collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 97
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 7
  • Dot Users Online:

Author Topic: MLP Fair first timers!  (Read 836 times)

Offline Gusty365

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Captain Jack Pony
    • The MLP Series Resource
Re: MLP Fair first timers!
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2014, 06:36:47 PM »
I love how many first timers there are! Sarahlacewing has great advice, having a bag to put your purchases in is critical. I agree with a little haggling too and if you're looking to get a good deal on common ponies haggling towards the end of the day Sunday is a pretty good bet, a lot of people are more flexible on price since they might not want to drag everything back with them.

Make sure you participate in the activities! They're always loads of fun and there seem to be more every year.

This will be my 5th fair, although I haven't gone the last two years (08 Rhode Island, 09 Vegas, 10 Louisville, 11 Rhode Island part 2) and I'm really looking forward to getting back!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Click to go to the MLP Series Resource!

Offline Artsy Craftsy

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • Kirin-chan Cosplay
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2014, 10:44:32 PM »
Thanks everyone for the great suggestions! Like I said, I'll be working at a booth most of my time...but I really hope to get out and see everyone and I REALLY want Bonnie's Autograph!!!!!!! How hard is it to get one from her?

Offline Roogna

• Trade Count: (+593)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • http://roogna.deviantart.com
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2014, 10:58:33 PM »
Thanks everyone for the great suggestions! Like I said, I'll be working at a booth most of my time...but I really hope to get out and see everyone and I REALLY want Bonnie's Autograph!!!!!!! How hard is it to get one from her?

really easy! the schedule has several set times for autographs. You do have to purchase a ticket from the MLP Fair merch table in the vendor room to get an autograph, then just get in line in the autograph room when it's on the schedule.

DeviantArt Etsy

Offline MLPforever

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Like Fluffy Bottom Plush on Facebook!
    • Fluffy Bottom Plush
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2014, 10:58:43 PM »
Artsy, I believe they sell tickets to stand in line and get an autograph from her and the other guests. So no worries! You'll be able to get one.
Check out my etsy shop for beautiful handmade plush animals! Commission me for your own tiny MLP plushie! And please like Fluffy Bottom Plush on Facebook for special discounts and progress photos!

https://www.facebook.com/fluffybottomplush

Offline Artsy Craftsy

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • Kirin-chan Cosplay
« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2014, 11:33:42 PM »

really easy! the schedule has several set times for autographs. You do have to purchase a ticket from the MLP Fair merch table in the vendor room to get an autograph, then just get in line in the autograph room when it's on the schedule.

Artsy, I believe they sell tickets to stand in line and get an autograph from her and the other guests. So no worries! You'll be able to get one.

Thanks guys! Now to decide which pony to get signed... lol

Offline summerday

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Thanks Brightberry for my avatar!
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2014, 03:54:45 AM »
Last year was my first Fair. It was just my then 5 year old and me. I knew nobody and didn't talk much. I'm not comfortable around new people either. But, I decided that I did not ant to miss another one! So, my daughter and I recruited my Mom and my college roomie and her daughter. That's how awesome it was!

I wonder if there are some of the cheap crafty type things again this year. We made bracelets and decorated cupcake piggy banks. Each thing was only $3! What a great way to spend time together! I'm going to have to check the schedule again.

Oh, and find ways to earn tickets so you can participate in the official raffles. And vendors like Funrise may give out tickets. I had no idea about when and how they would call numbers. I don't think I figured it out until mid day Sunday. We ended up with their last prize: a giant Pinkie!

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2014, 04:28:38 AM »
Last year was my first Fair. It was just my then 5 year old and me. I knew nobody and didn't talk much. I'm not comfortable around new people either. But, I decided that I did not ant to miss another one! So, my daughter and I recruited my Mom and my college roomie and her daughter. That's how awesome it was!

I wonder if there are some of the cheap crafty type things again this year. We made bracelets and decorated cupcake piggy banks. Each thing was only $3! What a great way to spend time together! I'm going to have to check the schedule again.

Oh, and find ways to earn tickets so you can participate in the official raffles. And vendors like Funrise may give out tickets. I had no idea about when and how they would call numbers. I don't think I figured it out until mid day Sunday. We ended up with their last prize: a giant Pinkie!
[/quote

dont forget to coem see me i have that chococat for you

Offline summerday

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Thanks Brightberry for my avatar!
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2014, 04:33:58 AM »

[/quote

And Lulu Luck!

I want to meet you regardless of that anyway. And I picked up some things for Lady Starflower. She said y'all were sharing a table. Win win!

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2014, 04:50:35 AM »

[/quote

And Lulu Luck!

I want to meet you regardless of that anyway. And I picked up some things for Lady Starflower. She said y'all were sharing a table. Win win!

lol yeah!   we are ^^ look for the  really high booth  with stuff  jammed everywhere XD and it'll be nice to see ya!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal