collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Suspicious South African seashell auction - ebay seller crownparke  (Read 3881 times)

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Staff
  • Trade Count: (+452)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
    • Etsy ~ Shadow on the Moon
Re: Suspicious South African seashell auction
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2014, 04:58:56 AM »
OK I have found the original listing on bidorbuy.

http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/item/127707734/NOW_HERE_I_THINK_I_HAVE_A_VERY_VERY_VERY_RARE_MY_LITTLE_PONY_A_REAL_MY_LITTLE_PONY_FIND.html

The images have been taken and were used in BOTH of these auctions, the first and this latest one.

Love pkw xxx
RedBubble Etsy Instagram Facebook

Get 10% off your order from my Etsy shop with the code MLPARENA10

Offline Ember1

• Trade Count: (+81)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2014, 05:11:25 AM »
I know the person that won the bidorbuy seashell so they are advertising a false auction on ebay.
Andre's Sunsparkler Hybrid Proto
"Love is the only truly immortal thing in this world, and if we can learn to love
unconditionally, than it is possible to break down the barriers of death itself."

Offline SFlame

• Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+123)
  • Dabbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2014, 05:25:10 AM »
They need reporting big time, all those poor people bidding on expensive items

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Staff
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2014, 05:59:50 AM »
I know the person that won the bidorbuy seashell so they are advertising a false auction on ebay.

That is even more evidence!

love pkw xxx

baby_yoyo

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2014, 12:35:56 AM »
I cannot believe its the same person with the same fake photos  :shocked: has anybody contacted ebay?

Offline Silversnow

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+169)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Piggy Lover
    • View Profile
    • https://www.ebay.com/usr/snowauryn
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2014, 03:49:51 PM »
Do we know what happened?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Piggy for sale? Please contact me!

Offline Sarah-Bee

• Alice Cooper's Minion Pony
  • Trade Count: (+163)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2014, 02:09:24 AM »
I was also offered this pony. The seller said that he had offered it to several people to try to sell her and has since sold to the original buyer in the USA who he says now has three of these SA Seashells? Not sure about that but wanted to tell you all he now says SHE IS SOLD so don't go buying her as you won't get her xx

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Staff
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2014, 07:53:33 AM »
I was also offered this pony. The seller said that he had offered it to several people to try to sell her and has since sold to the original buyer in the USA who he says now has three of these SA Seashells? Not sure about that but wanted to tell you all he now says SHE IS SOLD so don't go buying her as you won't get her xx

It is all pony manure! The more I read the more I think the behaviour is shocking. I am still inclined to believe there was no pony in the first place.

Love pkw xxx

Offline tootie_tails

• Trade Count: (+38)
  • Twinkle Eye Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2014, 01:22:16 AM »
I have been following this saga, waiting for evidence that the first seller was a scammer (the first one of the two ebay sellers that is). I kept checking back at their feedback and listings to see if anything came up but for a long time there was just no activity at all, no selling, no feedback updates. So they are now no longer registered..? Has it been confirmed that the first and second ebay seller are the same person? I agree the pattern is very suspicious. I wonder if all those porcelein buyers got their items.
-

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Staff
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2014, 05:36:08 AM »
That auction was ended early by the seller and the seller is NLARU under that name.

If you read the first page of this thread there are links to the previous thread about that auction and the evidence is listed which proves it's the same pony and the same seller :)

Love pkw xxx

Offline aniko79

• No Transactions
  • Trade Count: (+42)
  • So Soft Pony
  • just fallen in love with Takara Ponies
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2014, 09:46:00 AM »
I would like to shed light onto that matter, after a long time of consideration if I would like to make this Public or not. I have won this pony of the original auction on the south african Website and I got her 3 weeks after the auction ended. Everything went good and I was glad because it was a really expensive Pony. I also noticed that somebody else was trying to sell my pony shortly after the original auction and told my seller that somebody else has stolen her photos and is now trying to sell the same pony with her photos. We contacted both Ebay and Bidorbuy on behalf of this matter. There is for sure no pony because this south african Seashell is in my collection in Switzerland and not in the UK and she is not for sale at this point of time. Be aware, this seller is a scammer!
[USER IS BANNED FROM ALL TRANSACTIONS ON MLP ARENA - Site Admin]

Keetchino

« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2014, 12:22:45 PM »
Oh boy, I just saw this thread and I was the winning buyer from, I believe, the auction in question. Needless to say I am now HUGELY concerned  :cry: Supposedly the "pony" is in the mail and should be here by end of the week, but from the looks of it my hopes are falling. I will keep you updated on what happens but looks like I'm going to have to start contacting both ebay and paypal shortly  :mad:

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Staff
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2014, 12:39:57 PM »
Aniko ~ I had a funny feeling the original pony that was on bidorbuy was the one you own ^.^ Thank you for letting us know you own that pony and that you contacted ebay (along with the seller on bidorbuy) about the pictures.

Keetchino ~ welcome to the arena! Are you able to give us any more details, such as the sellers user name? Is the pony being sent to you via  International tracked and insured? If so do you have the tracking number?

Love pkw xxx

Keetchino

« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2014, 12:48:39 PM »
Seller's Ebay name was "Crownparke". Name he communicated with was "Dale [real name removed*]". Tracking number was with Royal Mail #RJ832887249GB. Tried to track and an error message would come up, saying they had not received info yet. Didn't try to think much of it as that had occurred in another transaction but I received the pony just fine. He only communicated through my gmail account, not ebay, and used [email protected], however I just tried to send a message and it stated that the email account no longer existed. Definitely looking like I got scammed. Anyone know how to send ebay a message regarding possible fraudulent activity? It says the pony should be here by Thursday so I don't want to officially report anything till at least then, but I'd like to give them a heads up so they can maybe start looking into it now.

[*we dont allow real names to be posted on the forums even in cases such as this ~ many thanks @ hathorcat]
« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 12:15:10 PM by hathorcat »

Offline pinkkittywinks

• Staff
  • Princess Kittywinks
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2014, 12:53:11 PM »
Thank you for sharing that information :hug:

That's the seller!

The service being used is safe, I am glad to hear it is not regular mail! With international sign for it is not tracked, but you do sign for it when it arrives (I think!) RM changed the service not too long ago so I think that is right, I could be getting it mixed up though :blush:

I am having everything crossed that it works out for you.

I suggest if it goes wrong go through eBay/Paypal to report them.

Love pkw xxx

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal