collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: How can I get the NICI plushies for a reasonable price?  (Read 1188 times)

Offline Watercolors

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • Collector of G1 and G2!
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart page
How can I get the NICI plushies for a reasonable price?
« on: August 05, 2014, 07:44:38 AM »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Does anyone know why the German NICI MLP toys are so expensive? I really want a Twilight Sparkle plush like the on in the picture, but it's about $30 on their website. Even the 12-cm keychains are $20 and I'm sure the shipping is crazy because I don't live in Germany.

Is there anyway I can get these for a reasonable price? The NICI plushies are by far the cutest pony plushies there are, and I really want some :)

Here's the website
http://www.nici-shop.de/en/Product-lines/NICI-Licence-Lines/My-Little-Pony/2/

Offline Eurocoin

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
Re: How can I get the NICI plushies for a reasonable price?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2014, 08:15:11 AM »
Well, you're right to assume the shipping from NICI's site is high, because it is, even to European countries, that are not right next to Germany (to US it would be about 50 euros). You can get a bit cheaper shipping from Amazon.de, though shipping would still be about 17 euros.

And about the price of NICI MLP-plushies in general, those are pretty much how much all MLP-plushies cost in Europe.

Offline Doedeardarling

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2014, 08:15:32 AM »
Used? The thing is, in Europe those prices are completely normal. Things cost more in here.

Offline zombienixon

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+11)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • Pink Pony Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2014, 08:53:39 AM »
With the exception of the Beetle, nothing made in Germany can be called affordable.  :lol:

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2014, 09:32:26 AM »
Currently, and compared to the US, toys cost more in Germany and the U.K.   I think that it has to do with import fees/taxes/etc, but that would be a guess.

So no, you can't get the NICCI plushies for cheaps anywhere. 

Offline Einhornbaby

• Slaughterhouse II
  • Trade Count: (+124)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://einhornbaby.contract-killers.de
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2014, 10:20:29 AM »
Sadly the others are right. Toys in general are pretty pricey here in Germany and the Nici plushies are really really expensive. I saw them at TRU a few weeks ago and left them there ... not cute enough for that mich of money lol.

Offline U2QueenBee

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2014, 10:33:19 AM »
I would also just add that Nici is a pretty well-known and well-established brand and their plush and products (in my experience) are quite high-quality.  I have their Pinkie Pie and a couple small other plush from them and they are very good quality, good stitching, nice embroidery, very soft minky, nice and symmetrical and so on.  So even apart from the higher prices over here, you're probably paying a bit more for the brand and the quality as well (think nice Gund bears or the like...I don't think they're quite in Steiff/Hansa territory as far as collectibles go, but midrange.)

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2014, 12:23:04 PM »

Currently, and compared to the US, toys cost more in Germany and the U.K.   I think that it has to do with import fees/taxes/etc, but that would be a guess.

So no, you can't get the NICCI plushies for cheaps anywhere.

And this is why when dealing with stuff that's not available in my country I prefer to trade. At least then both of us are usually getting a fair value.
Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2014, 12:33:33 PM »
I would also just add that Nici is a pretty well-known and well-established brand and their plush and products (in my experience) are quite high-quality.  I have their Pinkie Pie and a couple small other plush from them and they are very good quality, good stitching, nice embroidery, very soft minky, nice and symmetrical and so on.  So even apart from the higher prices over here, you're probably paying a bit more for the brand and the quality as well (think nice Gund bears or the like...I don't think they're quite in Steiff/Hansa territory as far as collectibles go, but midrange.)

Yup - I would echo this.

I have a lot of Nici items and in general they tend to be perhaps at the upper end of the price scale for mass produced, mass market plush. However they are very well made and in very, very good quality. They are also a very popular and collectible brand. All that combines in price.

However in general they are not really too expensive when compared to even similar MLP items - the other companies selling small keychain MLP plush all want from £3.99-£4.99 for them as well even though the product is cheaper.

So unfortunately the price on Nicis website is about what you are going to have to pay for them as I have yet to come across a retailer that carries them under RRP. However, perhaps a member here can help you out on reducing the shipping, depending on the country its coming from.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2014, 12:36:41 PM »
I love NICCI's Twilight, but not more than the 4DE Twilight, who is seriously amazingly awesome.  I wish they'd hurry up and release more of their stuff!

AJLareneg

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2014, 12:54:42 PM »
I can't speak for the other nici plush but I have the coronation twilight I got off amazon.de and she's pretty great. My main gripe with her is that her mane and tail is made from white fabric that they just painted on. So you can see white under fluff on all the seams of the fabric. It's a bit tacky looking... 4de makes them better imo. Unless the other nici ones aren't painted fabric, in which case I feel sad about my coronation twilight. :b

Offline U2QueenBee

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2014, 01:30:09 PM »
I can't speak for the other nici plush but I have the coronation twilight I got off amazon.de and she's pretty great. My main gripe with her is that her mane and tail is made from white fabric that they just painted on. So you can see white under fluff on all the seams of the fabric. It's a bit tacky looking... 4de makes them better imo. Unless the other nici ones aren't painted fabric, in which case I feel sad about my coronation twilight. :b

Ooh no that is odd!  What size is she?  I have the 30cm Pinkie and she is all actual pink fabric, both shades. 

Both the 4DE and Nici ones look good to me, I went with Nici as I figured it would be cheaper to get it than to ship from the UK.  But if 4DE bring out that Luna they showed the prototype of, I am gonna be all over that!! 

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2014, 05:26:04 PM »
Oh that Coronation Twilight is pretty cute! Love her outfit- too bad her mane and tail are painted, how odd is that?  You can't really tell from this review 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJuaDOH2ly0

Offline Watercolors

• Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • Collector of G1 and G2!
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart page
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2014, 07:01:05 PM »
Thanks for the info guys, even if it isn't what I really wanted to hear haha

on an off topic note, that guy's voice/accent in that video Galactia posted is so adorable and funny; is that a German or Norwegian accent? 

AJLareneg

« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2014, 09:57:50 AM »
I'm wondering if it's because twilight has different colors in her mane? Does anyone have the nici rainbow dash or the regular twilight? I can't imagine they'd skip on the coronation one considering they charge a bit more for her. I have some pictures of her painted mane I can post on here when I get to my computer at home to show what I mean. You can't see it in any of the promo shots either which is why I wonder if maybe it's mine? One of the bows on her dress had come off too.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal