collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: MLP Fair first timers!  (Read 832 times)

Offline Artsy Craftsy

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rockin Beat Pony
    • Kirin-chan Cosplay
MLP Fair first timers!
« on: July 09, 2014, 02:05:32 AM »
I'm sooo excited to be going for my first time EVER!!! I've been dreaming of this for so long x_x I'll be working...but I hope I can sneak away to see all the awesome booths and maybe a panel or 2!!!

I'll be dressed up as Grand Galloping Gala Pinkie Pie ^_^

Anyone else new? Anyone got any advice? Open for all of it!

edited title for content, thanks! -Spottedslug
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 05:47:47 AM by spottedslug »

Offline Raythebishie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Captain Jack Pony
Re:
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2014, 02:15:26 AM »
This is my 1st time as well. I am excited but rather scared too. I am really shy in person and I won't know anyone except my husband!
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 09:00:40 PM by spottedslug »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline lovelyjoan

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Smoozed Pony
Re:
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2014, 02:22:38 AM »
Last year was my first fair and everyone was really nice and even though there were a lot of people, everything ran really smoothly. There will be so much there that you want to buy that your wallet will cry. I came home with a trunkload of fun.

Participate in everything and talk to vendors about their stuff. Pony people are the best people.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 09:00:55 PM by spottedslug »

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+220)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
Re:
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2014, 03:15:01 AM »
You will be ok :) I have not been to one yet, but I bet everyone is nice. Might be a bad apple here and there. I hope to make it next year to the fair :) 
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 09:01:11 PM by spottedslug »

Offline shadowspell7

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Smoozed Pony
Re:
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2014, 04:30:54 AM »
It'll be my first fair too!  :lol: I couldn't be more excited and happy to go, but I'm also one of the shy types  :blush: I don't know anybody who shares my affinity for My Little Pony in the city I live in, so it'll be cool to get to know some pony people, I'm going to try my best to break out of my shy shell
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 09:01:21 PM by spottedslug »

Offline princessluna11706

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
Re:
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2014, 04:31:30 AM »
You all will have so much fun!  This is my second fair-and I can't wait <3
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 09:01:31 PM by spottedslug »

The original Princess Luna.

I'm on Instagram! http://instagram.com/kitarei1 :)

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
Re: MLP Fair first timers!
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2014, 05:58:59 AM »
this is my second fair! and    its so much fun.  some people ar wllign to haggle/ trade. and this year with people using paypl anad     cards you have more chance to get what ou want and  most people are nice!

Offline Sarahlacewing

• Mommy sparkle pony
  • Trade Count: (+87)
  • Rapunzel Pony
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2014, 06:03:54 AM »
Everyone is friendly.  There are a lot of activities to do. I'd say don't forget your wishlist. Don't be afraid to haggle (some folks price high just because they aren't sure what is fair so much of the time people can come down if the price they have is steep for the pony's condition. Don't forget to check out and vote for the contests!

The band can be pretty loud and most people sort of suspend their shopping during times when things get really busy (like during the costume parade when everyone is watching the contestants).

Bring something to carry your purchases in just in case. Most folks have plastic bags, you just don't want to have to run to your car every little while.

Shop around several people may have the same item so find the best price for the condition you are seeking.
I'm not really on here anymore. Email me if you need my for something.

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2014, 06:13:16 AM »
Everyone is friendly.  There are a lot of activities to do. I'd say don't forget your wishlist. Don't be afraid to haggle (some folks price high just because they aren't sure what is fair so much of the time people can come down if the price they have is steep for the pony's condition. Don't forget to check out and vote for the contests!

The band can be pretty loud and most people sort of suspend their shopping during times when things get really busy (like during the costume parade when everyone is watching the contestants).

Bring something to carry your purchases in just in case. Most folks have plastic bags, you just don't want to have to run to your car every little while.

Shop around several people may have the same item so find the best price for the condition you are seeking.

yeah! dont be afriad to haggle.   the worst soemone can tell you  is no. I  agree soem poeple    put things a little higher intending to come down. or   they just dont know.

Offline Jadis4742

• Trade Count: (+124)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
  • All the shy pose ponies, please!
    • Pretty Nerdy
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2014, 03:15:55 PM »
This isn't my first pony Fair (VA and MD, love you!) it'll be my third, but it's my first National Fair and will definitely be the biggest! I am so looking forward to hanging out with everyone!

Offline ashlite

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Colorswirl Pony
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2014, 03:22:22 PM »
This is my second pony fair and I'm excited to meet more people this time around! :) Last year I was a little timid, but this year I hope to participate in more activities!

Offline Elfpony

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+71)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2014, 03:27:08 PM »
You first timers will have a blast!  And don't worry about being shy, so many of us are shy it's a wonder the whole Fair isn't conducted in total silence!  XD

Have fun, take a look at the schedule so you don't miss something you really want to see, and if you can afford it, bring more money than you think you'll need - trust me, you'll need it.  ;P

Elf

Offline Prideth

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Rainbow Sparkle Pony Power!
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2014, 04:39:27 PM »
It will be my first time too, I'm quite excited!  I will be dressed as Pinkie Pie on saturday, so say "Hi" to all the Pies!  :lol:

Wishlist    Trade  Prideth Reference Sheet

Offline drusilla

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+91)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Got to love ponies
    • http://www.undead455.com
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2014, 05:27:19 PM »
this will be my 3rd fair so i am so glad more people can come for the 1st time. i remember when i went the first time and i was so amazed by everything going on.

i hope to meet you guys, i will be at booth 91 way down in the corner all by myself, please drop by

Offline MLPforever

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Like Fluffy Bottom Plush on Facebook!
    • Fluffy Bottom Plush
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2014, 06:27:36 PM »
I'm a fair first timer! I'll be dressed as G1 perfume puff pony daisy sweet!  If you're an arena member and you see me, feel free to step up and say hey! Love you all!  ^.^
Check out my etsy shop for beautiful handmade plush animals! Commission me for your own tiny MLP plushie! And please like Fluffy Bottom Plush on Facebook for special discounts and progress photos!

https://www.facebook.com/fluffybottomplush

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal