collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: what would you do? Pic added!  (Read 1204 times)

Offline nhal039

• Trade Count: (+171)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: what would you do? Pic added!
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2014, 02:16:39 AM »
oh wow, thats alot of spots :/ Personally I would return it that's a big flaw not to mention. Also bubbles I don't believe is as prone to cancer as other ponies, I would say the breakdown of the plastic is happening cause of her being moc and i would think it would get worse in time to answer your question

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2014, 04:25:36 AM »
Oh, that makes it even MORE painful as I've wanted a MOC Seashell and Bubbles forever! Poor thing...but yeah, those spots are obvious even to the most casual observer. I'd return her and hold out for one in better condition. Hopefully AJ is far more minty than this one!
Oh, and yeah, I've seen quite a few Bubbles' with the brown spotting since I have an army of them, so keep and eye and definately ask questions :)
« Last Edit: September 22, 2014, 04:27:29 AM by SeashellnBubbles »

Offline Miss Violet

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Takara ponies wanted!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2014, 03:30:26 PM »
wow that's quite a bad cancer case !!! :lookround:
i would ask a refund and return the item like yesterday!!!!!!!
bummer! but hey! i am sure you will get another one soon! :)
Takara ponies wanted!i have Milky and Pinky looking for the other ones! Takara outfits and accessories too!

open for ART COMMISSIONS!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline teacher316

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2014, 05:40:55 PM »
Thanks for your help everyone. I think I will return it for a refund. It would have been awesome if it were in good condition as bubbles doesn't show up MOC very often. I would like to explain it to her as she did say she didn't know why it would have brown spots since it was in a box for years. What's the best way to explain?
Also, I did receive my other item today, a MIB flutter and it was okay so at least I got one nice pony.  :satisfied:

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2014, 06:21:10 PM »
That's a shame. She looked like a dream in that auction, I saw it ended (wanted to see what other ponies she had sold) and was like omg that person is lucky. I'm sorry it worked out like that and she's not what you thought. :(

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

Offline buddyboymama

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2014, 10:57:09 PM »
Thanks for your help everyone. I think I will return it for a refund. It would have been awesome if it were in good condition as bubbles doesn't show up MOC very often. I would like to explain it to her as she did say she didn't know why it would have brown spots since it was in a box for years. What's the best way to explain?
Also, I did receive my other item today, a MIB flutter and it was okay so at least I got one nice pony.  :satisfied:

Don't use the word cancer. I have heard of non-collectors getting very upset by the use of the word to describe spots on plastic ponies. Maybe just tell her the brown spots are caused by the breaking down of the plastic, and there is no way to fix them. And that if you return it and she wants to re-sell it, she should mention the brown spots.

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2014, 02:22:51 AM »
Don't use the word cancer. I have heard of non-collectors getting very upset by the use of the word to describe spots on plastic ponies. Maybe just tell her the brown spots are caused by the breaking down of the plastic, and there is no way to fix them. And that if you return it and she wants to re-sell it, she should mention the brown spots.

I agree, it's a term that is not taken lightly by some outside the community.

I think you are doing the right thing by returning her. The spots are really bad  :( Plus you will never be fully happy with her. 
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal