collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: questions  (Read 434 times)

Offline LunaDehligt

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • the fun has been doubled! :D I SO LOVE MY PERSONA!
    • View Profile
questions
« on: July 03, 2014, 08:41:36 AM »
I was thinking to start art commissions to those who like ti buy some art from me  :blush:
but i was wondering how it works can some one explain to me? :)

Online Griffin

• Trade Count: (+89)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • aka Haawan | she/her
    • View Profile
    • Haawan Pony Customs
Re: questions
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2014, 01:18:40 PM »
Well, your terms of service are up to you to decide. Like if you want your customers to pay before you start working, if they can request changes along the way, etc. It's often useful to have examples of everything you offer (levels of complexity, media, subject matter) and give approximate price ranges for each category, or even fixed prices if you like. People are more likely to contact you if they have some kind of idea of what they will be spending. 

You can fill in the form in the Commission Artist thread, that should cover the most important info. :)

I usually start by doing a sketch that I show to the commissioner, any changes they may want are easy to make at this point. If it was a pricey commission I would ask for part of the payment upon approval of the sketch, like I do with customs. For cheaper commissions I don't think it's necessary, but of course it never hurts to be consistent...

Good luck! 
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

deviantART | Haawan Pony Customs | Aithne reference
Avatar by FizzyScrumptious, signature by tailrustedtealeaf - thank you ♥

Offline LunaDehligt

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2014, 01:43:47 PM »
Well, your terms of service are up to you to decide. Like if you want your customers to pay before you start working, if they can request changes along the way, etc. It's often useful to have examples of everything you offer (levels of complexity, media, subject matter) and give approximate price ranges for each category, or even fixed prices if you like. People are more likely to contact you if they have some kind of idea of what they will be spending. 

You can fill in the form in the Commission Artist thread, that should cover the most important info. :)

I usually start by doing a sketch that I show to the commissioner, any changes they may want are easy to make at this point. If it was a pricey commission I would ask for part of the payment upon approval of the sketch, like I do with customs. For cheaper commissions I don't think it's necessary, but of course it never hurts to be consistent...

Good luck!

Thank you for the info :)
i just wonder am i old fashion if i like to only draw on paper? it was that kind of commissions i would like to do :O

Offline Pheasant

• She's a daydreamer
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+32)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2014, 02:15:41 PM »

Good luck!

i just wonder am i old fashion if i like to only draw on paper? it was that kind of commissions i would like to do :O

Traditional media isn't old fashioned or worse than digital, but scanners have a tendency to wash-out your colors or shading, making it more difficult to sell online. There are several tutorials and tips online for scanning in traditional art without losing its appeal.

EDIT: If you have a photo-editing program that supports layers, duplicate the scanned image and set it to Overlay, than adjust opacity as nessecary to improve the quality of your traditional art. :)
Mimic on MLPTP

Offline LunaDehligt

• Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2014, 02:28:59 PM »

Good luck!

Traditional media isn't old fashioned or worse than digital, but scanners have a tendency to wash-out your colors or shading, making it more difficult to sell online. There are several tutorials and tips online for scanning in traditional art without losing its appeal.

EDIT: If you have a photo-editing program that supports layers, duplicate the scanned image and set it to Overlay, than adjust opacity as nessecary to improve the quality of your traditional art. :)

okay then i have to find a scaner xD and see how to fix it ;)
and i have never drawn on computer before,

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal