collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Is it just me or is Ebay a little crazy?  (Read 3400 times)

Offline princess

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Dance N' Prance Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Is it just me or is Ebay a little crazy?
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2014, 06:40:46 PM »
I must say I got an amazing gingerbread a few months back on ebay, she is pretty much minty as can be and even had her original ribbon and I won her for 3 pounds. I think Hathorcat is right in what she said, for each $45 baity cherry jubilee, there is a good deal to be found aswell..

Goodluck finding your dream Gingy, I'm sure she will come up soon! xx

I've seen a few white no marks ones, but they were all from sellers in a different country, but yes, I am remaining hopeful that I'll be able to snag one eventually!  Hearing about yours gives me even more hope~.

Offline ringwraith10

• Lake Pirate Pony
  • Trade Count: (+18)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Barnacle is my first mate!
    • View Profile
    • Video Games as Literature
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2014, 08:51:17 PM »
Ebay is a lot crazy. Or at least the Ebay seller community is. I had a really bad experience on the Ebay forums once (I was asking a simple help related question) that led to me only using the site about once a year, or only when really necessary.

Offline Icecrystalline

• Guardian of Dreams
  • Trade Count: (+128)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • No longer active.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2014, 03:20:03 AM »
I just watched a MOC Cherries Jubilee go for $350 o.O But the deals are out there;) I snagged a pearly baby Surprise for $6 and someone got a mint tux for $7 from the same seller:) I'm just sick of sellers posting one photo and say look at photo for description...you take a chance and of course there's huge flaws, hair cuts, or the ponies face is almost bitten in half. Or you get a pony who's hair was covering one eye in said photo that shows up with a huge rub...was offered to have it touched up since they were a customizer though...I'm sorry but sellers lately have gotten seriously lazy.

As for the fees it is 10% but if you charge shipping they hit you with a 10% fee on that and then the paypal fee so if you offer free shipping it probably is closer to 25% by the time you've paid the shipping:/ Hence why I always have a huge booth at pony fair. I will wait all year with my extras just to avoid selling on ebay because everything I would have lost in fees pretty much evens out to my event costs and I got to enjoy the experience:)

To be fair, I wouldn't call it laziness if they list what they can physically see without paining themselves, I guess it covers their back. I do the same when selling my ponies, I give as good a description I can without getting a fine tooth comb and give HD photos so people can make their own minds up, that way my back is covered. It's hard for buyers and sellers though, but I feel like my last few sales worked perfectly with that method, so I can't complain, my buyers were happy, that's what counts!

Offline DalaPony

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Big Brother Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2014, 12:26:01 PM »
I've had a mixed experience on eBay.  I've picked up one or two bargains, but paid more than I'd have liked for a couple of items, and today I came across someone selling a job lot of 17 G1 ponies for £250. :shocked:  If the ponies were all rare and in mint condition I might understand, but most of them are fairly widely available ones that from the photos have been played with quite a bit.  Knock a 0 off that figure and I might think about it.  :brow:

Offline Mirnyj

• Siamese PurrPony
  • Trade Count: (+38)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • A house is not a home without a siamese cat
    • View Profile
    • My Blog (in finnish)
« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2014, 02:06:12 PM »
I just watched a MOC Cherries Jubilee go for $350 o.O But the deals are out there;) I snagged a pearly baby Surprise for $6 and someone got a mint tux for $7 from the same seller:) I'm just sick of sellers posting one photo and say look at photo for description...you take a chance and of course there's huge flaws, hair cuts, or the ponies face is almost bitten in half. Or you get a pony who's hair was covering one eye in said photo that shows up with a huge rub...was offered to have it touched up since they were a customizer though...I'm sorry but sellers lately have gotten seriously lazy.

As for the fees it is 10% but if you charge shipping they hit you with a 10% fee on that and then the paypal fee so if you offer free shipping it probably is closer to 25% by the time you've paid the shipping:/ Hence why I always have a huge booth at pony fair. I will wait all year with my extras just to avoid selling on ebay because everything I would have lost in fees pretty much evens out to my event costs and I got to enjoy the experience:)

To be fair, I wouldn't call it laziness if they list what they can physically see without paining themselves, I guess it covers their back. I do the same when selling my ponies, I give as good a description I can without getting a fine tooth comb and give HD photos so people can make their own minds up, that way my back is covered. It's hard for buyers and sellers though, but I feel like my last few sales worked perfectly with that method, so I can't complain, my buyers were happy, that's what counts!

It's not laziness if you make sure that the photos (emphasis on the plural!) you post do cover the whole of the pony. But it's laziness and sometimes even sleeziness to just post one somewhat okay photo and thinking that's good enough. And I do remember this one case when someone here bought a couple of baby ponies by a "what you see is what you get" photo and when they came in it turned out that one of the babies had the whole of her muzzle missing!  :shocked:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

instagram ~ facebook ~ online store

Offline Wysteria

• MOC Crazy!
  • Trade Count: (+118)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Katz Pony Shop
    • View Profile
    • http://www.katzponyshop.ecrater.com/
« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2014, 06:02:38 PM »
I fully agree, if your photos show the damage that's totally fine or you attempt to mention a flaw, that's fine to say the photo is part of the description.  I'm talking about mainly the ebay mobil sellers that shoot a bad photo with a one or two liner description or they do take a bunch of photos with the flaws hidden just so they don't show and the description only says "see photos for description." I've gotten some very  misleading auctions lately that's all:/

Offline spottedslug

• Trade Count: (+106)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2014, 08:25:24 PM »
It's always been crazy! I don't touch ebay with a 10 foot pole, lol.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 11, 2014, 06:20:07 AM »
I fully agree, if your photos show the damage that's totally fine or you attempt to mention a flaw, that's fine to say the photo is part of the description.  I'm talking about mainly the ebay mobil sellers that shoot a bad photo with a one or two liner description or they do take a bunch of photos with the flaws hidden just so they don't show and the description only says "see photos for description." I've gotten some very  misleading auctions lately that's all:/

I hate that. Ebay Mobile is the worst thing. Every single listed uploaded using that has a horrible photo (usually fuzzy and often not even the right way up) and a bad description.

Also sellers that have really, really yellowy inside lighting and can't be bothered to wait and take their photos in natural light. Stop that. I'd mind less, but these people always seem to get really upset if you ask for better photos :rolleyes:
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

Offline Sarah-Bee

• Alice Cooper's Minion Pony
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 11, 2014, 09:26:39 AM »
I've had a mixed experience on eBay.  I've picked up one or two bargains, but paid more than I'd have liked for a couple of items, and today I came across someone selling a job lot of 17 G1 ponies for £250. :shocked:  If the ponies were all rare and in mint condition I might understand, but most of them are fairly widely available ones that from the photos have been played with quite a bit.  Knock a 0 off that figure and I might think about it.  :brow:

Ha, I saw that auction!

There was a similar one with a Best Offer option so I put an offer in for what it was worth (less than 50% of the BIN price) but needless to say it was declined :P Research people, do research :silly:

Offline PinkiePosh

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Target Exclusive Winter Pony
  • previously pinkiepony
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Marketplace Store
« Reply #39 on: August 11, 2014, 09:35:50 AM »
eBay sellers think 'vintage' means 'rare'

Offline shindow

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Derpy's Scrapbook: Collecting Ditsy Doo
« Reply #40 on: August 11, 2014, 12:58:22 PM »
eBay sellers think 'vintage' means 'rare'

Ugh. I can't stand this. In my Digimon collecting, its horrible... Ebay has jacked up prices on a lot of items that really arent rare and any obscure USA merchandise is always overpriced. As others said though, if you're dilligent you can find good deals, whatever you're hunting for! :) [Luckily, for Japanese items, Y!JP tends to net you better deals... OMG, you thought prices were bad here... look on there for ponies! Its expensive! I peruse for fun~]
Collecting :muffin: Pony / Ditsy Doo?
Check out her latest releases, news, and reviews at:
www.derpyscrapbook.blogspot.com
- The :muffin: Pony collector expert. And I love My Little Pony Tales. And Muffins.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal