collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: I have officially been scammed - please help!  (Read 1388 times)

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
Re: Parcelforce 48 Question?
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2014, 03:51:27 AM »
Thank youfor posting the info on doing a chargeback Cat :bigups:
I'm so sorry though xTicTacToex - I was hoping it was just a postage issue not another scammer :sad:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline xTic_Tac_Toex

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Parcelforce 48 Question?
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2014, 07:13:26 AM »
Ahhh guys, this is the most stressful thing ever :( So a couple of days ago I got an email from Gumtree, saying '   
You replied to the ad "My little ponies collection of 48 (Ad ref 1078140221)" on Saturday 23/08. It has been flagged/reported that the user who posted that ad may be involved in suspicious activity and/or in breaching the Gumtree Terms of Use...'

I never emailed Gumtree saying I was worried, so I guess he must have scammed someone else and they alerted them. Gumtree have been in contact since, and although this is all going to be filed as a crime report, apparently there's no way they can get my money back. With P&P, it was £62. For anyone that's a lot of money, but I'm a poor student, so all the worse for me!

The thing is, I know he had the ponies. The photos were very legit - I'm wondering if he got loads of messages from people (because I'm sure there'd be a lot of interest in 48 G1s for only £50) and thought he'd take advantage of 'selling' them to more than one person. It makes me sick!

Does anyone know good methods of finding phone numbers? I have some information about him such as his full name, account number, sort code and the first half of the post code. If I can just get his contact number maybe I could at least try to talk to him. A lot of the time these people are cowards, so maybe the threat of legal action would get me my money back. Any advice is really appreciated. I've never been scammed before and did not see it coming at all. Stressing me out a great deal :(

Offline icecreamgirl

• Trade Count: (+140)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
Re: I have officially been scammed - please help!
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2014, 12:34:31 PM »
This is so awful, I am sorry that it has happened to you ~ hope you manage to get your money back x x x
Thanks to lunar_scythe & kittywhiskers for my adoptables

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2014, 12:59:43 PM »
At this point I would not try and engage with this person. He or she has committed an act of fraud something which is punishable by the law. And it sounds like Gumtree will be reporting it as a crime. To try and contact the seller now may simply cause problems in any investigation.

Go through the Gumtree process and ask them if you need to report this as a crime as well or if they are reporting the issue on your behalf. Ask them for a crime number and if they are unable to provide one, then go ahead and report it anyway.

Meanwhile speak to your bank and explain the situation - you may need the crime number as well as the Gumtree details to start a charge back process.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Sebby6

• Maid of Metal \m/
  • Trade Count: (+151)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://sebby6.darc.net
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2014, 02:50:45 AM »
You have his sort code and account number? I think a monthly direct debit of £500 to Greenpeace is in order :)

On a more serious note - you have been given good advice. Start with your bank and if no luck maybe police or citizens advice. The only problem is they might consider the amount too low to do anything about, but I wouldn't let it go just yet.

Always looking for MLP erasers

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2014, 05:23:37 AM »
At this point I would not try and engage with this person. He or she has committed an act of fraud something which is punishable by the law. And it sounds like Gumtree will be reporting it as a crime. To try and contact the seller now may simply cause problems in any investigation.

Go through the Gumtree process and ask them if you need to report this as a crime as well or if they are reporting the issue on your behalf. Ask them for a crime number and if they are unable to provide one, then go ahead and report it anyway.

Meanwhile speak to your bank and explain the situation - you may need the crime number as well as the Gumtree details to start a charge back process.

This is what i would do too  ^^  (thanks again Cat) I wouldnt try and talk to the scammer - it could only makes things worse. There should be a way of getting your money back though  :hug:

You have his sort code and account number? I think a monthly direct debit of £500 to Greenpeace is in order :)

:lmao:  if only this could happen to all scammers

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal