collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Pony Fair Coffee Table Book  (Read 282 times)

Offline FlurryDust

• Trade Count: (+42)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
Pony Fair Coffee Table Book
« on: July 11, 2014, 02:26:42 AM »
Greetings Pony Fans! This is Paul, I have taken about a thousand pictures over the course of 3 pony fairs.
I'm planning on producing a coffee table book with the current fair pictures that I will take this weekend. I am also planning on making one for each of the previous 3 pony fairs from Rhode Island, Orlando, and Indiana.
This is an inquiry as to how many people might be interested in purchasing a book. The more that are purchased the lower the cost would be.

Preliminary figures for a hard cover 8x6 or 8.5 x 8.5 book with 12 pages (that's 24 sides) is $25.00 to $30.00 plus shipping.
Questions that I am asking are:
1. How many people might be interested.
2. Would a book for each year be preferred or a single book covering 2011-2013?
    If each year is preferred, each could possibly have a different cost depending on the number of books made.
3. What kind of cover would be preferred, softcover or hardcover?

I have a small softcover sample book which contains over 350 pictures from the 2011 fair.
Once a decision is made regarding what would be produced, a deposit would need to be made in order to hold a copy for you.
E-mail addresses will be collected at the fair if you are interested.

Offline rosietrot

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
  • Made it.
    • RosieTrot's Pony Spot
Re: Pony Fair Coffee Table Book
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2014, 03:07:06 AM »
TLDR: yes interested, is like books separate by year, soft-back. Great idea Paul!
Edit: Changed my mind, all three years? Yes.

The long, opinionated version:
I'd absolutely be interested in  a photo essay/yearbook-like thing. It think it will be about the memories and not so much about the fancy coffee-table-ness of it, and I spend enough money on ponies, so cheaper is better. Plus, it takes up less space and is less at risk of being evicted by my boyfriend if it keys a low profile. More on the inside, you know?

Also: I think people that couldn't come this year would love something like this, from what I gather from their comments lamenting their absence. That being said, candids, statistics, highlights, event coverage, quotes, completition results...  I'm guessing you can find a collaborator or two ;)

On the combo-book bs single-year book point, not that I don't plan on falling in live with everyone and seeing what Ir's been like, but I'd just like the ones i come to. I'm a newbie (which isn't a particularly comfy feeling) and seeing all those other years would just enhance that. Just a thought.

I heard a bit on the radio about how we spend do much time capturing memories that it can reduce the ability to make them in the first place. I don't want to miss a thing, but if that means inhibiting participation, that causes an internal conflict (I'm a Pinkie Pie at heart) and I think this project would be an amazing "public" service to corral the memories while letting the memories run free.

Paul, I think your idea is a great one.

EDIT: After getting to know so many awesome people and hearing the stories, is love to see how the other fairs were and see some of the people that couldn't come this year so at least I have a head start maybe getting to know more faces for next year!
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 06:24:14 AM by rosietrot »
Trades!<---some trades, sales and want list, as posted on the arena
Store!<---The "Official" Store (or as official as it gets...also all tradable!)
Want List!<---Stuff I'm looking for
ME! <--- and if you want to know who I am, a picture from my blog