collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Show me G1 Princess Ponies' damsel hats & accessories, please! :)  (Read 325 times)

sunshine29102

• Trade Count: (0)
Show me G1 Princess Ponies' damsel hats & accessories, please! :)
« on: September 14, 2014, 04:28:24 PM »
As some of you may know, I lost all but one of my childhood ponies to a house fire when I was a teenager. The only pony survivor (out of hundreds of my childhood ponies and other 80s toys) was Princess Serena (aka Princess Aquamarine). So, she holds a special place in my heart and in my collection.

I have been working on a G1 to G4 version of her, complete with 3-d jeweled symbols. She's almost all done, except for hair -- and I'm waiting on dollyhair to restock golden goddess so I can continue her progress and get her on my shelf, along with her vintage counterpart.

Since it appears it will be October before dollyhair restocks Golden Goddess (and that's IF it's a restock color), I now have time to work on some accessories for her.

I'm thinking about sculpting her a damsel hat, and possibly a wand, too.  Can anyone show me some close up shots of the damsel hats, along with any other accessories?  Any princess ponies' accessories will do, as I can paint the hat to match Serena's, I only need to see a close up or two of the details for sculpting.

Thanks so much, y'all!

Offline Nekoi

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Show me G1 Princess Ponies' damsel hats & accessories, please! :)
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2014, 12:37:24 PM »
Hi!

I'm sorry to hear that you lost all of your childhood ponies but one, and I understand that she holds a special place in your heart.
It's already late here (or late for me, as I get up at 5:30 am) but I'll try to take some pictures for you as soon as possible (someone might beat me to it). I have Princess Sapphires damsel hat, and Princess Aquamarine's dark purple star wand :)
Isn't the world a lovely place? ~ Everywhere you go, a smiling face!

Offline Ember1

• Trade Count: (+81)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2014, 01:19:45 PM »
He's a prince from mexico and I made his accessories. Don't have any princesses to show. 
Maybe he will give some inspiration?
Sorry I can't help further.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Andre's Sunsparkler Hybrid Proto
"Love is the only truly immortal thing in this world, and if we can learn to love
unconditionally, than it is possible to break down the barriers of death itself."

sunshine29102

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2014, 01:27:59 PM »
Thanks to both of you! :) I love that prince!, Ember! His color is fantastic.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2014, 03:54:47 PM »
Oh I dont have any first set princesses with their photos taken unfortunately however I am sure people will be along with some shiny shiny princess pictures soon :) Cant wait to see them.

I am so sorry you lost your childhood collection. * hug*
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline QueenStarglow

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • The Glow 'N Show Queen
    • View Profile
    • The Glow 'N Show Stables
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2014, 05:25:38 PM »
I am so sorry to hear about your loss... That is one of my greatest fears. I can't imagine your heartbreak.

I only have two princesses with accessories, but here you go! <3

My Little Pony Blog: http://glownshowpony.tumblr.com | The Glow 'N Show Stables: http://glownshowpony.weebly.com
GnS Stables Sale thread G1-G4: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,378506.0.html
MLP:FiM Gameloft friend code: f52c0

Offline StrawberryScoops

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2014, 05:51:45 PM »
I can never manage to post pictures on the forums, but I know My Little Wiki has some pictures of the accessories with the ponies. Maybe it would help a little?  I'm sorry to hear you lost your ponies. I hope your accessory sculpting works out very well!

sunshine29102

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2014, 06:19:07 AM »
I can never manage to post pictures on the forums, but I know My Little Wiki has some pictures of the accessories with the ponies. Maybe it would help a little?  I'm sorry to hear you lost your ponies. I hope your accessory sculpting works out very well!
Thanks! I checked there, and just wanted a second opinion to be "accurate" with the color and design. :D

I am so sorry to hear about your loss... That is one of my greatest fears. I can't imagine your heartbreak.

I only have two princesses with accessories, but here you go! <3

Aw, thank you for sharing your kind words and pretty pictures! :) It was a long long time ago, and I was 14 so they were all boxed up in my closet upstairs, so the smoke damage and melting was pretty bad.  But it's ok, I rediscovered my love of G1 thru the G4 fashion style ponies (they reminded me of G1, surprisingly), and have been collecting/recollecting ever since.  :D

Oh I dont have any first set princesses with their photos taken unfortunately however I am sure people will be along with some shiny shiny princess pictures soon :) Cant wait to see them.

I am so sorry you lost your childhood collection. * hug*
Thank you! :D

Hi!

I'm sorry to hear that you lost all of your childhood ponies but one, and I understand that she holds a special place in your heart.
It's already late here (or late for me, as I get up at 5:30 am) but I'll try to take some pictures for you as soon as possible (someone might beat me to it). I have Princess Sapphires damsel hat, and Princess Aquamarine's dark purple star wand :)

Thank you, Nekoi! :D

So, it looks like Serena's hat (the US version) is an aqua color with a pink ribbon trimmed in gold.  But are the glittered symbols the same on all the hats? (I would think they are, just can't tell).  Also, what are they? Looks like a pattern maybe -- teardrop, heart... ???

Thanks again for all the replies/help with this project! :)

Offline Nekoi

• View Profile

Offline Nekoi

• View Profile
Re: Show me G1 Princess Ponies' damsel hats &amp; accessories, please! :)
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2014, 09:28:33 PM »
I'm glad they helped! Good luck!! :D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal