collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: global shipping programme quiry  (Read 261 times)

Offline lindsayrose1985

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
global shipping programme quiry
« on: July 30, 2014, 10:01:09 AM »
Hello
Is it possible to combine postage on items if the seller is using the global shipping programme?

I asked if they could combine on 2 ponies and this is what I received back.....

"Hi Lindsay! I ship using eBay's gobal shipping, so they are in charge of fees/shipping prices and as far as I can tell they do not offer combined shipping. I'm very sorry, as I have just found this out myself I am quite disappointed in ebay's global shipping program."

Can someone shed light on the situation at all as otherwise it'll cost £9 to ship each pony separately :(

Hello, [you] i'm looking for so softs in need  of a little TLC :)

Offline ponylady

• MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: global shipping programme quiry
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2014, 10:33:06 AM »
Unfortunately your seller is correct, GSP does not allow purchases to be combined.  Each parcel needs to be sent separately and paid for separately, including the shipping and "import" fees.  :huh:

Supposedly though once a buyer purchases the items they can go to their shopping cart and "request an invoice'.  At which time, they should be able to opt out of the global shipping program. Of course that is going to be up to the seller though.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline lindsayrose1985

• So Soft Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2014, 12:26:18 PM »
Thank you ponylady. This GBP totally sucks :( I want the ponies but I don't want to pay $40 in shipping two ponies worth $15 for the pair!
Oh well there's always another.
The more I see this programme the more I seem to find it is outrageously over priced and more of a nuisance than benefit to both buyers and sellers alike!
Hello, [you] i'm looking for so softs in need  of a little TLC :)

Offline Marlin

• Trade Count: (+48)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2014, 06:30:43 PM »
I have to agree - The GSP sucks!!!!  I've had to go through it twice now as a buyer, and each time it has taken just over three weeks for my parcels to arrive (normally a parcel from the US takes only a week ordinarily outside of the programme).

That was a good query, Lindsayrose. I have never been in that position before (of buying two items from the same seller who is with the GSP) but I had often wondered what if there was a Buy Now on a couple of items with one seller that you wanted (in my experience buy nows mean you pay right then and there, so I'm guessing you just wouldn't have the option of combining shipping there either). It just doesn't seem fair that you would have to double up on all the shipping costs!

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2014, 08:48:24 PM »
To be honest, I never have purchased multiple items using the GSP for this very reason - however, your seller does seem a bit disappointed that the GSP isn't all it's cracked up to be, and therefore might be open to combining and shipping outside the GSP, if you did in fact ask. I have been using the GSP a fair bit lately, but primarily because I've bought a couple of large lots, which actually seemed to be cheaper using it, and obviously I'm not combining shipping. What I am peeved about, is the fact that every time I use it, it refuses delivery to my PO box, and I have to use my house address which annoys me no end.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal