collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Yikes, buyer opened up a case and didnt message me, seems suspicious  (Read 1052 times)

StarGleamer

• Trade Count: (0)
So I sold this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/181408409777?ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1559.l2649

I made sure to check that the map was in his belt before I sent it. It was, but the buyer immediately filed a case saying it was missing and to put it in an envelope and send it.... but... I dont have it!

Now I am second guessing myself and theres nothing I can do!! short of trying to get a repro what could I possibly do?? It seems fishy especially because I made sure to check it... and its not something that would just fall out randomly in packing :/ If I wasnt smart enough to make sure the map was there id be like welp I lost it! Im prolly more upset about this than I should be!

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Hmmm...seems a bit strange indeed. Can you ask them to perhaps check around on the floor, where he took him out of the package? It may have fell out  :huh:
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Dragonflitter

• Trade Count: (+101)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
    • View Profile
Yes I have had little accessories fall out and get thrown away in the packaging before.... Once I dressed up a pony in a little hand-made outfit and wrapped him in paper to ship, and some of his outfit fell off during shipping and the person ended up throwing it away with the paper! :(

Ask them to please check the package and check around the floor/area where they opened the package. You'd be amazed how many times that works.
Thank you Thimble for my amazingly cute avatar!

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
How stressful :yikes:  I was thinking originally that maybe this buyer was a dodgy scammer  (i had a similar situation recently but for an expensive item), but its not like it was an expensive item (even though he is HTF like that)  :huh:
 Since you are in no doubt that the map was packed with the doll,  I'm going to say that the buyer has most probably misplaced it - its still in the wrapping/packaging somewhere or has fallen out and got mistaken for a bit of paper... something like that. I would go with what the others suggested and contact the buyer, confirming that you definitely sent the map and asking them to check the packaging  and around the home where they unpacked the doll  :awake:
Please let us know how it goes! I hope that the buyer says they have found it :hug:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline ponylady

• View Profile
Re: Yikes, buyer opened up a case and didnt message me, seems suspicious
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2014, 04:29:27 AM »
Have you had any resolve to this StarGleamer?

I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2014, 03:04:35 AM »
I was wondering the same thing PL   :awake:  lets hope everything worked out ok in the end. *waits to see*

:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

StarGleamer

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2014, 03:00:36 AM »
I have been going back and forth and they said they checked the envelope and its not in there :/ Its likely it fell out in there, they threw it out before checking and now they are saying its no there. I know that map is rare which is why i checked for it 1. when i found the doll and 2. when i was shipping it since it was in storage for so long. people are funny tho, even tho it isnt an expensive item... it may be to someone who really wants that map and doesnt have a lot of $$. They even said they "need the map to complete my collection"

Offline LittleSpiffy

• Spifftastic!
  • Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2014, 04:42:08 PM »
Eeeesh!

My advice: offer a partial refund (you pick the price) to compensate for the map OR offer a full refund if the buyer sends Prince back to you.

You can explain that you double-checked the map was in the package before you sent it.  You can also tell them that you searched for it once they alerted you that they didn't receive it.

I was a buyer in a situation like this.  The seller was argumentative and unreasonable (IMO).  There were multiple items (it was a set of identical mirrors) and I suggested a partial refund of $3 for the missing mirrors.  Seller agreed, but never sent the refund.  As soon as I escalated it to eBay I got a 100% refund and got to keep the items.  I never thought it was fair of eBay to do that, seeing as that they could read what the seller & I agreed to...then again, he may have had a history of poor business practices (?)  I just let it go.

Don't want to see something like that happen to you!

StarGleamer

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2014, 05:32:50 PM »
geez i cant catch a break....  im having issues again w a buyer who is blatantly lying about a $60 item...

I hate that ebay doesnt punish buyers who use the system like this till they do it 3x

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2014, 03:41:54 AM »
:(  I'm so sorry starGleamer - I  know ebay has gotten much worse for sellers lately. This year I've had more issues with dodgy ebayers than in all of my previous (busier selling) years put together! I know others have had a lot of ebay issues too  :shocked:
Whats the new situation? or is it worth its own thread ? :what:

StarGleamer

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2014, 04:35:29 PM »
I know, and I am selling in higher volume than before so its even worse!

I wont start a new thread cuz its not toy related but I sell high end steel boned corsets. Ive been doing it for over a year now and I am an expert on corsets.  I has someone open a case with the claim that the item isnt steelboned, its plastic and fake (same situation, no message, just filed a case)mind you, they have had it for a month... so they probably wore it and decided hey i dont wanna pay for it. Its always the same type of people filing these cases too... but regardless I am in business with my boyfriend who is great at resolving this stuff so he is currently taking care of it because I am NOT good with these situations. I get so aggitated because they are straight up abusing a system put in place to make ebay safer for the buyer, years ago sellers could do whatever they wanted. I've had my money stolen before... now its the total opposite. buyers can do whatever tey want and unless they are reported 3x ebay won't even look into it.

Offline ponylady

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2014, 03:10:34 AM »
 :hug: I am so sorry your dealing with yet another goofball buyer. I hope your boyfriend is able to resolve it quickly for you.

Just remember, unfortunately very few sellers will EVER go without one single complaint.  Even the best sellers in the world! So try and hang in there and try not to let it discourage you.

I love Ohio Meat Pie

StarGleamer

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2014, 09:54:12 PM »
THanks-- he handled it wonderfully... so far looking good!!

I think im going to just give a partial refund to the map person, i think tehy are lying andnever answered me about the envelope being damaged, its not worth a negative...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal