collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Do you need help from someone in another country?  (Read 25950 times)

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
Do you need help from someone in another country?
« on: June 14, 2014, 06:40:17 AM »
There have been a few times on eBay where I (and apparently, others) have sought help to get something on auction because the seller won't ship to my country. Because it's a little uncomfortable to ask random people for help sometimes, I thought maybe I could start a thread where people can volunteer to be of assistance in these situations!
If you'd like to help, just post what country you're from and any limitations you might have (such as not owning a car, so unable to pick up larger objects)
If, at some time in the future, something comes up and you can't assist, just come back and note on your post "presently unavailable" or something else simple and the date  to let people know. You can either post just the general country or the city, county, state, province (such as Germany, or Hamburg Germany) and area where you can help, whichever you're more comfortable with. Even if your country already has someone volunteering, put your name in anyway! The more people, the better our chances of getting that special something that would normally be out of reach! So I'll start:

Canada, Ontario. Available

And that's it!
Thank you to anyone who can join in :hug:
« Last Edit: July 04, 2014, 12:48:45 PM by SeashellnBubbles »

Offline dashesndots

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
    • My facebook Art page
Re: Do you want to help people in other countries?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2014, 07:02:12 AM »
I'm in New Hampshire, United States.  Available.

---------------------------------------------------------------
I've done this several times for a member here already - check out my feedback.  I prefer to do only straight-up forwarding eBay purchases or other purchases, nothing too large or bulky.

In the last year I've successfully shipped to Canada, the UK, Germany, the Netherlands, Finland, Australia and New Zealand.

If you want my help, you must PM me!  I don't check this thread.  I prefer just to do forwarding, I'd rather you pay for the item yourself and then have it shipped to me. 
« Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 09:38:42 AM by dashesndots »

Offline himmie

• Trade Count: (+137)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Need More Boy Ponies
    • View Profile
    • Himmie's Collection
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2014, 08:09:57 AM »
I have helped with a variety of things before. And also received help from some lovely members here! :heart:

Wisconsin. United States. Almost always available. :)
WTB: MOC and Nirvana Boy Ponies
My Collection | Want List | eBay Store

Offline shimmlight

• Saviour of all Cowkind
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Moo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2014, 08:39:54 AM »
Ah you did it! I'm usually available, I'm in England, UK  :)
« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 08:42:42 AM by shimmlight »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

:rainbow: Wantlist :rainbow: eBay Listings :rainbow: Arena Sales :rainbow:

Taxandria

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2014, 12:49:59 PM »
When I was in Quebec I used a mail center in Champlain NY to receive packages due to the exorbitant shipping fees to Canada (sometimes they would charge $50 to ship something worth $20!!!) It was called Border Mail Depot and it went through the Kinek network. If you're close enough to a border you can check their website and see if they have any locations that are convenient. Now it took us an hour to drive from Montreal to Champlain but we did some extra shopping to make the trip worth doing.

Otherwise, what kind of help would be needed? I'm in Texas -- would I just need to have something sent to me and then resend it? How does that work?

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2014, 02:34:33 PM »
When I was in Quebec I used a mail center in Champlain NY to receive packages due to the exorbitant shipping fees to Canada (sometimes they would charge $50 to ship something worth $20!!!) It was called Border Mail Depot and it went through the Kinek network. If you're close enough to a border you can check their website and see if they have any locations that are convenient. Now it took us an hour to drive from Montreal to Champlain but we did some extra shopping to make the trip worth doing.

Otherwise, what kind of help would be needed? I'm in Texas -- would I just need to have something sent to me and then resend it? How does that work?

There are a few different ways people can help:
1) Seller won't ship out of country - the buyer from another country tells the assistant what their max bid is...say, "I want to bid on such-and-such, but cap it at $25" it'll be up to the assistant to bid however they choose as long as they don't go over the specified limit.
2) Hub effect - a buyer from another country wants a variety of items but doesn't want them shipped individually because of cost...it's more cost-effective to ship in one or two parcels. The assistant would receive the items, then ship however specified. This one can get tricky, so make sure you're good at communicating and are organized enough to get all the packages together and not forget. It'd be up to the buyer as to whether they want the assistant to open the packages and repack in a larger box, or just pack all the little boxes into a larger box.
3) The buyer uses the assistant's address as their own shipping address - this is probably the easiest of the three I've listed so far. The name on the package would be "Buyer's Name C/O (care of) Assistant's name" and then the assistant's address. When the package arrives at the assistant's address, they forward it on to the buyer. This way the assistant doesn't have to take the risk of purchasing something with their own money...the buyer pays just as they would when they win a normal auction. The only difference is that the buyer will have to reimburse the assistant before shipping can occur. The assistant has a lot of control in this situation, so again, communication and trust are paramount. This one is also good because it leaves bidding in the hands of the buyer, so if they decide to go over budget they can do so! Just be sure to include the C/O, or the assisstant might have problems picking up a package that has their address but not their name! VERY IMPORTANT for legal reasons as well.
I'm sure there are other ways to help, but I'm positively exhausted and will try to add to this when i'm better rested :)
« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 09:10:21 PM by SeashellnBubbles »

Offline xeevee

• Trade Count: (+159)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://x-eevee.deviantart.com
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2014, 05:21:53 PM »
**unable to help for the remainder of 2015.  Too many international moves happening**
« Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 03:54:28 PM by xeevee »

Offline nhal039

• Trade Count: (+171)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2014, 09:17:20 PM »
I am in New Zealand and I can help :) We really lack ponies thou but if you do find something give me a yell

Offline emery

• Dr. Quinn, Medicine Pony
  • Trade Count: (+488)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • emery's emporium - My Little Ponies & other toys for sale
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2014, 06:52:05 AM »
Yep! I have helped many people with packages and been helped many times by others and I am happy to continue doing so :)

I'm in the USA - Illinois

My Little Ponies and other toys for sale on....
Facebook @EmerysVintageEmporium
Instagram @emerys_emporium

Offline cassstorm

• Cheeky Monkey Pony Genie
  • Trade Count: (+442)
  • Scribbles Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2014, 09:11:08 AM »
Me too! I am in Ohio, USA

Offline Miss_Pompon

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2014, 12:28:20 PM »
Paris France.

I don't check my messages every day so nothing urgent and I don't have a car so nothing too bulky either :)

NOT AVAILABLE
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 05:08:58 AM by Miss_Pompon »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Made by LordBlumiere, thank you so much

My Want List

Offline ashlyne

• Arena Supporter
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2014, 02:00:33 PM »
Indiana, USA. Available and happy to help ;)     

Willing to do international shipments if your reputation is in good standing.   I've helped out some collectors in the past, and many were kind enough to help me out.   I have a car, and the post office is just down the street. 

chihua2

« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2014, 06:28:28 AM »
Am in Singapore, happy to help! :)

Offline Baby Mischief

• Trade Count: (+69)
  • Dazzle Surprise
  • Liberae sunt nostrae cogitationes
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2014, 08:23:41 AM »
I am in Sweden and are happy to help! I can bid on auctions, recieve and send mail! ^.^

UnicornCandy

« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2014, 08:32:15 AM »
I'm always happy to help! :D
Everyone; and anyone! :)

I'm from the UK - & Helped a few people out already from the US, Sweden etc!
From simple things from eBay, or into going to stores!
I've also had help from people from the US for eBay items!

I give alot of help out; offer where I can, because it genuinally makes me happy, to help others - to make them happy! :D

<3

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal