collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: What does 'security' make you think of?  (Read 648 times)

Offline QueenNatalie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
  • /insert edgy song lyric here/
    • View Profile
What does 'security' make you think of?
« on: September 15, 2014, 05:20:28 PM »
Okay, so, first of all I feel kind of bad exploiting you all, but I'm trying to gather information for an essay for my composition class. Basically, the question is, "What does the word 'security' make you think of? Can you give some examples?" and also "How would you define a 'comfort zone?'" So if you can answer that and don't mind being quoted anonymously in my essay, I would really appreciate your help.... :blush:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline mlp4me

• Nanu Nanu Orkan Pony
  • Trade Count: (+111)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • A Happy Pony Day To You!
    • View Profile
Re: What does 'security' make you think of?
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2014, 06:00:30 PM »
In my world of working for a facilities office for a school district I think of: access badges, locked doors, cameras, and metal detectors. I find that the word means an invasion of privacy versus its real meaning which is to protect.

G4 customs 4 sale
     Wants: Jamie Dornanvisitors can't see pics , please register or login
Hey, a girl can dream, right?

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2014, 07:46:00 PM »
Cameras! Sorry that was my first thought. Not sure how useful that is though....

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline aluke

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2014, 08:52:45 PM »
My first thought was iron bars, electric wires, police in black uniforms, and  things like that. However, not with a mood of actual safety, more of a distopian environment where security comes at the cost of freedom (I think I subconsciously have 1984 on the brain). Though, then I thought of a mother holding her newborn child, with a much more serene feel. I guess I just don't think security is necessarily a positive thing, but it can be with the right intentions.

My interpretation of a comfort zone is a state of happiness and security (uhh, when considering security previously, I was thinking in a more social sense, but now I'm referring to it in a psychological state of mind). Everything is bliss, stress-free, and you're able to function optimistically.

My mind is too convoluted at the moment so I'm not sure if I've helped at all, sorry. :nuts: Best of luck with your essay.

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2014, 12:07:55 AM »
Security makes me think of passwords.

In the sense it's probably meant, I think of safety from harm and feeling at ease with the things in my life like my job or my significant other. Security is feeling I'm not at risk of losing those things.

I would explain comfort zone as being the acceptable range of comfort one can easily deal with without extra feelings of stress or fear or doubt that comes with leaving that range of comfort.

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2014, 01:06:25 AM »
Security makes me think of selfprotection. Wether it be passwords on the computer or keeping keys between fingers when walking home at night.

Comfort zone for me is my private zone where I feel safe, that surrounds me and who none should enter without permission.

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2014, 09:38:28 AM »
Well, first thing that comes to mind are security guards, bouncers, police, EMS, first responders.  Second thing that comes to mind are the special government agencies. CSIS, homeland security, FBI...god I know the UK based one but its eluding me at the moment--you know, the people you do NOT want to run into. Third thing that comes to mind are hackers or people that try to bend the law to get away with something.

A comfort zone is a personal space where nothing is intruding on my 'bubble'.  It might also be if certain people who are trained in the above classes or people you now well are around you. Atleast, that's what my first reaction to 'comfort zone' is :)

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline Eternia

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • MOC Mimic
  • The girliest
    • View Profile
    • Oat Couture
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2014, 10:15:39 AM »
Security to me means being safe. I lived in the ghetto for a year and it was terrifying! there were times I did not feel safe at all. Now I live in a suburban neighborhood in a big house with three big dogs and feel much safer! lol Security can be applied to lots of different aspects of life: job security, home security, internet security.
My Wantlist! Connect with me! Facebook Tumblr Flickr Instagram=oatcouturepony & charmingplastics
No girly swap this year!

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2014, 10:38:31 AM »
I thought of a giant vault.   :P

Comfort zone to me means a peaceful atmosphere without feeling like something bad is about to happen.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 10:41:26 AM by brightberry »
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline QueenNatalie

• Sweet Kisses Pony
  • /insert edgy song lyric here/
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2014, 10:41:07 AM »
Thanks so much, guys!! These will help a lot for my essay. I knew I could count on you guys!!!  :grouphug:

Cumberbatch2012

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2014, 11:37:55 AM »
Security makes me think of two things, security like "security guard," i.e. keeping people safe, and things like job security, financial security, etc.  A comfort zone is when you get stuck in a rut and you're afraid to make a change.  It would be like when you're working one position at your job and you get so used to it you're scared to try anything else.  Another example would be something like a bad relationship.  You could be treated absolutely horribly, but you're stuck in a comfort zone, so you're afraid to break up with the person and move on.  Comfort zones can apply to anything. 

Offline little.fox

• Trade Count: (+84)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • The Little Red Fox
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2014, 11:54:30 AM »
"Security" makes me think of a security guard.

"Comfort Zone" makes me think of my home, in particular my dark cozy bedroom.

Offline Wrenniepooh

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Wrens Nest Creations
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2014, 08:02:19 PM »
First thing that came to mind: the image of a backstage staff person calling for security to remove an unauthorized person from a restricted area.  The movie cliche of a person with a clipboard shouting, "Security!" after the other person gives their lame excuse for being backstage where they shouldn't be.

Comfort zone: something you are completely relaxed with/used to.  A familiar space, food, or task that is so familiar you feel no trepidation about it.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2014, 08:08:12 PM by Wrenniepooh »

Offline DaffyDilly

• Daffy loves mints
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+85)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2014, 11:23:29 AM »
I thought of being financially secure. I'm certainly not and trying to work out how to deal with a few things at the moment. In an ideal world I would be debt free (although I will settle for consumer debt free) and have some money in savings to tide me over for several months.

In terms of a comfort zone; this would for me be where I am confident in my abilities and where I am in control. I can stand to be out of control to an extent, but only if I am trusting of the people/factors that are in control; I need some predictability there.

Offline kellyponyfeathers

• Trade Count: (+179)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • MLP: Gotta catch 'em all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2014, 01:09:08 AM »
Job security is the first thing to come to my mind.
Nirvana grails:  Reverse Gusty (upgrade), Peru Windy and Moonstone (upgrade), Brazil TAF upgrades, Argie Powder w/ white hair (upgrade), French Windy and Moondancer (upgrades), Spain TAF's, TE's, and piggies.  These are my biggest wants, but I'm looking for tons more nirvanas, especially Greeks, Brazilians, and Peruvians.  Feel free to PM me for sales or trades.  But please note that I'm also fairly picky.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal