collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: [BOWTIE IS BACK] Ebay buyer thinks that pony is re-haired  (Read 4161 times)

Offline zora

• Trade Count: (+75)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
[BOWTIE IS BACK] Ebay buyer thinks that pony is re-haired
« on: September 21, 2014, 10:02:06 AM »
update: bow tie arrived safely at my place today  ^.^ the buyer even glued the head back on.

I PMed the first person who sent me a PM about buying her. i am sorry for the others and thank you so much for your support for bow tie and me ^^

___________OLD UPDATE_____________________________

She sent lots of photos + a description why she thinks that it is not original now which assure me that this is and was always an original pony! i uploaded them in my photobucket:

this is an original italian tail washer, i know them from many cleanings:

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

this looks A LOT like original glue if you ask me:

one of the italian production issues, this is COMMON (and how should i have sealed the other hairplug-holes if there should be more?!?!):

well, here is the link to all of the pictures + her descriptions:

http://s1324.photobucket.com/user/deukalischeflut/library/?sort=3&page=1

i hope we can resolve this and i hope she reads this..  -_-

_________________________________OLD TOPIC __________________

hi,

i just got a case where an ebay buyer blames me that a pony i sold is rerooted which comes from a friends childhood collection so this is simply impossible.

i dont know how i can proof that the pony is not rehaired, i told her to pop the head off and look inside (the neck-seam is unbroken!). as she is an arena member i even suggested to post pictures and open a thread so the pony experts can proof that this is an original pony. it seems like she doesnt want to talk to me as she didnt reply to my messages and opened a paypal claim. i dont know what made her think that this is a rehair..

i offered to refund the price of the pony if it is returned to me. she even wants the full shipping back which i do not agree with as she bought also another pony from me..

this is the auction in question:

http://www.ebay.at/itm/281435145679?ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1587.l2649
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 10:50:32 AM by zora »
Former Nirvana and BigBro Collector

Offline kitkatvintage

• Trade Count: (+353)
  • Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • KitKatVintage - My Little Pony Collection
Re: Ebay buyer thinks that pony is re-haired
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2014, 10:18:49 AM »
From the auction pictures, the hair looks original based on the color, texture, the way it lays, ect. In the 7th pic, the front of the mane looks thinner than the part near the neck, but this could be the result of rough brushing pulling the hair out. I would not suspect this pony to be rerooted based on the outside pictures. The best way to tell for sure is to look at the stitching inside the head. As mentioned, I woukd recommend that your buyer post pictures to gather community opinions.

If the buyer insists on a full refund, I think the cost of the pony is the only refund to be made. Shipping costs should not be included in the refund amount.

Offline ClosetAvalanche

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2014, 01:53:23 PM »
paypal will likely side with the buyer, so it's important you respond to the case WITH RETURN FOR REFUND.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2014, 05:15:08 PM »
If she bought more than one pony and you combined shipping then you shouldnt have to give her all the shipping money back (usually you would have to give the refund for the pony and the original shipping cost- but not return shipping which is paid for by the buyer) . I think if she has not listened to you and she just opened a case then  you wont get anywhere with trying to reason that it hasnt been rehaired (which i dont think it has been rehaired TBH it looks original)  :awake:  - its easier to just respond to the case by saying that  you will refund for the pony if she sends it back, and (maybe) half the shipping , but not full shipping since the shipping cost was for more than one item  (she has to send it back with tracking).

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline zora

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2014, 11:12:58 PM »
The problem is that she bought the other pony here on the arena from me.. Paypal closed the case and now i am awaiting the return of falsely accused bow tie. I find that ultimate unfair as this pony is original and i will lose money despite i didnt do anything wrong..  :huh:
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 12:28:52 AM by zora »

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2014, 04:46:40 AM »
As Ringlets mentioned you are under no obligation to refund the return shipping cost. eBay also will not enforce that. She must return the pony in it's original state, with proof of tracking and then it must show as delivered back to you. So it surprises me they closed the case out already, seeing that the pony is not back in your possession??

Did she open a case for the second pony purchased here or just the one on eBay?

:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Skeen

• Not actually Captain Janeway
  • Trade Count: (+79)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2014, 08:29:59 AM »
That's pretty low of your buyer, zora.  :/  Would you mind PMing me her name?  I want to avoid. 

And when you get the pony back make sure she didn't send you a rehaired one!  It sounds a lot like she had a rehaired one and wanted yours as an upgrade, for free. 

Offline zora

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2014, 08:31:35 AM »
she doesnt sound like a scammer nor is she unfriendly. i think she just is a newbie in pony collecting and is not used to the texture of bow ties hair as it is very silky for an italian pony..

Offline MiRaja

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://lilmissroadrage.livejournal.com
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2014, 11:25:08 AM »
There are certainly some Italians who do have really silky hair, and it IS a different texture than US G1 hair, but it also feels NOTHING like Dollyhair, nor does it lay anything like it. 

I have a beautiful Italian Sunlight and oh my goodness is that hair silky, and I can tell that hair on your Bowtie is just the same.  It's also a color that I am not aware of being reproduced, so you couldn't even get that hair color.  Isn't that the same shade of hair color on Italian Heartthrob?  It's a very beautiful red color. 

Offline SoSilver

• Italian Blue Lickety Split
  • Trade Count: (+116)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2014, 12:12:13 AM »
She is 100% original :)
I have CP Sparkler, CP orange Bluebelle and CP magenta hair Bowtie with the same amount of hair.
It is very common for the last batch of italian ponies to be like that :)

Good luck with it!

Click on my siggie and visit my Pony Gallery!

Offline Callista11

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2014, 03:10:55 AM »
Zora, I am so sorry to hear of problems with your buyer.  :huh: Your bow tie is gorgeous!
Octohug Avatar by the talented Thimble!

Offline zora

• View Profile
Re: [HUGE UPDATE] Ebay buyer thinks that pony is re-haired
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2014, 07:54:06 AM »
huge update

Offline MiRaja

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://lilmissroadrage.livejournal.com
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2014, 11:39:13 AM »
:headdesk:

You need to tell your silly buyer she needs to go post these in the nirvana forum and ask them if THEY think she;s a rehair.  Though that is exactly what she should've done in the first place before ever opening a case.  How does she think these are the reasons she is a rehair?  Her hair starts later than her other Italian?  Really?  And what, you just magically filled about twenty plug holes?  The plug holes don't just magically disappear when you pull the hair out of them.  Also the washer/clamp, that's original, and there's really not much way to take one of those off the hair and replace it onto new hair.  There just isn't.  So that should be pretty blatant that she's original.

Post Merge: September 23, 2014, 11:41:45 AM

Also, what she calls is old glue is just vinyl.  That's just the excess vinyl that comes off the injection molders, that glue stuff is old glue. 
« Last Edit: September 23, 2014, 11:41:45 AM by MiRaja »

Offline SoSilver

• Italian Blue Lickety Split
  • Trade Count: (+116)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2014, 11:46:47 AM »
I agree with everything miRaja just said.
How can someone che ge the numbers of the plugs?
And yes, that is exceeded vinyl in the neck.

About the cord not leaving any stain, i have dozen of italians mint as they just left the shop, so it is not uncommon at all to have nice, clean and good as new ponies.

Hugs!

Click on my siggie and visit my Pony Gallery!

Offline nhal039

• Trade Count: (+171)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2014, 01:11:40 PM »
sorry this is happening to you. Despite everything and photos all she needed to send was a picture of the mane weave and this issue would have been cleared. She did not do this which is madness! her pictures prove nothing and her explanations are all rubbish as everything she said is based of nothing, ponies varies millions are made. If anything the pony is in super condition and she should be so pleased to find one with hair this good and no rust!!!
I don't think you are going to win with her thou as ebay will side with the buyer so I would just accept the return (as bitter as it and i am sorry for you having to deal with it) post her ebay name and arena name so other sellers are aware and just carry on. Some people aren't worth the stress my dear

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal