collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ebay buyer wants 20€ refund of total of 26€  (Read 1071 times)

Offline zora

• Trade Count: (+75)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Ebay buyer wants 20€ refund of total of 26€
« on: August 05, 2014, 09:53:36 AM »
An ebay user bought 2 ponies from me, italian windy and italian moonstone. i sold lots of ponies in the last weeks and didnt describe them detailed in the description. i wrote that the buyers should look at the pictures carefully and ask if they have any questions. she never contacted me before bidding.

so i shipped them to her and now i got a message (friendly + polite) that she is unhappy w her ponies as one has a loose head and one has a tailcut. the loose head and gap between body and head can clearly be seen on the pictures. and windys tail also is clearly visible.

i dont know what to do. i offered her to send the ponies back to me as i can not accept a refund of 20 eur (that would be 1,50 eur for italy windy and 4,50 for italy moonstone) - the thing is i will have to pay for the shipping to me from the US which wont be very cheap as i assume (i live in europe)..

i cant see my fault here. both flaws can be seen in the pictures and if she had asked me i even would have measured windys tail..!

these are the links to the auctions:

http://www.ebay.at/itm/281383415298?ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1587.l2649

http://www.ebay.at/itm/281383416335?ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1587.l2649
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 12:59:22 PM by zora »
Former Nirvana and BigBro Collector

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
Re: Ebay buyer wants 20€ refund of total of 26€
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2014, 11:35:10 AM »
I believe your best bet is to politely message the buyer back letting them know how sorry you are that they are unhappy with their purchase, let them know that you'll you're more than willing to refund their purchase and original shipping costs provided they return the ponies to you.

If the buyer were to open a case, ebay/paypal will likely advise them to return the item since they are unhappy with their purchase. The buyer will be responsible for paying the return shipping costs as well as providing tracking proof that the items have been returned before Paypal will release their funds to them.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline ponycake

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2014, 11:46:35 AM »
The amount she wants back is ridiculous. I agree with the advice the previous person gave.

Check out my art thread here

WTB: US MIB Birthday Pony

Offline Spectrum

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • no bass in the jazz room
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2014, 12:03:39 PM »
I'd offer to refund them $5 at the most. A minor tail cut and a loose neck seam does not account to almost all of the purchase.

Offline MiRaja

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://lilmissroadrage.livejournal.com
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2014, 12:21:09 PM »
I'd offer to refund them $5 at the most. A minor tail cut and a loose neck seam does not account to almost all of the purchase.

This.

And it's also important to note that variations on hair length do exist, especially in the Italians.  Personally, she does not look like she has a hair cut.  The question I have to ask, is why would someone give a pony that minor of a hair cut?  Much more likely she has a slightly shorter tail due to factory error.  Also, Italians are bad for rusting, most nirvana collectors know this.  They often times have their heads popped so they can be cleaned.  I'd rather have a clean pony with a broken neck seal, versus a sealed pony full of crud.

Your buyer is being ridiculous.  I would offer $5 back and that be the end of it.  Her issues with the ponies are MINOR, very minor, if not even made up with the hair cut issue, she should not be getting back almost all of her purchase price for them, especially when she could very easily flip them for the price she paid for them if she is THAT disappointed. 

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2014, 01:10:41 PM »
I agree with just offering her a refund for the price of the ponies if she ships them back to you (at their cost, it's not your problem she's unhappy). The photos are clear about the neck seam, and the tail length so if the buyer had doubts they should have contacted you before bidding *shrug*.

Whether the buyer was polite in their message or not, I think asking for nearly a full refund for such minor flaws is really out of order.
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

Offline zora

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2014, 04:58:15 AM »
thx for your advice, i also found 20€ a bit too much for that minor flaws. they both have a great mane and good symbols for italians.

she now apologized + asked me what i want to refund her, how much would you all recommend to refund for BOTH ponies? it seems like she doesnt want to send them back to me..

Offline pyrodarknessanny

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • banannas
    • View Profile
    • Pyrodarknessanny's ko-fi
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2014, 05:06:52 AM »
id only offer a refund for the cost of the items,
not the shipping at all ,  and only  after the items have been returned ,  in the same condition that they went out in of course.   

or if you want to include the shipping  only  the cost to send them out,  not the cost to return them

Offline zora

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2014, 06:02:10 AM »
she doesnt wants to return them, she just wants some sort of a "discount" on the price (which was not very high anyways)..

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2014, 06:06:55 AM »
she doesnt wants to return them, she just wants some sort of a "discount" on the price (which was not very high anyways)..

I'd refuse, then. It sounds like she's having buyer's remorse and is trying to get them even cheaper than she got them.
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

Offline NoDivision

• I am vengeance, I am the night!
  • Trade Count: (+67)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • No Division Customs
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2014, 07:20:28 AM »

I'd refuse, then. It sounds like she's having buyer's remorse and is trying to get them even cheaper than she got them.

Kind of my thought as well, seems like buyers remorse. Partial refunds are not ebay policy so don't feel obligated to give her one if you feel your items were represented fairly. I'd just restate that if she is unhappy with the ponies she is welcome to send them back, at her cost, and you will refund her then. 

Offline MikeysGrrrl

• Penguin Snuggle Pony
  • Trade Count: (+95)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Whatever you become, be an amazing one!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2014, 08:38:54 AM »

Kind of my thought as well, seems like buyers remorse. Partial refunds are not ebay policy so don't feel obligated to give her one if you feel your items were represented fairly. I'd just restate that if she is unhappy with the ponies she is welcome to send them back, at her cost, and you will refund her then.

I completely agree as well

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2014, 09:23:13 AM »

I agree it does sound like buyers remorse. Although this is just a thought for future listings, it might be wise to give a very detailed description, and not have them solely go by pictures alone. I only say that because if she opens a case you have nothing really to go back on for eBay to look at and say "Yes this was as described and buyer knew what they were buying." In that event eBay would most likely refund them on their own accord and not out of your pocket.

Please do not take me saying you need to better describe your listings as insulting or offensive. It's just a fact on how buyers work or like to work the system on getting a refund. It's better to cover all your bases from the get go to prevent any issues.  :hug:
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline MiRaja

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://lilmissroadrage.livejournal.com
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2014, 11:04:22 AM »

I agree it does sound like buyers remorse. Although this is just a thought for future listings, it might be wise to give a very detailed description, and not have them solely go by pictures alone. I only say that because if she opens a case you have nothing really to go back on for eBay to look at and say "Yes this was as described and buyer knew what they were buying." In that event eBay would most likely refund them on their own accord and not out of your pocket.

Please do not take me saying you need to better describe your listings as insulting or offensive. It's just a fact on how buyers work or like to work the system on getting a refund. It's better to cover all your bases from the get go to prevent any issues.  :hug:

I agree, and that's exactly why I dislike selling items on ebay, especially small little items that aren't going to go for much.  A sufficient, "Please look at the photos for exact condition of pony.  Pony has flaws, if you have any questions, ask!" should do it!  But with ebay, you have to describe every little thing like leading a horse to water because SOME people will find anything and everything to complain about, and ebay will side with them.  When you're spending a half hour or more writing detailed descriptions per items that aren't even going to hit $10, and you factor in all the fees. . .  It's just not worth it. . .  Sometimes I find it amazing that there are still as many people selling ponies online as there are!  More patience than me, I say! 

Offline ClosetAvalanche

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2014, 11:57:36 AM »
Also, if you refuse the partial refund and she refuses to send them back and leaves negative feedback, you can report it to ebay for asking for something that's not included in the listing and they should remove it.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal