collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Bad eBay seller rant  (Read 1257 times)

Offline 01mlplover

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
Bad eBay seller rant
« on: September 11, 2014, 08:14:21 PM »
This isn't exactly pony related but for anyone else who does clothes shopping on eBay stear clear of this member: nononer22. I had to open a case with them after receiving capris instead of sweatpants after finally getting my package 2 weeks after it was suppose to be here.

Then she goes to eBay herself and gets the case closed that I opened so I had to call eBay myself to get my refund and waited 1 hour and 20 mins on hold. Then I went and left negative feedback. No cursing just said how they wouldn't reply and had to go call eBay to get my money back and she went and obviously called them again because they took my feedback down.

So come tomarro I'm calling eBay back again. I'm so ticked off i can't even describe on here. Now I don't even have the option to leave feedback and she's sitting there with perfect feedback that no one will ever know the crap she's pulled.   

Does anyone know if this is some kind of policy with eBay and not being able to leave a negative just because I got my money back finally?  I've left negatives before and they didn't get removed so I swear she called them after I did.

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: Bad eBay seller rant
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2014, 01:35:55 AM »
It is not an easy thing for a seller to get FB removed by calling in.  Somehow, someway they found some type of policy issue. Without knowing exactly how your FB read, it is hard to try and figure out with any accuracy why it was removed though.

That doesn't mean the seller was right and as a seller I am sincerely sorry you were treated this way.  It just should not have happened.  You should have received what you ordered  :huh:

As far as your case, the only way it could have been closed on her end is if she replied to the case and stated she would accept a return or if she went ahead and automatically refunded you. I see you say though that you had to call eBay to get your refund so I am really not sure? Did she reply to the case at all?
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2014, 03:52:34 AM »
:crazy: *is confused*  wow something sounds really off here. She shouldnt be able to close the case without refunding you since she was the one who was in the wrong (ie - sent you wrong item) , and you shouldnt have to call ebay to get your refund if the case closed in your favour(which it should have been if it ran its course and ebay had to take action, or unless the seller had refunded you). Also you should still be able to leave negative feedback even if you have a case closed and you get a refund  (unless somehow you worded it so that it seemed to go against ebay policy? do you remember what you originally wrote as the comments for the negative feedback?)
I'm so sorry to hear how this seller has messed you about and that you're still having issues  :hug:  . Please let us know what ebay say when you call them again. It does sound like something has gone very wrong with this :(

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline 01mlplover

• So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2014, 04:31:36 AM »
She never replied to me at all and when I asked ebay about it they said sellers have the option to contact customer support earlier then buyers. This is the message i got from ebay yesterday:

Hi 01mlplover,

eBay Customer Support has reviewed the case and made a final decision. We've considered the case carefully and decided not to issue you a refund. We're sorry this didn't work out.

Decision:
This case has been decided in the seller's favor.

Comments:
We've determined that the seller has described the item accurately. Unfortunately, eBay Buyer Protection only covers items received if there was something wrong with them.

When i called ebay the girl i talked to was really nice and she even said that she didn't understand why someone would've ruled in her favor and they were wrong so she issued my refund right away.

As for my feedback I said "had to call customer support to get my refund and seller never replied to me". Doesn't seem like a good enough reason to get it removed as far as im concerned. Im still ticked i waited over an hour just to get a refund and then they remove my feedback. Its as though i cant win on this case and as "smart" as the seller seems i almost think they had a different account before that got shut down because for only having 32 feedback she sure seems to know what shes doing.

Edit* This is also the message i got from ebay after calling them. Note the comments part of it:

Hi 01mlplover,

We have decided to issue you a courtesy refund for this case on Sep 11, 2014 to the PayPal account you used to purchase this item. The refund includes the purchase price plus original shipping. Please log in to PayPal to get your refund.

This case is now closed, but you can view the details of the case in the Resolution Center.

Comments:
We're sorry you had a problem with your purchase. After further review, we confirmed that we made an error when we closed the case.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2014, 04:38:01 AM by 01mlplover »

Offline Attercop

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Brush N Grow Pony
    • View Profile
    • ~Art~
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2014, 07:50:56 AM »
This may sound a little paranoid but I would bet my entire collection she personally knows someone at ebay customer support who does this stuff for her. Either that or she knows the representative that will just do anything to get you off the phone and happy.
~Originally Soull~

Offline otocolobus_manul

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Hope shines eternal
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2014, 11:30:56 AM »
This may sound a little paranoid but I would bet my entire collection she personally knows someone at ebay customer support who does this stuff for her. Either that or she knows the representative that will just do anything to get you off the phone and happy.
Same : \ something sounds extremely off about the whole thing. How reassuring to know ebay has corruption like this. Though I suppose it isn't much of a surprise.
looking for this Calico Critters/Sylvanian Families coat rack!
New sales/trade thread: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,378291.0.html
Wishlist: http://mlparena.com/index.php/topic,360893.msg1319821.html#msg1319821

Offline goddessofpeep

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2014, 03:02:26 PM »
About the feedback:

Way back in the day ebay used to have policies that would allow feedback to be removed when the feedback met some extremely limited criteria.  Now, I don't know if all the policies are still in place, but it is a lot easier than it used to be to get feedback removed, so I'm assuming they just added onto the list of situations where feedback could be removed.  There used to be a policy that stated that if a person left a feedback that included some reference to an investigation(on or off ebay) or some official actions by ebay that the feedback would be removed.  Things like "ebay is investigating this seller", or "the police are looking into this seller for fraud". That kind of thing would get a feedback removed quick.  If there is a legitimate reason for the feedback removal, I'm betting it's your reference to contacting ebay to get a refund.  I don't know if that's the reason, but if that old policy is in effect, it could be stretched to cover your feedback if your seller is particularly familiar with the system.

As for why you got your refund denied, I couldn't say.  Maybe there is some kind of corruption going on, maybe you submitted something wrong, or maybe you just got really unlucky.

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2014, 03:11:07 PM »
Call back and raiseeee heck, explain it all to them how she keeps getting it reversed. You SHOULD have a refund for the wrong item and you SHOULD be able to leave negative feedback. They need to leave a note on the account to the next employee to not reverse it again. How horrible!

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

Offline ClosetAvalanche

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2014, 09:37:22 PM »
You cannot mention opening a case or persuing a case in feedback, that was probably why it was removed.

Gloomygirl777

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2014, 09:54:23 PM »
You cannot mention opening a case or persuing a case in feedback, that was probably why it was removed.
If this is the case...I really hope you will be able to call Ebay and be able to re post different negative feedback?? I hate to hear about shady ebayers.....sellers or buyers. And buyers deserve to see ALL of sellers feedback. I will be sure to keep that name in my memory though!!! I hope it works out for you.  ;)

Offline 01mlplover

• So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2014, 11:21:08 PM »
When i called back I was told that when a case rules in your favor you can't leave negative feedback but I have don't it several times before. I could barely understand the lady of I would've done some arguing with her. She told me that she would put a mark on her account to be watched for suspicious activity but I wonder if I was only told that to satisfy me.

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2014, 04:16:43 AM »
??!! :blink:  of course you should be able to leave negative feedback for a dodgy selller-  the fact that you had to open a case at all and Ebay give you the money back makes it worthy of a neg. I know they are introducing some new stuff to protect sellers better but I think you should still be able to neg the seller if they mess up , scam you or whatever and refuse to refund you.

Side point but where is ebay customer services based these days? I guess some research might tell me.. its just that a few times when I had issues with a scammer earlier this year and I talked to someone on the phone I could hardly understand them (or them me)  either :drunk:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal