collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: PC on Star Surprise plush basket?  (Read 275 times)

Offline MintyMyndi

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
PC on Star Surprise plush basket?
« on: August 31, 2014, 12:07:09 PM »
I hit a thrift store last week, and found nothing in the toy bin. There are a few things that have been in there since I started going there. I'm pretty sure my hairless McD's Sparkleworks would've been there if I didn't pick her up. I'm pretty used to finding only one pony if any, but while waiting for my mother and my sister to do whatever they were doing, I spotted the basket behind the counter. I asked them if it was for sale, and took it home for about $1.50. She's in pretty sorry-looking condition, but she seems like she'll clean up nice. The plastic part is all dented and misshapen, making it hard to tell it's supposed to be round. There's a break in the plastic in the handle, making it flop however it pleases. The plush is still attached pretty well and is generally pretty clean, but needs a gentle surface cleaning. There is a small snag in each nostril; other embroidered areas are fine. The hair needs a brush and condition, but isn't too frizzy/damaged. The entire thing is pretty dingy, with a couple minor stains here and there. I might get a picture. I've skipped over this on every list of plushies I've been through and have never seen a picture, so I was wondering how much it was worth. I also want to know exactly how to go about cleaning and fixing it. It's a nice basket with cute fabric and I'd love to see it look nice again!
Here's my ACNH creator code. I thought I might share it, since I have quite a few pony designs.
MA-2882-9995-3504

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
Re: PC on Star Surprise plush basket?
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2014, 02:30:48 PM »
Oh those baskets are cute and they can be popular as well. I would just go with a surface sponge wash or baby wipe wash - it should get rid of most issues without causing any issues. As for price $8ish assuming you get the right person looking. Sometimes G3 merch or plush can take its time to sell unfortunately.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline MintyMyndi

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
Re: PC on Star Surprise plush basket?
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2014, 01:59:13 PM »
Thanks a lot!
Here's my ACNH creator code. I thought I might share it, since I have quite a few pony designs.
MA-2882-9995-3504

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal