys, no books, no random themed sunglasses or napkins or whatever, nothing. Not in the local Redbox machine. There's basically no indication that a Disney movie just came out, and I am the sad. :(

Meanwhile, this is not a new show, but it could be worth watching if you haven't seen it before: Tinkerbell on ice! (Not to be confused with How To Ice Skate.)
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 12:44:34 AM by VioletCLM »

Offline egyptiondragon

• Secret Mythic Flygon
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Flying with dragons on a moonbeam
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 24, 2015, 11:45:02 PM »
I have never seen any of the series I have become a little interested by the LE fawn doll I think shes adorable! Seeing this post I am gonna have to watch some you did such a good discription. also sad to see it end the neverbeast looked very interesting to me in general.

Offline LittleSpiffy

• Spifftastic!
  • Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 25, 2015, 10:54:26 AM »
Violet, I haven't seen anything either...other than a DVD floor display in Walmart.

There is SO much old stock of past Disney releases in each toy section I visit.  I saw "Great Fairy Rescue" dolls not too long ago, which is crazy.

I think it's because they repeated the same characters with minor differences in the clothing/doll features that slowed the demand for new dolls.  Why make "Neverbeast" dolls when mom & dad can pick up a "Pirate Fairy" Fawn for their little one?

It's makes me sad.  However, on the other hand, I think "Neverbeast" is the best of all the movies.  I also felt like it catered more to the adult fans.  I think the production team poured their hearts and souls into "Neverbeast" to make it the best :heart: 

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
« Reply #55 on: March 25, 2015, 03:22:34 PM »
AWWWE what a shame! :shocked:

Well, I took pics of my LE Disney Fairies today! I hope that cheers people up! I would like them to make Periwinkle someday...
wanted to take pics of my Disney Fairies!  :blush:

Oh, these are so beautiful! I am especially jealous of your Zarina. The bunny is ridiculously irritating, though. Whose stupid idea was it to make that tiny bunny?

So Disney Movie Club's movie of the month for April is Legend of the Neverbeast! So I will be getting that from DMC, and I'm going to use my member discount to finally get a copy of The Pirate Fairy! I was really hoping they would make Neverbeast the movie of the month, since I really wanted a reason to get it now at full price. ;) I'm super excited!

Offline Violet CLM

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 08, 2015, 07:16:57 PM »
Art of Disney Fairies has a really great post up trying to guess the plot of the original (overly dark) Tinkerbell movie, based on trailers, animation tests, storyboards, concept art, and anything else you could imagine. Check it out! Sample:

The post unfortunately doesn't include links to the (many) different images and other sources, but you can find most of them browsing through the extensive Tinker Bell tag, which contains all sorts of materials for the first movie, both the dark version and the released version.

(On the personal side of things... I got a new dress for Silvermist! And I almost got a Secret of the Wings DVD on eBay but the package fell apart in transit and everything came out. :shocked:)

Princess Lala

« Reply #57 on: May 08, 2015, 09:35:55 PM »
I would love a stationary/journal set of the Magical Guide! :-)

I almost would have perfered a darker Tinkerbelle movie! We need more Disney movies like that.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2015, 09:37:55 PM by Princess Lala »

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
« Reply #58 on: May 10, 2015, 08:00:33 PM »
I believe I found a fakie Tinker Bell at Goodwill yesterday (didn't buy it and didn't take a picture, though). I was too busy buying the real Disney dolls I found that I didn't spend much time looking at the Tink doll, but she was very light, naked (of course -- it was Goodwill, after all), and oddly didn't have any kind of stamp -- Disney or otherwise (this is the main reason I figured she was a fakie). But her face looked a lot like some of the Tinker Bell dolls I've seen, and her hair was definitely Tink's hair.

Has anyone else run into this sort of fakie?

Offline Violet CLM

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 11, 2015, 02:10:10 AM »
Not personally, but now that you mention it, there are actually quite a few Tinker Bell fakies out there and this seems as good an excuse as any to post some of them. :) Either the Tink fakie business really blossomed around the time Pirate Fairy came out, or else these are just the ones still easily discoverable as the internet continues to spin its wheels, idk. So let's see...

You see these a lot. Their off-color nature gives them away, but they're not awful, really.

LEGO Friends fakies! They look really good here (if you ignore Silvermist's inexplicable dye job), but then this is a stock photo... sadly, other pictures I've seen of them show their facial features looking much more pronounced.

Baby dolls! Not gonna lie these two look really cute and someday I may be tempted enough.

Same line, but about twice as tall.

Couple of fairies. I *think* they're supposed to be Silvermist and Periwinkle, but who really knows? The one on the left also comes with purple hair sometimes.

And then there are just a bunch of different Tink and Zarina dolls that I have trouble keeping straight. These two pairs are obviously related, though they're wearing different outfits, but there may be others entirely out there... dunno. They're all about the same... pretty good quality, but you can tell they're not the real thing.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal