collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Hot Topic Phasing Out MLP in stores?  (Read 2103 times)

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
Re: Hot Topic Phasing Out MLP in stores?
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2014, 10:55:45 AM »
I had an employee of a different store that used to sell pony stuff tell me they aren't carrying it anymore because the brony phase was over.  I didn't know it was? 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I wouldnt say it's over, but i do think the whole brony popularity boom has died down compared to a year ago.
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

CottonTALE

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2014, 11:04:55 AM »
I'll have to agree with the brony-market has settled down in comparison to a year ago. Most bronies I know have moved on to the next big thing (Frozen being one of them.) Mind you, I'm not a brony so I wouldn't really know.

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2014, 11:28:43 AM »
I'll have to agree with the brony-market has settled down in comparison to a year ago. Most bronies I know have moved on to the next big thing (Frozen being one of them.) Mind you, I'm not a brony so I wouldn't really know.
I can imagine that happening. I know that with every thing that becomes mega popular, you will have some people who like it just because it's the cool/edgy/popular/hip thing to do. Especially with teenagers. And when it is no longer popular, they basically move on to the next cool/edgy/hip thing.
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

Offline HoustonCollector72

• Aquarius Pony Power
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • G2 Ponies Rock :)
    • View Profile
    • my collection
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2014, 11:37:26 AM »
I visited 2 different ones recently, one had no MLP at all, and the other one was heavy on previous Funko Vinyl , AJ/BM/PTS/Trixie
GAMELOFT ID: balto72  Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/2241pmth
Collection Page on FB https://www.facebook.com/BALTO72    Instagram http://instagram.com/balto8a     
Wanted G2 Mocs wanted list http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,328049.0.html

Offline MintamenaPie

• Trade Count: (+102)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • http://sailorangei.livejournal.com/
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2014, 11:54:01 AM »
because the brony phase was over.  I didn't know it was? 

It's not! They sit on a throne of lies! XD

They might have meant the current marketing phase was over but I just don't see them actually phasing this out. It's still a huge seller because they still have exclusive items coming out such as the Funkos and comic book covers.

The vinyl records just arrived as Hot Topic exclusives as well.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Art by SpottedSlug and MustBeJewel.

Previously known as Steves_Minty.

Offline zombienixon

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Pink Pony Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2014, 12:15:08 PM »
I can imagine that happening. I know that with every thing that becomes mega popular, you will have some people who like it just because it's the cool/edgy/popular/hip thing to do. Especially with teenagers. And when it is no longer popular, they basically move on to the next cool/edgy/hip thing.

I'm not so sure about that, but I'm not around many high-school age teens.  It's just hard for me to fathom MLP as cool or hip, as much as I love it. 

I haven't really noticed much of a decline, myself. Of course, I've only seen maybe three people out in public wearing/looking for pony merch.  I know of one person in the brony group I'm in who became disinterested, but he still pops up from time to time. There were also one or two who just up and quit when Twilight became a princess. (Although having people who get that upset over a cartoon leave the fandom doesn't bother me at all)

It is kind of sad though, more teen/adult MLP fans means a better business case for merchandise aimed toward our age group.

FluttershyMama

« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2014, 07:29:16 PM »
I've noticed that as well. I do love the Disney stuff they have! But I'd really like MLP merch.

Offline Violet CLM

• Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Sunset Shimmer did nothing wrong
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2014, 10:45:00 PM »
Isn't Hot Topic traditionally much more expensive wrt/ MLP stuff than other stores? Maybe people noticed and went elsewhere.

AJLareneg

« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2014, 02:53:53 PM »
I think it's because they rotate merchandise. If they kept the same stock all the time people would stop going because the items would get stale. That happens with most retail stores, but especially smaller ones like hot topic (my local store is really really small haha)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal