collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Whats the right thing to do here? Ebay  (Read 461 times)

Offline sundaygirl

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
Whats the right thing to do here? Ebay
« on: August 12, 2014, 12:39:50 PM »
A while ago I purchased a non pony related item from a seller in another European country. It never showed up. I mailed the seller asking about it and she said that she had sent it a long time ago and offered me to send another exemplar of the same item for no extra cost.

Now, I got the second item the seller mailed out. I have no reason to believe that the seller never sent the first item. All well. I just feel a bit bad for the seller and wonder what is the most polite and right thing to do according to Ebay's policy? Shall I just thank the seller and leave positive feedback or should I offer to pay at least for shipping on the second item? It is nothing too expencive, it is a hairband for like $7-8 or so.

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
Re: Whats the right thing to do here? Ebay
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2014, 01:10:09 PM »
Part and parcel for selling is making amends should an item not show. She's obviously an excellent seller to have done that for you, so definately buy from her again should you have the opportunity. I'd leave a glowing positive feedback for her, definately! As far as paying for the second item, i wouldn't. Unless, of course, the first item shows up! :)

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2014, 04:39:43 AM »
Its good to hear about a great ebay seller for a change  :bigups:  :hug:  I would definitely thank the seller and  leave her a really positive feedback  :)
I know what you mean about feeling bad for the seller since the first item went missing, but really you dont need to pay her- its a sellers responsibility to make things right with you the buyer - either by replacing the missing item or by giving a refund  ;)  .
  Depending on her country she may even be able to make a claim from the PO for the missing one anyways even if there is no tracking number and its not a very valuable item (you can if you are a UK seller).
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline sundaygirl

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2014, 05:56:33 AM »
Thank you for your answers, I'll do that.  :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal