collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: what would you do? Pic added!  (Read 1205 times)

Offline teacher316

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
what would you do? Pic added!
« on: September 20, 2014, 03:25:33 PM »
I just bought a moc pony from someone on ebay. I could see from the picture that the pony points were cut off and that was fine. I realized she was probably not completely sealed on the bottom of the card. That's okay with me. However, the pony itself has light brown marks which are probably cancer. I could not see the brown spots in the pictures and the seller did not mention them.
Just wondering what you guys would do? Should I ask for a partial refund? Also, will her cancer spread if she's inside her plastic bubble?
« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 07:27:03 PM by teacher316 »

Offline Miss Violet

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Takara ponies wanted!
    • View Profile
Re: what would you do?
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2014, 03:57:14 PM »
could you post a pic ? and a close up on the spots?
Takara ponies wanted!i have Milky and Pinky looking for the other ones! Takara outfits and accessories too!

open for ART COMMISSIONS!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2014, 04:21:50 PM »
If it were something that would have caused me to not buy the pony had I known about the spots, then I'd definately get ahold of the seller and tell them you're not happy with your purchase. Take photos of the pony (with the points cut out so they know it's the same MOC pony they sent you and not a switcheroo) and point out the spots to them. It may be an honest mistake...I see things on ponies now that I never noticed when I first started collecting! Write to them politely and hopefully they'll be polite back.
Showing us pics or telling us what pony it is could definately help us tell you if it's cancer or not. Some ponies are just more prone than others, and it isn't a matter of "spreading"...it's plastic breaking down due to age and impurities is all :)

Offline teacher316

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2014, 04:40:11 PM »
Thanks for your help Miss Violet and seashellnbubbles. I took pics and I will post them tonight. I did email the seller and she is new to ebay. She did not see the brown marks and apologized. I asked for a partial refund but she said she wasn't comfortable with that. I think she said that as she's new and doesn't understand how to do it. She seemed very sincere and apologetic about what happened. That helps but I'm still not sure what I want to do.
After I get pics up, I'd love to hear more thoughts/suggestions...

Offline Miss Violet

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Takara ponies wanted!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2014, 04:43:27 PM »
o fcourse! if you are not happy with your purchase after all you can open a case and get a fully refund.
let's see the pictures first! :)
Takara ponies wanted!i have Milky and Pinky looking for the other ones! Takara outfits and accessories too!

open for ART COMMISSIONS!

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2014, 05:25:15 PM »
How disappointing :(   if she is new then I can see how she may have missed something or not be sure how to handle things from here but at least she is responding. I think you're probably going to have to send it back for a full refund if you arent happy with condition and it isnt as described though- especially if the seller is refusing to do a partial... unless you would still rather keep the pony as it is? was it worth what you paid in that condition?
Can you post the link to the auction and then pics of the pony you have? that will definitely make it easier to advise you what to do next :hug:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline teacher316

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2014, 05:35:33 PM »
I forgot to mention that she said she would give me a full refund. She was not comfortable giving me a partial refund which seems strange. I would think she'd like to make some money rather than nothing.

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2014, 05:42:17 PM »
I'm having troubles with this seller as well. I know the pony you're talking about because I saw it and kind of wanted it but the box was a bit too messed up for me. I'm sorry to hear she has cancer. :(

Mine's just an issue of rudeness.

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2014, 05:47:40 PM »
I forgot to mention that she said she would give me a full refund. She was not comfortable giving me a partial refund which seems strange. I would think she'd like to make some money rather than nothing.
It's actually not strange. In Ebays rules a seller gives a full refund for returned items not as described. A seller doesn't have to give a partial refund. That's up to an individual sellers policies. They are technically following the rules. I would just send it back for a full refund since it's not what you expected.
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline MiRaja

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://lilmissroadrage.livejournal.com
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2014, 06:25:28 PM »
It's actually not strange. In Ebays rules a seller gives a full refund for returned items not as described. A seller doesn't have to give a partial refund. That's up to an individual sellers policies. They are technically following the rules. I would just send it back for a full refund since it's not what you expected.

Exactly.  As a seller, I just don't do partial refunds.  I feel it's something that is so easily abused.  It's so easy to say, "I'm not happy, I want my item for less now," which is NOT what I'm saying you're doing, but it probably be happier for both parties for a full refund?  She's got cancer, and that's obviously something you're not happy with.  If you're not happy with her in your collection, better to let the seller resell her.

Offline ponycake

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2014, 06:39:05 PM »
Meh, there's nothing wrong with partial refunds either if proof is given of whatever is wrong. Whenever I have a problem with an item I buy and I send photos of the fault the seller most often offers a partial refund because I say I wouldn't have paid as much for this item if I knew it was damaged in this way. And it's true. They wouldn't get as much money for it if the flaw was shown, the flaw docks the price some. I like that most sellers are willing to do that but if not I get that too. I'll send it back and buy what I thought I was buying in the first place.

The seller probably just thinks she can get the same amount even if she shows the flaw, I guess.

Offline NovelNerd

• Zombie Pony
  • Trade Count: (+148)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • A dream within a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2014, 06:57:50 PM »
Maybe it's just me, but it seems kinda odd to sort of try and guess a sellers motives when you don't really know. :huh: Anyway, I'm not starting an argument, I just wanted to point out that it's not strange for a seller to not want to do a partial refund. Like MiRaja I don't do partials either. I've had people want to return items to me that are not the item I sent them, so I just don't do partials. I've done it for a few friends in like personal selling, but I don't do it over Ebay ever. I don't think there is anything wrong with a seller being cautious and preferring to follow the rules. In all honesty the few times I've had a return, and paid for the return shipping and then had to resell I've actually lost money, even if the item sold for more later. It's just preference for the seller. At least this seller isn't being difficult and having a fit or saying something like "no refunds!". He/she seems to have been willing to admit they made a mistake and will fix it according to the policies Ebay states. Seems pretty cut and dry to me and just comes down to how much the OP wants to keep the item or not. Hope it all works out.
Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Formerly Maddie

Offline ponycake

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2014, 07:20:48 PM »
Maybe it's just me, but it seems kinda odd to sort of try and guess a sellers motives when you don't really know. :huh: Anyway, I'm not starting an argument, I just wanted to point out that it's not strange for a seller to not want to do a partial refund. Like MiRaja I don't do partials either. I've had people want to return items to me that are not the item I sent them, so I just don't do partials. I've done it for a few friends in like personal selling, but I don't do it over Ebay ever. I don't think there is anything wrong with a seller being cautious and preferring to follow the rules. In all honesty the few times I've had a return, and paid for the return shipping and then had to resell I've actually lost money, even if the item sold for more later. It's just preference for the seller. At least this seller isn't being difficult and having a fit or saying something like "no refunds!". He/she seems to have been willing to admit they made a mistake and will fix it according to the policies Ebay states. Seems pretty cut and dry to me and just comes down to how much the OP wants to keep the item or not. Hope it all works out.

I know the auction in question and it was a BIN. I assumed she'd relist as the same price BIN but with the flaw shown. It's a decentish price for the pony honestly. Someone might still want it at that price even with the flaws as they are, and if she needs the money I can see why she'd try for that instead of knocking off the price. I was not guessing she had a bad motive in mind, I was thinking of what I knew of the auction and responding to the OP's concern and finding it odd. Nothing odd in responding to 'that seems odd' with a possible explanation...

Offline teacher316

• Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2014, 07:26:10 PM »
Thank you for your thoughts everyone. I did purchase a MIB from her too which should arrive tomorrow. I'm hoping it's in good condition so we'll see. Here's the pics. You may have to tilt your head to see the brown spots as they are hard to see when you're looking straight on. Let me know what you think.

Offline ponycake

• G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2014, 07:28:10 PM »
Oh I figured it was the Applejack one, this Bubbles looked really nice in the auction pictures. I'd definitely be upset too! Do you think you're going to return for the full refund then? A bubbles moc sold a few months ago for $95+shipping but her card was a bit yellowed. Not sure how much the cancer? spots would dock the price.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 07:32:29 PM by ponycake »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal