collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Mug Swap 2014 ~ All shipped! All arrived!  (Read 27028 times)

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
Re: Mug Swap 2014 ~ Sign-ups OPEN!
« Reply #60 on: August 26, 2014, 08:03:08 PM »
Is that something you'd be interested in as an extra?
(can i translate this to pony items?) xD Im not interested in pony related extras sorry. :)

I just got back from a baseball game, Iv never been to one, and I honestly dont really love baseball, but it was fun, went with my mom and son and they had lots of fun!
:heart: My Sales Thread :heart:
Toola Roola Avatar by Pikashoes!

Offline tikibirds

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • The more people I meet, the more I like my dog!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 26, 2014, 10:04:39 PM »
So my mom texted me today saying she found the 2015 pony calendar at the dollar tree today.

Sure
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Follow me in Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/midnight_fox_fire/

Offline Alexia

• Trade Count: (+120)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://easternsunsetcreations.webs.com/
« Reply #62 on: August 27, 2014, 06:40:12 AM »
So my mom texted me today saying she found the 2015 pony calendar at the dollar tree today.

A dear friend of mine actually already  picked one up for me, but thanks! As far as pony items, I really am only collecting G1 baby crumpet, G1 Lofty and G4 Twilight Sparkle, and a couple little things on my wishlist.  Artwork and even a handmade pony bookmark would be appreciated.

Offline M!ndy

• Trade Count: (+67)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 27, 2014, 07:01:26 AM »
2015 pony calendar - Is that something you'd be interested in as an extra?
I would be ok with a 2015 calendar as an extra.
:fox:

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 27, 2014, 07:10:27 AM »
I'm so glad this is a 2 mug maximum, I think I will join.

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 27, 2014, 07:51:06 AM »
Approved! Sorry I sent so many mugs to you last year :blush: I went a little overboard, I think lol.

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 27, 2014, 08:04:57 AM »
Approved! Sorry I sent so many mugs to you last year :blush: I went a little overboard, I think lol.

Actually I love my mugs from you! And I loved getting so many.  I was SO spoiled and it was one of the best swap boxes ever!  But I am more concerned about ME spending more than I should and hunting down lots of mugs to spoil my partner.  I need a restraint like a maximum to keep me under control.  ;) 

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 27, 2014, 08:20:42 AM »
Lol I'm definitely in the same boat. My partner will be getting an awesome mug and i will likely go overboard on extra goodies xP.

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 27, 2014, 08:25:12 AM »
Favorite color:  Orange.  I also like plum, gold and ivory.   

Candy that you like/dislike (please note any allergies!): Don't send chocolate because it melts.  I like cinnamon, gummis, jellybeans. Licorice. 

What kinds of mugs do you like? (Ex. Small, large, designs, etc.) Give your partner an idea of the things you like!:  Nothing too big please.  I like quail, cactus, designs, flowers, birds, mushrooms, marigolds (of course), sturgeon, pufferfish, nudibranchs, vintage, pretty things.  I like the Rapunzel fairytale but I don't need any Tangled stuff.  Nothing silly please.

What would be good extras for you?:  Cocoa, coffee, cookies, biscuttes, chai tea, stickers, anything home made, art, ornaments, magnets, Disney Princess pins.

Do you drink tea/coffee/hot cocoa/ cider? Please include favorite flavors or any flavor you are NOT interested in: yes all.  Please NO MINT. 

What devices do you have for making your beverages? (coffee pot, Keurig, tea pot, coffee press, etc):
I have a coffee maker (for pre-ground coffee), a Keurig, tea seepers, and hot water.

Whats your favorite game/tv series/movies:
I like Frozen, Tangled, and The Little Mermaid.

Favorite Themes?
Vintage, flowers, birds, fish...elegant, pretty.  Mushrooms. Quail, cactus.

Do you like cup soups? If so, which are your favorite flavours?
I really love the spicy shrimp ramen noodles in a cup.  I'll eat any ramen noodles!  MMMmmm.  So bad for me.  Mmmmm.

Book Likes and Dislikes:  I'd rather not receive any books, but you can send me a list of suggestions to pick up at the library. 

Interested in the 2015 FiM calendar as an extra? No, thank you.

How do you feel about touristy stuff as an extra? (I.e. Postcards, keychains, etc)
I like post cards a lot. I send them to my friends randomly. I don't really need a lot of random stuff, but a magnet might be nice. Or ornament.

Pony stuff as extras? (like the calendar, cups, pens, etc)
I don't really like g4 or g3 pony stuff anymore. If it is g1 yes yes! 

Do you have kids/significant other/pets? Would they like anything included in your box? I have a cat who loves treats a catnip toys. He wears out his toys fast so he always loves new ones.

How game are you at trying foods or drinks from other countries/cultures?  Anything you would rather avoid flavours wise?  Yum YES YES YES YES YES!  I love trying new things. Just no mint please.

Do you like smelly stuff? Candles, bubble bath, soaps, etc?
None of this please. I am allergic to a lot of scents and I have so much of the stuff I do like that I don't need any more. 

Are you looking for a mug for any place (Home/Work/School etc) in particular? Home or work. My favorite mug at work is actually bigger than a normal mug in height but not wider. I love it a lot for the size but the design is bleh. I haven't been able to find some thing the same size with a pattern I like. Maybe you will find something?

Would you prefer mugs that are Dishwasher/Microwave safe?. It doesn't matter.

Pictures of favourite mugs:
I'm going to have to get back to this one!

Let's say you have already listed a favorite animal or two. How would you feel about receiving a mug purchased from a rescue for said animal? What if it had the rescues name on it? Any interest?
I don't really want mugs with real photos on them but if the charity has artwork or drawing of the animals I'm fine.

Do you have a favorite region of the world, or a culture that is your favorite?
I love all the world, but I really like things produced in India. All the bright colors and beautiful patterns!

If you have a favorite show/book/video game, would you like trading cards/trading stickers from it? (example, Pokemon cards, or the Panini stickers like Frozen has right now) hmmm, I really love stickers, but I don think there are any movies I want stickers from.

Do you like nail polish? if so what colors do you like wearing?
I want nail Polish but then I buy it and never wear it. So probably best not to get any.

As we will be receiving our swap boxes in October would you like any Halloween themed extras? Do you prefer cute Halloween things such as black cats, pumpkins or more dark/ gory things?

I LOVE Halloween!  But I don't like the gory stuff. I do like eyeballs, cats, bats, candy corn shaped things, pumpkins! Even spiders!   Anything cute or pretty. Just not really ugly or gory.   

if I paint a mug this might be one of your main mugs. Is that okay? And what would you most like painted on a mug?

I'd love ANYTHING handmade!  Designs can be flowers, any of my favorite animals, even if you just want to do something abstract and colorful that would be wonderful.  In fact some of the most beautiful artworks I like are abstract.

Do you like cactus?. Yes very much. You can add them to my list of things like like a lot. I'd love a cactus mug if you could find one that is not cutesy.  Something artsy maybe?
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 12:35:14 PM by Marigold »

Offline Kitkumi

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • My life is my story.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 27, 2014, 09:55:18 AM »
Got my answers all typed up. Would have gotten it done sooner but yesterday was house cleaning day, which is ohhhhh so much fun lol

Favorite color: Blues, especially when they are mixed with whites or silvers.

Candy that you like/dislike (please note any allergies!): I have no allergies. Anything dark chocolate is fine by me, the darker the better (I almost prefer bitter tastes to sweet). Almonds, sea salt, caramel, orange… pretty much anything that goes in the chocolate is good too lol. Taffy and gummies are also a-ok in my book.

What kinds of mugs do you like? (Ex. Small, large, designs, etc.) Give your partner an idea of the things you like!: I like medium to large mugs, the kinds that you see and you feel like you’ve just walked in to an old tavern from medieval times. When I am sipping a hot drink in winter I like to be able to wrap my hands around the mug. I don’t like overly complicated designs on my mugs, but love subtle designs.
Some interests of mine are reading and writing, Chocobos,  Pokemon & Digimon, dragons, video games, the series Firefly, and Disney (Lion King, Mulan, and Brave are my favorites. I also toss Kingdom Hearts in with Disney lol)

What would be good extras for you?: I’m trying to watch what I eat right now, so please not too many sweets (a few are ok though). Stickers, pens or pencils, spare trading cards, small things like that are always good, or art cards if my partner feels like drawing. I also love music of pretty much every type, so a burned cd of some of my partner’s favorite music is always cool too :D

Do you drink tea/coffee/hot cocoa/ cider? Please include favorite flavors or any flavor you are NOT interested in: I don’t drink coffee or anything with high amounts of caffeine in it since it makes me twitchy. However I do love hot chocolate of all flavors, peppermint tea, cider, and sweet chai tea.

What devices do you have for making your beverages? (coffee pot, Keurig, tea pot, coffee press, etc): None, lol. I use a simple pot on the stove for all of my drink creating needs. Though I do also have a tea infuser to use with loose teas.

Whats your favorite game/tv series/movie?: In the realm of movies and tv shows, my all-time obsession favorite is How To Train Your Dragon. I’ve seen the first movie more than I care to admit, sat glued to the TV screen each week for the tv series, and watched the second movie over and over despite emotional trauma XD Digimon is a close second. As for my favorite game… it would have to be a toss up between Pokemon, Legend of Zelda, and the .Hack series for the PS2

Favorite Themes?: Autumn, leafy, tree like things, and darker colors towards the warmer end of the spectrum. Those colors and patterns that just make you think ‘autumn is here!’ . Oh, and owls. I love all things owl-theme related, as well as foxes.

Do you like cup soups? If so, which are your favorite flavours? Potato soup is my all-time favorite. I’m not sure I’ve had many others… though I do know that I do not like anything with tomatoes or fish. I’m always open to trying new soups though.

Book Likes and Dislikes: I pretty much read anything in the realm of fantasy and science fiction and am not picky about the ‘suggested age range’ for a book. If it looks like a good book, I’ll give it a read. My favorite authors are Garth Nix & Jim Butcher (the Sabriel series and the Dresden Files).  I can’t stand romance novels, and books like the Twilight series I tend to ignore.

Interested in the 2015 FiM calendar as an extra? Sure

Do you have a favorite animals/animals and would you like that on a mug? Owls, foxes, all the big cats (lions, tigers, panthers, the like), dragons, phoenix. Butterflies and moths are ok, but I do not like other bugs.

Do you like interesting/weird shapes or are you more traditional with your drinkware? I like odd shapes, or at least not your typical 'coffee mug' shape and size.

How do you feel about touristy stuff as an extra? (I.e. Postcards, keychains, etc) I love it! It is always fun to get something that is specific to someone's area that tells a bit about where they live.

Pony stuff as extras? (like the calendar, cups, pens, etc) Pony things are always fun, though when it comes to actual ponies I prefer bait condition ones as I like to do customs in my spare time and I'm running out of space on my display shelf for 'to keep' ponies lol. G2 Ivy and G4 Luna are my favorite ponies.

Do you have kids/significant other/pets? Would they like anything included in your box?
Like me, my fiance is a gamer, and he also loves the card game Magic: The Gathering. In winter he goes through about as much hot chocolate as I do (and often times steals mine >.> ). Though please don't feel obligated to put anything in for him. I also have a cat, but the box is always her favorite part of a swap lol.

How game are you at trying foods or drinks from other countries/cultures?  Anything you would rather avoid flavours wise? (just as an example, chili, bacon, chocolate) I love trying foods from other countries. I love sweets from other places, and 'crispy' things, typically things that don't need to be cooked (dried fruits are a favorite). I can't stand anything with a 'seafood' flavor, and nothing with high amounts of caffeine.

Do you like smelly stuff? Candles, bubble bath, soaps, etc? Kind of? My sense of smell is rather sensitive, so I like subtle smelly things that aren't too over powering. I'm not a fan of things that smell like vanilla or food, but I love your typical 'autumn' smells, like pumpkin spice and others. I do use things like lotions and bubble bath, and I love candles.

Would you prefer mugs that are Dishwasher/Microwave safe? It doesn't matter. We wash all our dishes by hand around our place anyway, and I typically don't heat drinks in the microwave.

Are you looking for a mug for any place (Home/Work/School etc) in particular? Not really. I typically don't travel with mugs because there is no real good way to transport them or the time to use them at the places I go.

Dear partner, what is the most favorite mug you've ever owned? (To help get an idea of a mug you may like now! Pics welcome)

My all time favorite mug is this one right here. Toothless is the handle for the mug, and even though it is just plastic it also looks like a nice viking mug :D (sorry that the photo is sideways.... photobucket is being odd)

My second favorite is this one, as it matches/was the inspiration for the color and theme of my entire kitchen (where I cook, its always pumpkin season lol)

Let's say you have already listed a favorite animal or two. How would you feel about receiving a mug purchased from a rescue for said animal? I would be fine with that.

Do you have a favorite region of the world, or a culture that is your favorite? Japan is my favorite place; I love the culture and the stories/legends. Irish/Celtic stuff is a close second.

If you have a favorite show/book/video game, would you like trading cards/trading stickers from it? (example, Pokemon cards, or the Panini stickers like Frozen has right now) Sure! I love both spare trading cards and stickers.

Do you like nail polish? if so what colors do you like wearing? I don’t wear it.

As we will be receiving our swap boxes in October would you like any Halloween themed extras? Do you prefer cute Halloween things such as black cats, pumpkins or more dark/ gory things?  Halloween is one of my favorite times of year, but I like cute or classy Halloween things. Black cats are a favorite, as I own an actual one. I don't like witches or skeletons, or spiders. 

If I paint a mug this might be one of your main mugs. Is that okay? And what would you most like painted on a mug? That is fine with me, though I don’t know what I would want painted on it. Maybe my pony OC? (which is in my sig) or a kitsune fox?

Do you like cactus? I like cactus.I had one once as a kid and it went from being this cute adorable little thing I saved from the lawn mower to a towering beast of a plant XD

Top three favorite mystical creatures? Dragon, Phoenix, Kitsune

Fuzzy socks? They are nice on occasion, though I do end up building up quite the static charge with them lol.

Mugs I like I'm pretty sure this list could go on and on XD So I tried to narrow it down
« Last Edit: September 13, 2014, 06:48:30 PM by Kitkumi »

Thanks to Moonflower and Amenoo for my avi/sig

Offline wiccanpony1

• Trade Count: (+73)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 27, 2014, 12:26:54 PM »
Thought Id share a few pics of my mugs(hopefully photobucket is playing nice and loads the correctly)
Pic 1 is my two fav mugs that I use daily

Here are a few of our household mugs that also get used alot lol we dont have any matching mugs just single ones that take our fancy x

I just relised that those are all quite manly lol as you can tell my husband picked those ones lol
and lastly large mugs we use for soups and such and my beautiful hand painted mug from last years swap x

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 27, 2014, 12:37:37 PM »
Great idea, wiccanpony1! I love your wall-e, mike wasowski, and stitch mugs :).

Here are just some of mine...

I mostly use the Marie, dolphin, and animal print disney ones. They're the biggest lol.

I have quite a few other mugs as we, but they're mostly display mugs that are parts of my Aristocats and Pocahontas collections.

Offline icecreamgirl

• Trade Count: (+140)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 27, 2014, 01:38:31 PM »
Loving the mug photos, I really love your Aristrocats mug mkia9!

Will try and upload a photo of my favourite mugs tomorrow  :)
Thanks to lunar_scythe & kittywhiskers for my adoptables

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 27, 2014, 02:23:25 PM »
Loving the mug photos, I really love your Aristrocats mug mkia9!
Thanks! :). I actually have two of the aristocats family mugs - one to use and one for display.

Offline True

• Eartha Uncorn
  • Trade Count: (+98)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Unicorn of the earth
    • View Profile
    • Truly Customs
« Reply #74 on: August 27, 2014, 03:50:18 PM »
The Stitch and Wall-e mug are sooooo cuuuteee!
:heart: My Sales Thread :heart:
Toola Roola Avatar by Pikashoes!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal