collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: (It's over)Toywiz, you have broke my heart on my birthday.  (Read 1456 times)

Offline MaronaPossessed

• The Good Troll on the Internet
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • ...Because the internet needs more of these
    • View Profile
(It's over)Toywiz, you have broke my heart on my birthday.
« on: June 21, 2014, 01:59:45 PM »
I came back today and got a package from Toywiz: My blind bag box! When I opened the box...

http://i59.tinypic.com/jhwis9.jpg
http://i59.tinypic.com/oa7p1y.jpg
http://i57.tinypic.com/50ll4.jpg

The people who packaged this should have known well the contents were damaged already. I took a peek through that hole and it seemed like the box was smashed. I couldn't open it because I knew it it would affect the return policy.

I sent an email and demanded a free shipping return, and getting a non-damaged version.. This is the first time I've ever experienced something like this from a trusted company.

My birthday was going well today...no worries...and now... :cry:
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 07:08:56 AM by MaronaPossessed »
G4 Blind Bag Extraordinaire

Offline Azteca

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
  • I like birbs
    • View Profile
Re: Toywiz, you have broke my heart on my birthday.
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2014, 02:20:05 PM »
ugh its not a pretty scene. Sorry about that hon, hope everything goes okay  :sad:

Offline MaronaPossessed

• View Profile
Re: (Update#1)Toywiz, you have broke my heart on my birthday.
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2014, 09:03:04 AM »
Email update

Dear Valued Customer,

Unless otherwise specified, we ship all products new in sealed packaging (commonly termed MISB, "Mint in Sealed Box" condition). Contents are guaranteed mint upon receipt. We do not guarantee against shelf wear or minor damage to packaging during shipping. Returns based on condition of packaging are covered by our standard return policy and subject to a restocking fee. In cases of major damage to packaging, we will specify condition in the item's description or contact the customer for approval before shipment.

Please visit our website with the link provided to view our policies: ToyWiz Mint Condition Policy.

In this case because you notified us before actually opening the packaging, if any of the items are damages we can send you replacement as we have insurance to cover them.

If you would like a full replacement item you would have to ship the item back to us and also pay for the return shipping of the new item to you as well. Im sorry for any inconvenience this may be causing you.

I sure feel like a valued customer since I have to pay return shipping>_>

My response:

Okay how do I return it to you guys? What form to use? Also I feel it is not fair to pay for return shipping. I paid for the item. I understand I have to pay shipping in order to get the item, but why should I have to pay return shipping for a damaged item? It is the employee's fault, not mine, for sending me a damaged product.

EDIT: Response from them:
Dear Valued Customer

The items themselves are not damaged the outside box looks like it was damages during shipment. As stated in the previous email we do not guarantee mint packaging only mint product. I have included the return form in the email.

Thank You|jewels
Toywiz.com

:shocked:

My response

Fine. I will pay the return shipping. But If I receive another item, or the same item like this, I will refuse to do business ever again and I will spread the word about this incident.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 09:47:19 AM by MaronaPossessed »

Offline STLGusty

• Hockey Pony
  • Trade Count: (+23)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
Re: (Update#2)Toywiz, you have broke my heart on my birthday.
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2014, 10:31:17 AM »
Honestly, Marona, I would not at all agree to pay return shipping and definitely not any crazy "restocking fee."  You said the box (from what you could see inside) was smashed (or at least, "not mint," correct?)...  You paid for a "Mint in sealed box" conditioned item.  As a collector, part of the item you purchased was the box.  (Some parents who buy them for children may not care, but collectors do.)

If you haven't yet shipped out the item, I would respond with something like this:

"Upon further consideration and review of your return policy, I believe I received a damaged item that should be covered in full by your return policy.  When I purchased this item, I purchased it with full intention of keeping the toys mint in box; therefore, part of my item is damaged (ie, the collector's box), as it is more damage than just a small dent or scuff.  I have no problem shipping this damaged item back to you; however, I will only do so upon a pre-paid shipping label from you or other likewise reimbursement for shipping.  While I have always had good impressions of Toywiz, this transaction and lack of customer support is truly making me second guess these initial impressions.  If you are unable to authorize this transaction, please forward this conversation onto the next level of management.  Thank you."

Now, the policy DOES say something about calling ahead if you are a collector seeking pristine packaging...but we are going to ignore that right now, lol.  Did it say anythign about that during the ordering process?  If not, we can probably get you around that little loophole haha.

Sorry you're having to go throught his.

Offline MaronaPossessed

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2014, 10:41:42 AM »
Honestly, Marona, I would not at all agree to pay return shipping and definitely not any crazy "restocking fee."  You said the box (from what you could see inside) was smashed (or at least, "not mint," correct?)...  You paid for a "Mint in sealed box" conditioned item.  As a collector, part of the item you purchased was the box.  (Some parents who buy them for children may not care, but collectors do.)

If you haven't yet shipped out the item, I would respond with something like this:

"Upon further consideration and review of your return policy, I believe I received a damaged item that should be covered in full by your return policy.  When I purchased this item, I purchased it with full intention of keeping the toys mint in box; therefore, part of my item is damaged (ie, the collector's box), as it is more damage than just a small dent or scuff.  I have no problem shipping this damaged item back to you; however, I will only do so upon a pre-paid shipping label from you or other likewise reimbursement for shipping.  While I have always had good impressions of Toywiz, this transaction and lack of customer support is truly making me second guess these initial impressions.  If you are unable to authorize this transaction, please forward this conversation onto the next level of management.  Thank you."

Now, the policy DOES say something about calling ahead if you are a collector seeking pristine packaging...but we are going to ignore that right now, lol.  Did it say anythign about that during the ordering process?  If not, we can probably get you around that little loophole haha.

Sorry you're having to go throught his.
My dad is able to ship it for free...but that still doesn't cover what Toywiz did to me. I don't think that paragraph would do anything to Toywiz. In the order form, I left a negative message for them saying that if they send me a box in the condition like that, then I will file a claim for a full refund and take my business elsewhere.

EDIT: Sent a response though saying I refuse to pay the restocking fee, and saying that I thought they had high values for customer satisfaction, but it's fraud.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 10:46:21 AM by MaronaPossessed »

Online lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2014, 05:12:46 PM »
If you paid with a credit card, at this point I would call Visa/MasterCard/AmericanExpress/whomever and let them know what's going on.  If a seller doesn't honor the sale of a product as advertised (which would include the MINT in box with pristine packaging), the card company can force the refund.  To have sold you a different product than advertised is fraud. 
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline STLGusty

• Hockey Pony
  • Trade Count: (+23)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2014, 07:01:01 PM »
I'd also suggest contacting the Better Business Bureau!  I noticed they had about 5 complaints filed with them already against Toywiz.com.  It doesn't seem like they care by the responses recorded with the BBB between the complaintants and the company, but it's worth a shot.  I can't stand companies that take advantage of consumers.

Offline MaronaPossessed

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2014, 06:07:05 AM »
If you paid with a credit card, at this point I would call Visa/MasterCard/AmericanExpress/whomever and let them know what's going on.  If a seller doesn't honor the sale of a product as advertised (which would include the MINT in box with pristine packaging), the card company can force the refund.  To have sold you a different product than advertised is fraud.
I have paid with paypal as debit option:(

I'd also suggest contacting the Better Business Bureau!  I noticed they had about 5 complaints filed with them already against Toywiz.com.  It doesn't seem like they care by the responses recorded with the BBB between the complaintants and the company, but it's worth a shot.  I can't stand companies that take advantage of consumers.
I should. After this is over, I will.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2014, 12:27:33 PM »
Not my favourite retailer :( I always find ToyWiz a bit eyebrow raising. And for a website that has a large collector market base, to ship something in poor packaging is disappointing.

Restocking fees are illegal here in the UK but I believe they are illegal only in a handful of US states. :( However, in those states where restocking is not chargeable I think it may only protect against wrong/damaged returns. A restocking fee should really only cover any actual cost to the retailer and not be some made up value. Check out sites like this http://www.consumerprotectionlawfirms.com/resources/consumer-protection/consumer-complaints/illegal-restocking-fees.htm - which have some information and stick to your guns on it. Paying for postage return is one thing - unfortunately if they dont guarantee the packaging within their terms & conditions, its hard to argue the shipping return, but unless you were aware of the restocking fee [i.e. declared within their t&cs] then you should not be liable for it.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2014, 10:46:38 AM »
I'm assuming this is a sealed box of Blind Bags? Not that it really matters...their damage policy should cover the BOX of the BB's, not just the stuff within the MLP box itself. You purchased a BOX of BB's...therefore the box is the product, not just the blind bags inside. If their policy states mint in box, then the MLP box itself should be mint in box.

And i wouldn't call that "minor shelf wear" or "minor damage through shipping" either. This was obviously the fault of the employee at the company and not anyything that happened in transit. It doesn't matter that you didn't use a credit card...you can open a PayPal dispute no matter, and if they give you a hard time I'd do just that.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 10:50:11 AM by SeashellnBubbles »

Offline MaronaPossessed

• View Profile
Re: (It's over)Toywiz, you have broke my heart on my birthday.
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2014, 07:09:56 AM »
I just got the email in today. I specifically stated I wanted another box. Guess what?

They sent me a partial refund. They stole 16 bucks out of my entire purchase :mad:

That's it. I can't deal with them anymore.

I advise no one, I mean NO ONE, to deal with Toywiz. You're gonna go through the same thing like me if they do something wrong.

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2014, 07:42:17 AM »
I just got the email in today. I specifically stated I wanted another box. Guess what?

They sent me a partial refund. They stole 16 bucks out of my entire purchase :mad:

That's it. I can't deal with them anymore.

I advise no one, I mean NO ONE, to deal with Toywiz. You're gonna go through the same thing like me if they do something wrong.

You have the option of refusing the refund. They're just trying to buy you off and get you to shut up. If you accept the $16, then you're giving up any other route of dealing with this...by refusing, you'll still leave those avenues open. I'd return the money, and write them that you didn't ask for a partial refund (which is probably more than shipping a new product!!) And that you want a replacement product as well as a shipping package to return the one you already have as stated in their returns policy. I'd still open a dispute with PayPal as well to get them to take care of this properly. It's starting to get ridiculous now.

Offline kakenterprise

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2014, 07:51:38 AM »
Honestly at this point I'd file with Paypal.  They don't want to work with you and they're trying to stick you, so it can't hurt.

Offline MaronaPossessed

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2014, 08:18:44 AM »
They said they haven't anymore in stock. It's just 16 dollars...
Edit: They refunded me 6.68. So basically I didn't have to pay the restock fee in the end. I'm okay with that:)
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 09:31:00 AM by MaronaPossessed »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal