collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: You are now the one who created the G2 TV Series.  (Read 259 times)

Offline MJNSEIFER

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Scribbles Pony
  • Brony For All Ponies
    • View Profile
You are now the one who created the G2 TV Series.
« on: July 09, 2014, 08:01:18 AM »
The second generation of My Little Pony was never given a TV series, except now it was, because you are the one who made it, so how did you do it? 

Do the ponies go on adventures, or is the show more focused on the daily life of the ponies?  Or does the show alternate between the two?  Is it a full series, or is it movies being brought out occasionally (note: with the former, you can still have movies) Does the show have main cast of ponies or does it alternate depending on who's needed for the episode/movie?  If the former, who were the ponies that you chose to your main ponies, and how did the non-main ponies fit in to the story (obviously has to be real G2 toyline ponies)?  If the latter, how did you handle to changing of characters? 

As a bonus, you can also talk about the personalites of the ponies you used, and what kind of things they do, if you have thought of any, and if you have any original characters (no generation stayed purely within the toyline when it came to characters as far as I can see) feel free to talk about them.  You can even give examples of episode/movie storylines if you have any.
I will confess to being a brony, but I assure you that the things you may not like about them do not apply to me, I mostly keep the fandom name due to nostaligia, but I do genuinely love MLP as a whole, not just FIM, and not just the popularity of FIM - I genuinely love the show (and all the others)

divalei

Re: You are now the one who created the G2 TV Series.
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2014, 08:20:10 AM »
Probably something between adventuring and daily life. And probably full series, no movies.

My main cast would be Ivy, Sweet Berry, Sky Skimmer, Sundance, Light Heart and Morning Glory. I would also use Princess Silver Rain, Princess Crystal, Princess Golden Light, Princess Silver Swirl and Princess Twinkle Star. Prince Firefly, Clever Clover, the babies and some other ponies (example those unicorns with wings) would be special guests depending the story.

And side note, I'm thinking about making a game featuring some of the princess ponies.

scrub-adub

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2014, 08:56:28 AM »
I am actually planning a g2 online series funnily enough.

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2014, 09:49:50 AM »
Ooh, I love threads like this :D

Hm.. I'd go for a series with the occasional movie/special, similar in tone to the G1 series (i.e. varies between adventures and 'slice of life' episodes). Characters.. I think I'd go the "main six" route as well. For me it'd be Ivy, Sundance/Sunsparkle, Light Heart, Sweet Berry, (Princess) Silver Swirl and Clever Clover. Other ponies would be in it of course, as supporting characters, and I'd prolly have episodes that were more focused on the supporting chars than the main ones.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline StoryDreamer

• Go boldly
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Bri
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2014, 11:04:48 AM »
I'd go slice of life, mixed with 1/2 adventure/quests/type of thing.
Hey, want to review media or contribute an article about books, movies, comics, tv or video games from a woman's perspective? Check out my new media blog in the making, What the Fangirl LGBTQ+ friendly

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2014, 02:18:41 PM »
I would go with specials. I actually prefer specials to series. I am more about the toy line with a minimal interest in the shows - cute extras but I could live without them. However, a special movie or featurette or similar would have been awesome. I would like to have seen adventure based stories :) Basically the G1 movie but with G2 ponies.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal