collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: UPDATED Nov 25: Sunshine29102's Custom Ponies: G1 to G4 Fashion Style MEDLEY  (Read 4471 times)

sunshine29102

• Trade Count: (0)
* Rather than posting individual threads for each of my customs, I decided to do one thread and just
update it as I go/complete my projects. *

UPDATED November 25, 2014
So today I finished up my custom pony for my partner in the Horns & Skulls Swap.  I can't show pics yet, since my partner needs to receive her first.  I hope she likes the custom pony I made for her.

But, I DID realize it's been a super long time since I last posted pics of a finished custom.  That's due to the fact that I haven't actually COMPLETED a custom pony in quite a while since work has been keeping me busy.  Also, laziness... Enough said.  And I was procrastinating waiting for Dollyhair.com to restock colors before placing an order. 

I finished this girl today.  She was one of my most favorite G1 ponies from my childhood.  Probably because she's my favorite color -- green.  And also, because who doesn't love glitter?!?!  Medley and Firefly were two of my take-everywhere ponies!  I also finished up a G1 to G4 Firefly, but apparently forgot to take pics of her.  Here's Medley...
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

And here she is with Firefly, before they got their hair rooted. 

And this girl is a G1 who holds a special place in my heart.  She's awaiting her sculpted symbols, but I finally have hair and tinsel for her.  Looking forward to finishing her up and displaying her with the army.  Any guesses on who she might be?

And I think my next G1 to G4 custom ponies will be my other childhood favorites:  Gusty, Glory, Moondancer, and Surpise.  Surprise will probably be first, because I'm really itching to use the Electric Banana haircolor again.  I don't know why. 

Any thoughts or suggestions?

I also have a sculpted LOZ "Epona" and a Sweetheart Sister mold "The Last Unicorn" to finish painting.  Not to mention an almost completed Michonne (The Walking Dead) pony to go with my Merle, Daryl and Andrea customs I did earlier this year.  Would love to finish all of these up by the end of the year so I can start on some other projects that I probably won't finish for months.   :blush:

Thanks again for looking, y'all!

And, in OLDER News...
Updated 9/3/14
Nothing much to update here today, but I did finish rehairing a fashion style Rainbow Dash in the full set of 6 show accurate colors.  Finished baking two other sculpts and about to begin another fashion style custom or two.  Thanks for looking! :)

Rainbow Dash with Show Accurate Hair Colors
Forgive my really bad camera phone pics...  It's a little hard to see the individual colors, as they blend when the hair's been brushed.  Also, this FS 'bait' had the absolute WORST uneven factory plug pattern I've ever seen.  I think whoever operated the hole-punching machine that day was intoxicated...
Spoiler

Updated 8/21/14
Custom G1 as "My Pretty Pony"
Spoiler
So, I had an extra hank of dollyhair in "Goldilocks" lying around after I rehaired the My Pretty Pony I have in my collection.  And I thought maybe I should make a smaller, G1 version since I had only one hank of hair left anyway and I haven't customized a G1 as of yet.  This was my first time customizing a G1 pony, and she's nothing fancy -- just a regular old FBR and rehair.  I think she turned out alright, but she's not really on my "Favorites" list of customs I've created.  I would consider selling her, if anyone is interested.  Just make me an offer. :)
SOLD - Thanks to starrwolff -- you're my very first MLP custom sale ever!!! :hug:

Additional pics in spoiler...
Spoiler

*Updated 7/23/14*
A quick WIP update
Spoiler
Work's been keeping me super busy lately, so I've got a lot of projects still in progress.  I've also had to order some new rooting and poker needles from the lovely Barbed Dragon, as well as wait on an order from Dollyhair.com to arrive. 

Here's a quick shot of all my current WIPs.

* So, I'm still working on "Andrea" and "Michonne" sculpted Fashion Style G4 ponies to go along with my Daryl and Merle ponies. Just need to finish up their paint jobs and seal them. Here's a rather uninteresting pic of them in progress.

* Also still working on my G1 to G4 Medley. Just need to root/glue her mane and she'll be all done.

* Still working on a sculpted "The Last Unicorn" custom on a G1 Sweetheart Sister base.  She's been sculpted, baked and basecoated.  Just needs some paiting done.  Not particularly proud of her, but oh well... Will post some pics when I finish her up.

* Waiting on my bait condition Collector's Pose pony to arrive for another custom project I've been thinking of. More to come soon!

* Oh, and then I've got a custom rehair project to make this G4 girl's mane and tail show accurate.  Here's a sneak peek.
THANKS FOR LOOKING! :D

*Updated 6/30/14*
Please click the spoiler for updates/pics.
Spoiler
I somehow managed to get six days off from work (without asking - I might add!), and I've been busy doing some stress releiving pony customization.  While I've been waiting for the hair to arrive for my my G1-G4 Firefly and Medley, I decided to do the sculptwork on my other two customs. To go along with the custom Daryl and Merle Dixon ponies I did, I've now made two more characters from "The Walking Dead" -- Michonne and Andrea.  They're fresh out of the oven, and are now cooling and awaiting paint jobs. 

Here's a WIP sneak peak...

*UPDATED 6/27/14*
Please click the spoiler for some updates and WIP pics. :D
Spoiler
Paint and glitter is finished on these two childhood favorites of mine. Just waiting on their hair to arrive.

Thinking of doing Gusty, Glory, Moondancer, Seashell and Bubbles next. Also want to do Cotton Candy, Minty and the other collector ponies as well.

Here's an update/WIP pics of my G1 to G4 Firefly & Medley Fashion Style customs.
Spoiler
I know many people have already done custom G1 to G4 ponies, but I'm  digging the G1 to G4 concept.  There are so many G1 ponies I'd love to see in G4 style.  While she's not entirely an original inspiration so to speak, she's certainly one of my childhood favorites.

She's currently awaiting glitter to her symbol (along with a bit of touching up on it) and some pretty blue hair I just ordered from dollyhair.com.  Any guesses on who she is? LOL
« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 02:03:59 PM by sunshine29102 »

Offline UrocyonFox

• Zombie BBE Pony
  • Trade Count: (+142)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Urocyonfox's Artwork
Re: Sunshine29102's Custom Ponies Thread
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2014, 10:21:27 AM »
ha ha that boy thread was meeee

Cute custom, I love generation swaps

sunshine29102

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2014, 10:35:20 AM »
ha ha that boy thread was meeee

Cute custom, I love generation swaps

Haha! I couldn't remember who posted it but now I know. :) lol

Offline Prideth

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Rainbow Sparkle Pony Power!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2014, 10:57:31 AM »
Can't wait to see more!

You're right, she does make me think of a boy, it's definitely the colors.   :biggrin:  But the G4 is unmistakably a GIRL!  Nice work!

Wishlist    Trade  Prideth Reference Sheet

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2014, 11:51:09 AM »
Very cute!

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

sunshine29102

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2014, 12:26:35 PM »
And here are a few pics of past works.  I only just started customizing ponies this year. Looking forward to doing some of the projects on my to do list!

The Dixon Brothers from AMC's The Walking Dead
Spoiler

Fashion Style G1 Twinkle Eyed Mimic
Spoiler

Princess Celestia & Princess Luna in Show-Accurate Colors
Spoiler

G1 to G4 Fashion Style Sunbeam
Spoiler

« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 10:24:15 AM by sunshine29102 »

Offline SunPony

• Trade Count: (+49)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2014, 01:02:09 PM »
Oooo, Sunbeam is prettyyyyyy :D  I think her hair looks nice as it is <.<
Thanks to Shimmlight for the new avatar image  :biggrin:

sunshine29102

Re: Sunshine29102\\\'s Custom Ponies Thread
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2014, 03:51:14 PM »
Oooo, Sunbeam is prettyyyyyy :D  I think her hair looks nice as it is <.<

Thanks so much! I really love her colors and I must admit, glittering the symbol was super-fun. I love glitter. :)

Post Merge: June 12, 2014, 03:51:36 PM

Very cute!

Thank you! :)

Post Merge: June 12, 2014, 03:53:05 PM

Can't wait to see more!

You're right, she does make me think of a boy, it's definitely the colors.   :biggrin:  But the G4 is unmistakably a GIRL!  Nice work!

Thanks, for all these years I thought it was just me that saw Sunbeam as a guy.  I might make an unmistakably a boy version, too.  Lol.  Maybe "Big Brother Sunbeam'... :D
« Last Edit: June 12, 2014, 03:53:05 PM by sunshine29102 »

Offline elish2

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • As you Wish
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2014, 06:49:57 PM »
Oh very pretty!
elish22 | eBay
Thanks Kissthethunder for my Avatar!

Offline Saja

• Peacock Queen
  • Trade Count: (+325)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2014, 07:16:13 PM »
LOVE!!
Wish list : http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,318839.0.html
See my work on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/saja.navajo Also rehairs and customs for sale in sales album on FB and also and Etsy Store https://www.etsy.com/shop/SajasCreations

sunshine29102

« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2014, 08:11:26 PM »

Offline TexasGal

• Cupcake Pony
  • Trade Count: (+158)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Pickle barrel kumquat cherrychanga!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2014, 03:50:09 PM »
Love this!

sunshine29102

« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2014, 05:59:04 PM »

sunshine29102

Re: Sunshine29102's Custom Ponies Thread - UPDATED 6/24/14
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2014, 07:50:24 PM »
:bump: for new project in the first post.

Offline Saja

• Peacock Queen
  • Trade Count: (+325)
  • G3 Rosey Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Sunshine29102's Custom Ponies Thread - UPDATED 6/24/14
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2014, 08:09:43 PM »
Love the wing style!
Wish list : http://mlparena.com/mlp/index.php/topic,318839.0.html
See my work on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/saja.navajo Also rehairs and customs for sale in sales album on FB and also and Etsy Store https://www.etsy.com/shop/SajasCreations

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal