collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Vintageponysunny/mlpsunny/sunnyloveus: Beware of this buyer and seller!  (Read 20154 times)

Offline Corona

• Eohippus Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Japanifornia Attorney Spokespony
    • View Profile
NOTE: Also goes by mlpsunny on MLPTP. Do not buy from mlpsunny, they are the same user running the same glitter Funko scam!

ETA: The scammer is on eBay as sunnyloveus. They are now filing fraudulent chargeback claims so gather all your proof of shipping if you sold to this user!

I bought a glitter Funko Applejack off Vintageponysunny July 21st. I asked for pictures and feedback and got both. She said she would be out of town for a few more days and would ship when she got home. I was fine with this and asked to be notified when she ships. Haven't heard anything back, no pony and no communication.

I sent her a PM two days ago and it has yet to be read. Normally I wouldn't be this concerned after two weeks but she hasn't been active on the Arena since the 30th and her sales topic was locked. Should I be worried?

EDIT AUGUST 5TH: My payment is in dispute. With the amount of people coming forward buying multiples of HTF ponies and sketchy methods (asking for payment sent as a gift, excuses, etc) I fully believe this user is a scammer. File a dispute or call Paypal. They are aware that this user has numerous complaints for the same scam.

EDIT AUGUST 16TH: The dispute was decided in my favor with no reply from the seller and Paypal is giving me my money back.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 09:05:42 PM by Corona »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Duster reference]

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Vintageponysunny?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2014, 05:58:51 PM »
oh dear..    i  bought the  trixie    from her. ><  i went ahead and openeed   a case with paypal. at this  point i think she's a scammer.  to my knowledge she hasnt even logged onto the fourms since the  30th. i  was wodnering if anyone   else had  done   transactiosn with her.

she told me she was  out of   town   then   she was at  home and   every tiem i asked for a tracking number   or if she had shipped it i got nothing but more and more   excuses.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2014, 06:02:39 PM »
Hmm, I also bought a some glitter Funkos from her-  actually, all of her glitters (AJ, Trixie & Mac) So did she have multiples? Possible I guess...

She emailed me on the 28th saying the ponies would be going out that day and the next, and that she'd email everyone with tracking numbers-   On the 29th she said things had been shipped and she'd email me with a tracking number when she gets the chance.

She said she works 80 hours a week so doesn't have much time.  I can totally understand since I work at least 70hrs a week.  But it does seem like she should have provided a tracking number by now.

Normally I give newbies a bit of a break, but I will admit I'm a bit worried, especially with your posts.  I hate to say it but I might have to open a paypal dispute. :(

Her prices did seem a little too good to be true I guess.

Offline Corona

• Eohippus Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2014, 06:10:48 PM »
Galactica: I was a bit dubious of the price and lack of feedback too. She had two positives on MLPTP so I figured why not, we all need to start somewhere.

But the replies are making me think I've been had. :c Thankfully I can still dispute.

Duster reference]

Offline Em_L._Pea_Customs

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2014, 06:14:31 PM »
I was interested in her Applejack, but had a BAD feeling about it from the very beginning.  She wouldn't respond in her thread...a bad sign as she didn't want people to see that she had already sold items to others.  She also had prices that were almost too good to be true based on ebay sold listings and her feedback was low and as a buyer only. 

I tried to catch her in a lie (she said a pony was available that she had already sold to Loralei - who she told she had no doubles) and when I did I immediately contacted the mods.  I never actually sent her any money.  I think they locked her sales thread, but I don't know what else happened after that.

I sincerely hope that y'all get your money back.  I would open cases immediately, if you haven't already.  Good luck!
*WANT LIST*
FKA cookhuman

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2014, 06:17:51 PM »
Yeah- I had my doubts too.  I really wanted those glitter funkos though, and when she posted crappy pictures of them, I figured hey, maybe she was just a newbie who had some really good luck.   I also figured it wasn't much money, paypal would cover it if she really was a fraud.  Which.... she was.   

If she said she didn't have duplicates, than there is no question she was trying to defraud the lot of us.

I opened and escalated my case, I hope you all do the same.   Such a shame.

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2014, 06:19:12 PM »
I urge everyone at this point to open a case, as there is one more member that I know of having the same issues. I will give her the heads up to this thread because I am sure she paid for an Applejack.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Gloomygirl777

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2014, 06:20:42 PM »
Oh no!!! I hope you guys get your money back! How shady!!! >_<

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2014, 06:22:02 PM »
yes   i thought  soemthing  about this was off.  so   i attempted to  cathc her int he lie.  she told me she didint have doubles and she had  one of each.   which was very surprising  to me.  since i pmed her at  really late on the 21 (about the other  two) and she   said all three were still avlaible. 
galactica when did you pay for the trixie? i  sent her a message  30 minutes after the thread was   up.

i   wanted to give her a break  being new.  but after this i'm not dealing with anyone  that doesnt have any feeback.  i think we've been had here.  sometiems you trust people  and they screw you over sometiems you trust people adn you get  good things out of it.

what i think happend  was that  she  proably sold them to more then  1 person to try adn get as much as she could but now that were onto her she isnt coming back.

i  escalted mine as well.  good luck to teh rest of you. its a shame that scammers are once agian here.. i tooka chance becuase it was hte only way i could afford a glitter.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2014, 06:23:04 PM »
Well that makes THREE glitter Applejack ponies she sold, and TWO Trixie ponies.

I also messaged her almost immediately after the thread went up.  Finally paid on the 22nd after she confirmed shipping would be the same for all three ponies.

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2014, 06:24:07 PM »
Well that makes THREE glitter Applejack ponies she sold.

and at least  Two trixies.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2014, 06:27:16 PM »
Another thing that should have made us suspicious is not just that she was new, but check out her posts.  She joined in June, made a few posts about trying to get some Merry-Go-Round ponies- and then the sale page.

ALso a little odd that her profile doesn't list where she is located.

Also, it was a little odd that she didn't respond to questions within the post itself (as Cookhuman noted). 

Offline MidnightMocha

• Trade Count: (+249)
  • But the stars in the sky look like home
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2014, 06:35:09 PM »
Make that 4 glitter applejacks...lol

I opened a paypal case so hopefully things work out, but it is a bummer!
Will always trade for limited edition/90s Pikachu stuff!

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2014, 06:36:20 PM »
Make that 4 glitter applejacks...lol

I opened a paypal case so hopefully things work out, but it is a bummer!

oh no mocha!!   not you too!!

not that it needs to be asked but nobody paid as gift right?

Offline Corona

• Eohippus Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2014, 06:54:07 PM »
My payment was accidentally marked as a gift. Called Paypal and since my note clearly stated it was for an item, my payment was disputed anyway.

I also let them know there were other complaints about the user. They'll be looking into it.

Duster reference]

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal