collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: thinking about selling my entire g4 collection!!  (Read 1545 times)

Offline wizzer218

• Trade Count: (+153)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • love me some pony!
    • View Profile
    • www.flyinghorsearts.com
thinking about selling my entire g4 collection!!
« on: July 29, 2014, 07:21:26 PM »
not sure what to do...but compared to the g1 line I have not a whole lot of interest in the g4 toyline anymore...I mean I have my favorites like the boys and aj...I tend to like the FS better.....and the funkos...nightmare moon.....but I almost feel like selling them to buy G1s....lol....I still love the show and will always be a fan...but not a whole lot of interesting things coming out...now if they made boys!!!...lol...brushable I mean.....I have almost all of the g4s up until they just started repeating them all in different ways...which is partially why I have lost interest...just curious on how well they sell....I have like all the ones that people are looking for like lily blossom and what not....lol....there are just too many coming out all at once that are all almost the same ....with my huge g1 collection its hard to find the funds to keep up :huh:.......any thoughts on this.....what do u think sell...or not to sell???...LOL

Offline snwbear24

• Trade Count: (+40)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
Re: thinking about selling my entire g4 collection!!
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2014, 07:56:35 PM »
If your just not passionate about G4's anymore I would sell them to get G1's since you sound more passionate about them. I think they would sell quite well. I still have a few on my want list. *hint hint* :)
Looking For these to complete my G4's!!  :biggrin:
Royal Gem Carriage w/ Star Swirl

Looking For these G1's to complete US collection!!
Bushwoolies- Cheery, Hugster, and Chumster

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2014, 08:02:18 PM »
The more common ones might not being a lot but I would still sell them :) If you feel that way about G1 ponies then sell off the ones that you don't have much interest in anymore.

Offline Eily311

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Dazzle Surprise
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2014, 09:12:46 PM »
If you have lost interest sell them and just keep your favorites
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Instagram: Eily311MLP
Eily311 (personal page)

Offline Stormness_1

• Pony Of Anarchy!
  • Trade Count: (+28)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • I'm not a magical unicorn, you know!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2014, 11:30:19 PM »
I did this, packed them away for the whole tried and true system of 'did you miss them?', which I didn't. Then I pulled them out to sell, and the love came flooding back! Darnit, I was looking forward to having more G1's, but oh well, now I have my love for G4's again!

Sig by Moonbreeze, avi by Sapphire Rain.

Sprinklecupcake

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2014, 12:27:34 AM »
Its all up to you hun! You could keep your favorite G4s and sell the rest to fund more G1s!

Offline Katika

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2014, 05:05:18 AM »
I agree with taking a temporary break from them (as in hiding from sight) to see how true your commitment to this plan really is ;)  I'm tempted to say that if you love your G1s significantly more, it's probably best to concentrate on them.  I love G1 and G3 about the same and, even though I'm trying to keep up with G4 (not back tracking for those I missed at this time) and wouldn't turn down a super good deal on a G2, my current collection goals are to complete my G3s and US G1s because otherwise things can get pretty overwhelming.

As far as G4 prices go... I would have a feeling that the sooner you could sell, the better prices you can get.  The average G4 is still worth at least, if not a little better, than retail value, as compared to the average G3/G3.5 that seems to have taken a big hit at this time (even exclusives are super reasonably priced, as compared to what they went for when G3s were still in production).  If you're sure you want to sell, I'd do it while the G4 still has enough steam to stay trendy enough that people are still holding on to their collections :)

Offline ponyqueen

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "My, Earth really is full of things." -King of All
    • View Profile
    • Etsy
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2014, 05:38:56 AM »
Oh my gosh! If you decide to sell, please premiere them at the MN meet! ;)

When I'm not sure to sell- price it comfortably. If it sells then you have $$ for stuff you LOVE, if it doesn't sell then you can keep it!

:heart: Did I forget to leave feedback? Please pm me! :heart:

Offline Sebby6

• Maid of Metal \m/
  • Trade Count: (+151)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://sebby6.darc.net
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2014, 05:52:31 AM »
I know exactly how you feel. I'll be selling mine at the UK Con and I can't wait to have the space back for G1s :)

Always looking for MLP erasers

Offline Nightbow

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • A figment of your imagination
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2014, 06:44:29 AM »
This might be a good time to sell HTF ponies like Lily Blossom en eBay (where the bronies can find them), because I'm under the impression that many MLP fans are looking for these ponies. On the other hand she might be hard to acquire again should it turn out you'd miss her.
I'm looking to buy Port-o-Bella. Please email me.

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2014, 09:01:41 AM »
lilly blossom did just re release   in  easter.     and  was 3.00  so  i'm not sureyou'll  get  more then that     for her. right now lol

um  Aj   is due for a  re relae and then her    price is gonna plumment.  unless you find a peron   who  wants one of every release.  most people are just happy with  1. like   if htey have     the  masqerade  Dash they might  not want he palyfull  pony  tinsel.  or if they have the tinsel..   they might not wnto want others. 
right now  i think there    stil at about  the   retail  price.  for the main six just beucsae there  releaesd and re relased    so often.

but   some of them that were notorisly htf i'd say keep for a  bit then sell later  but if you've denftly lost intrest then sell.

Offline sparkykandy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2014, 09:47:23 AM »
Agrees with the idea of storing them away for a couple of days, and see if you miss them or not.  If you do, then keep them.  If you don't, then sell them. 
Admin of a Cheritz fan forum.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2014, 12:22:46 PM »
There are a lot of people who seem to be in the same boat so you are certainly not alone. It needs to be 100% your call of course but I do agree with the idea of initially having a break away from them; pack them away out of sight and give it a few months. If you dont miss them, dont want to add to the collection then you would be able to sell with no worries. And the advantage of G4 is that, like G3, they will no doubt swamp ebay and second hand locations in the years to come so only a handful of them are going to truly be hard to find if you decided to collect again.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Majesty

• Metal Gear Solid Pony
  • Trade Count: (+35)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • G1 and G3 Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2014, 01:57:09 PM »
If you have lost interest sell them and just keep your favorites

I agree with this.  :)

Offline wizzer218

• Trade Count: (+153)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • love me some pony!
    • View Profile
    • www.flyinghorsearts.com
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2014, 07:09:16 PM »
I think it also has to do with the fact...that when I am in stores and I go to the pony section it is easy to walk away without buying....Lol...and that just is not me usually........Lol...I think I would be OK selling them as long as I can keep my sparkly big Mac funk...Lol....and I might wanna keep the ajs because she was the whole reason I got so excited to see ponies out again....but of course that again connects to g1s:)....I mean they r cute and its not that I dislike them but I am also one who like to collect to the extreme and there are just so many variants and factory errors and ahhhhhh so many!!....but thank you for all the advice ...I truly feel like I am abandoning Fim....but I am not I swear!...lol

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal