collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Your own pony renames  (Read 1719 times)

Offline Bekuno

• Starstruck
  • Trade Count: (+10)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Space Pony Enthusiast.
    • View Profile
    • Art Website
Re: Your own pony renames
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2014, 09:27:28 PM »
While it's not mine, my friend has called Fluttershy 'Shutterfly' so many times that we both just accept it and call her that lol.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
Avatar was drawn by tumblr user Yomirs, sig by LordBlumiere and Sweetpop!  :heart:

Offline ponyqueen

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "My, Earth really is full of things." -King of All
    • View Profile
    • Etsy
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2014, 03:36:21 AM »
I'm more amazing by the number of pony names that we had right :P, but Cool Breeze was simply "Palm". I don't know how we had every other name right but one!

:heart: Did I forget to leave feedback? Please pm me! :heart:

Offline Artemesia's Garden

• Trade Count: (+26)
  • MIB Rapunzel Pony
  • Flicker Flame... Thanks to Brightberry!
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2014, 09:18:51 AM »
My sister and I called Daddy Bright Bouquet "Blueheart".  He was the polygamous daddy of the herd because we had no other boys!

Blueheart! I really like that. Noted  :)
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline NoPonySpecial

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Beyond the last visible dog, you will see infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2014, 10:35:12 AM »
Tootsie's name in my heard is Edward, because the previous owner drew the most perfect "E" under one of his hooves. She might have been using a Times New Roman font as a reference. I was impressed, so I wanted to give him a fancy "E" name, and Edward is the first thing that came to my head.

I also call Bunny Hop the name Magic Hat instead, even though Mggic Hat is a completely different official pony... I just like it better! Bunny Hop sounds kind of awkward. I ought to give him a new name entirely, since his symbol hat is missing anyway!
I'll put something here some time

Offline mlpkatie

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Rainbow Curl Pony
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2014, 11:26:12 AM »
My friend has trouble pronouncing some words with S's in them and she couldn't say Fluttershy so she called her Flutterwinkle :lol: So now I also call her Flutterwinkle.

Offline Baby_Ponies2014

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Captain Jack Pony
  • Hear now the words of the Great Mother, who of...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2014, 12:20:41 PM »
Skippity-Doo and Hippity-Hop will forever be known to me as Jump Rope and Bunny Rabbit  :blush:
There is always another rainbow, somewhere 'round the bend

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2014, 04:42:06 AM »
Some people on the forum helped re-name my baby brother ponies. We named Baby Brother Apple Delight 'Appleby', Baby Brother Bright Boquet 'Brightly' and Baby Brother Sweet Celebrations 'Presley' (as in present). Lucky stayed as Lucky  ^.^

We also started on the blank flank Baby Embers - Blue Baby Ember is 'Indigo' and I decided to call the purple one with the pink hair 'Lavender' since the pony community often says lavender for light purple. The pink one with purple hair though I'm not sure. Any suggestions? She's a poor girl really, doesn't get as much love as the others! So I need an awesome name for her  :)

OK I decided - my pink baby ember is now called Strawberry Shortcake. I saw some of the other girls had SS stationary like erasers and pencils when I was little and they had a lovely scent. So she will remind me :)

Edit: Oops just realised it doesn't work if you put :baby: in front of it... back to the drawing board!

Or maybe just 'Baby Strawberry' :heart:  :lol:
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 04:48:12 AM by Artemesia Floc »
:heart: ISO G1 Daffodil, upgrade for June Rose; G1 Waterfall blue towel, G1 Waterfall bubbles bottle with white writing; Perfume Puff Palace green hat, pink bracelet and mesh scarves, glitter combs for SHS, lace scarves for SHS, G3 Flower Wishes and Candy Cane, Baby Northern Lights...Accessories from FiM Collection Canterlot Castle: Tirek's staff, Phoenix and stand, open book :heart: Pony Page :heart: Wish List :heart:

Offline June

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2014, 04:56:14 AM »
If my pony was only one it that colour, I would call her White, Purple etc. If not, she would be named after her accessories (Nurse, Tea...). But I would give them different personal names each time I played with them. Well, it was like for all of my toys except for my favourite plushies who had constant personal names. :P

Offline Ivy

• crazy 'lil alicorn
  • Classifieds
  • Trade Count: (+41)
  • MOC Mimic
  • crazy 'lil alicorn
    • View Profile
    • Ponyland Tours
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2014, 05:02:11 AM »
Just a couple of accidental re-manes from when I was a kid,

I couldn't remember Red Roses name - so I called her Rose Puff.  And Cloud Dust was Cloud Puff oh wait it is supposed to be the other way around... Still get that name confused.

And Felecedades is Candy Cane because that's what I dubbed her when I first found her which was way back when before we even knew about the Argie Ponies.
Check out my Sales!
Avatar thanks to the lovely minercia!

Offline Doedeardarling

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2014, 05:07:28 AM »
Well, I don't know if this really counts, but because I'm from Finland, I always used the finnish cartoon names for ponies as a kid. Gusty for example was "Myrsky", which would translate as storm. Windwhistler was "Tuulenhenki" or wind spirit in english. Fizzy is my favorite, she's "Säpinä" in finnish.

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2014, 06:18:52 AM »
Well, I don't know if this really counts, but because I'm from Finland, I always used the finnish cartoon names for ponies as a kid. Gusty for example was "Myrsky", which would translate as storm. Windwhistler was "Tuulenhenki" or wind spirit in english. Fizzy is my favorite, she's "Säpinä" in finnish.

Of course it counts! Those are gorgeous. Myrsky is my favorite. Did your Gusty have glitter or painted symbols? Green eyes or blue? I might call my Euro Gusty Myrsky if it's the same as yours  :)

Post Merge: July 21, 2014, 06:20:14 AM

Tootsie's name in my heard is Edward, because the previous owner drew the most perfect "E" under one of his hooves. She might have been using a Times New Roman font as a reference. I was impressed, so I wanted to give him a fancy "E" name, and Edward is the first thing that came to my head.

I also call Bunny Hop the name Magic Hat instead, even though Mggic Hat is a completely different official pony... I just like it better! Bunny Hop sounds kind of awkward. I ought to give him a new name entirely, since his symbol hat is missing anyway!

I used to love Winnie-the-Pooh or 'Edward Bear' and I think Edward is a much nicer name than Tootsie. I don't really get Tootsie at all!

Offline Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2014, 09:00:25 AM »
I used to love Winnie-the-Pooh or 'Edward Bear' and I think Edward is a much nicer name than Tootsie. I don't really get Tootsie at all!

I always assumed she was named after Tootsie Pops :)

Offline Doedeardarling

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2014, 09:05:39 AM »

Of course it counts! Those are gorgeous. Myrsky is my favorite. Did your Gusty have glitter or painted symbols? Green eyes or blue? I might call my Euro Gusty Myrsky if it's the same as yours  :)

Oh, I don't remember. Sadly I don't have any of my childhood ponies anymore. But my new Gusty is the common one with glittery symbols.

• MIB Rapunzel Pony
    • View Profile
    • Things I make and Do
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2014, 12:39:31 PM »

I always assumed she was named after Tootsie Pops :)

Aha! A USA sweeties, thanks for this :)

Offline Beldarna

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
    • http://www.freewebs.com/beldarna
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2014, 01:05:11 PM »
As a child I wanted Firefly (who was wrongly named Silver in the first edition of Rescue at Midnight Castle here in Sweden). Instead I got baby Northstar and since her colours were almost correct I called her Silver. I don't remember giving the other ponies new names. I'm not even sure I had their correct names but gave them new ones every time I played with them. As an adult I've never renamed any ponies.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal