collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Ponymania Talking Queen Chrysalis  (Read 9007 times)

Offline CupidStrikes

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Angry little slice of pie
    • View Profile
Re: Ponymania Talking Queen Chrysalis
« Reply #90 on: October 05, 2014, 01:39:12 PM »
I pressed the button a few times earlier at TRU and it seems it's just the one laugh track :/ Seems a bit tacky. What did they do with the other talking ponies? Did they talk or just make random noises?

The initial 2 releases - Celestia and Cadance - were proper core releases to the line - in fact I think the Celestia from the first year was the line driver if I remember correctly - therefore they got relevant language releases.

To be honest, I'm not quite sure why they bothered (as it seems they're not releasing all of the line here anyway as the set of six KISS ponies has yet to appear). Those talking ponies always seem to shelf warm  :lol: Though, I seem to recall Celestia and Cadence being a lot more expensive than Crysalis? Maybe her being £15 might help her sell (two little girls in TRU earlier seemed really interested in buying "the bad pony" XD)
Idly searching for: loose, good condition G4 Blossomforth, Starbeam Twinkle, Plumsweet. TTM Celestia doll's wings Within UK or EU only, please.
Will also take in Pretty Pony Club (UK magazine) fakies.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 06, 2014, 09:49:16 AM »
I pressed the button a few times earlier at TRU and it seems it's just the one laugh track :/ Seems a bit tacky. What did they do with the other talking ponies? Did they talk or just make random noises?

The initial 2 releases - Celestia and Cadance - were proper core releases to the line - in fact I think the Celestia from the first year was the line driver if I remember correctly - therefore they got relevant language releases.

To be honest, I'm not quite sure why they bothered (as it seems they're not releasing all of the line here anyway as the set of six KISS ponies has yet to appear). Those talking ponies always seem to shelf warm  :lol: Though, I seem to recall Celestia and Cadence being a lot more expensive than Crysalis? Maybe her being £15 might help her sell (two little girls in TRU earlier seemed really interested in buying "the bad pony" XD)

Hmmm, this sounds like the answer.  So the last talking ponies cost a boatload because of the added cost of including various languages, but ended up with ponies that were too expensive to sell.  Maybe Chrysalis will sell better.  Still, they should put a sticker on her or SOMETHING to indicate she just laughs and doesn't talk.

Offline BerryMouse

• Starry-eyed idealist pony
  • Trade Count: (+622)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • BerryMouse Custom Ponies & more
« Reply #92 on: October 06, 2014, 09:56:41 AM »
Grrr so means I have to get another one, a talking one...  :blink:
BerryMouse Custom Ponies on Facebook
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
BERRY'S SALE TOPIC

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 06, 2014, 09:57:58 AM »
Grrr so means I have to get another one, a talking one...  :blink:

Maybe if you call and complain they'll send you a talking one.  It seems very dishonest to be advertising a "talking" Chrysalis when all she does is laugh.  I understand financially why they did it, but they needed to have been more honest (TRU I guess is to blame?)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal