collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Phasing out Apple Jack? Funny photos...  (Read 12062 times)

Offline ponyqueen

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "My, Earth really is full of things." -King of All
    • View Profile
    • Etsy
Phasing out Apple Jack? Funny photos...
« on: May 30, 2014, 05:11:37 AM »
I've read once or twice here on the Arena conspiracy theories about how AJ is being phased out of the main six. I always think, "they're (Hasbro) not really doing this..." I mean, if she's left out of a wave release, maybe it's just coincidence? After all she was in the masquerade wave, the rainbow hair wave, and she's still on racks packaged with Cadence.

Then I saw this puzzle at a local dollar store:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

LOL! Can you see her there? Poor gal! And now I'm back to wondering!

Do you have any funny stories or pictures about how somepony is being excluded?
« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 09:29:43 AM by ponyqueen »

:heart: Did I forget to leave feedback? Please pm me! :heart:

Offline UrocyonFox

• Zombie BBE Pony
  • Trade Count: (+142)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Urocyonfox's Artwork
Re: Phasing out Apple Jack? Funny photo...
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2014, 06:00:46 AM »
eeeyup!

Rubber bracelet at HotTopic

Me: "Oh sweet plastic jewlery, I can actually wear because of my metal allergies, its got all six! one two three wait.... all.... 5...."

Or the notepad set that came out at Walmart around Christmas in the grab dollar section

Me: "Oh sweet pony notepads, no Applejack bummer, but they do always put RD TS and PP on everything so that makes sense.... Wait.... Theres Fluttershy, and Rarity, and....... Celestia? Really?! They replace AJ with Celestia?!!"

There was much anger about that one, especially since AJ is my favorite.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2014, 06:11:47 AM »
She really does get left out a lot! However I do think the more recent toy releases show that she is going to perhaps get some more appreciation with time...we can hope!
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2014, 06:19:02 AM »
I have pajama bottoms from Hot Topic. I saw them and grabbed them right up, thinking they were so cute. It shows the girls frolicking among rainbows, and it's not just the same stamped pose over and over again. Each pony character appears in at least three different poses.

But when I got home.... yup... "Mane 5" all over again. No AJ! (I don't get it, they had enough room to make three different poses for each pony, but couldn't include AJ even once?)
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Sprinklecupcake

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2014, 06:28:12 AM »
Awe that puzzle is so depressing pooor AJ! I love her so much. It really makes me sad she gets left out alot in merch! Apparently Hasbro doesent like her or think she wont sell.... *hugs AJ*

Offline HelloGoodbye

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2014, 06:42:57 AM »
I would love it if AJ appeared on more stuff, since she is my favorite of the Mane 6.  I have also noticed that she is getting replaced with Celestia on a ton of stuff.  It is kind of like how Levi always replaces Armin in Attack on Titan stuff.

Thanks to Nence for my adoptable!

Offline mellowhen

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Ouchy Roids Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2014, 06:53:58 AM »
*sniffle* AJ's my favorite too. I'm always fervently looking for any wearables with her on them! Luckily I did get her in a pack of hairclips that my friend bought for me. That was a good day. :)

I was pretty frustrated that she wasn't one of this month's McPonies because the pink in her hair would have been so cute!

Offline brighteyes

• Trade Count: (+39)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • ~Insert Coin, Get Pony~
    • View Profile
    • Brighteye's Notebook
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2014, 07:06:21 AM »
I wonder if it has something to do with the cost of printing on paper or fabric?  If they include ponies that are mostly the same color they will have to use less colors of ink and the produce will be cheaper to make.  We recently had some mugs made to advertise our degree program at my university and for every color we added the price of the mugs went up so it could maybe be a contributing factor.  Of course if Rainbow Dash is there then I guess that kind of blows that theory away since she has all da' colors LOL
Many thanks to LordBlumiere for my wonderful avatar  :lovey: Blog  Adoptable Refs

Offline ponyqueen

• Trade Count: (+92)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • "My, Earth really is full of things." -King of All
    • View Profile
    • Etsy
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2014, 07:35:13 AM »
I would love it if AJ appeared on more stuff, since she is my favorite of the Mane 6.  I have also noticed that she is getting replaced with Celestia on a ton of stuff.  It is kind of like how Levi always replaces Armin in Attack on Titan stuff.

Oh my gosh, I love attack on titan! I've seen the whole first season and read the manga through book 12.

One of my favorite things about Apple Jack is that she is the strongest callback to generation one.

:heart: Did I forget to leave feedback? Please pm me! :heart:

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2014, 12:00:51 PM »
I have  a    purse that doesnt have  rariy on it!it has everyone else    plus celstia.

Offline MilkyTaroMochi

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Ivy is best pony. <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2014, 12:18:37 PM »
As an Armin fan (and someone who doesn,t really care too much for Levi), that makes me so sad. I noticed it when I saw an AoT shirt at Hot Topic that had Eren, Mikasa, and Levi on it. :(

I too wish AJ appeared on more mechandise. She is my second favorite behind Rarity. At least she seems to be getting a bit more attention now - I admit that for a while I actually started to dislike the "Fan Favorite Trio" for always replacing AJ (and Rarity) on merchandise. That Funko Pop! series sorta was the "final straw". ^^;
Thank you so much for the adoptable, Corona! :D

Offline achab1984

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+222)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Ponies make me smile! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2014, 07:09:05 PM »
Oh that is interesting........sad :(

Offline MoondancerMilkyWay

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
  • you've got to pony while the pony is pony!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2014, 09:19:17 PM »
I have a calendar that my sister got for me and it seems like they left out fluttershy the most.
TS, PP, RD, Spike
Cadance (?!)
PP
PP/TS
Rar/SB
RD
AJ/FS/Rar
TS/Spike
RD/TS/PP
AJ
Celestia
TS

there doesn't seem to be a lot of rhyme or reason sometimes to who goes where or on what!
~I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more ponies! I gotta have more ponies!~
"I'm not going to buy every Malibu Stacy with a hat"  - ponyqueen

Offline SeashellnBubbles

• Trade Count: (+170)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Tears are the last refuge of the damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2014, 10:18:25 PM »
They slice off half of Rarity as well...the other "red-headed stepchild" of the mane 6. I saw this today at the Dollar store as well, and just thought it looked cheap.

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2014, 05:14:07 AM »
I wonder if it has something to do with the cost of printing on paper or fabric?  If they include ponies that are mostly the same color they will have to use less colors of ink and the produce will be cheaper to make.  We recently had some mugs made to advertise our degree program at my university and for every color we added the price of the mugs went up so it could maybe be a contributing factor.  Of course if Rainbow Dash is there then I guess that kind of blows that theory away since she has all da' colors LOL

I love that excuse LOL. But honestly it should not matter; most colours are a combination of 4 basic colours anyway when it comes to print. When we print it makes no difference what colours we are having, the only difference depends on the volume of print on space.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal