collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: The truth behind the 12 inch Chinese Plushies  (Read 34005 times)

Offline cadance89

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Magic Fantasy Hair Pony
    • View Profile
Re: The truth behind the 12 inch Chinese Plushies
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2014, 11:16:10 PM »
Does anyone have the Cadance one? It does look really pretty but it would be good to know if what you see is what you get   ^.^

AJLareneg has it! She posted a pic of Cadance with Shining Armor on her instagram after she received it. If I remember right, she told me it's pretty good quality, like the others have been so far.

Will definitely get her. Thank you!

Offline Sawkinator

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Colorswirl Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2014, 08:26:14 AM »
CHRYSALIS!! It's like they read my mind!  :frolic:

I need her! -waits for ebay listings-

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2014, 10:14:34 AM »
Just for reference, the frontwinner website blocks north American IP addresses. That's why niksilp and I kept being redirected. I wonder why they've done that?

LOL - and that just confirms what they are all about I guess.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

AJLareneg

« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2014, 11:26:39 AM »
Just for reference, the frontwinner website blocks north American IP addresses. That's why niksilp and I kept being redirected. I wonder why they've done that?

what do you mean?

Offline lovesbabysquirmy

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • Colombian Baby Pony
  • ~never too old for ponies~
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2014, 11:43:38 AM »

what do you mean?

What they are doing is vaguely illegal - but if Americans don't have easy access to the site, it becomes more difficult to prove what they are doing and even more difficult to find contact information should Hasbro choose to "pony up" their lawyers on behalf of their licensees.  China is just one of those countries where you can't typically raise legal charges against anyone because they can choose to ignore it.  ;)
The Bad Trader List
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

<3 Sig Art: SquarePeg[current avatar] Vanilla Virus, Sweetpop, Thimble, SourdoughStomper, LyrePony, Tropical Sunset, PureNightShade, Ellis1342,KissedByThunder, Shaiyeh <3

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2014, 03:07:28 PM »

what do you mean?

What they are doing is vaguely illegal - but if Americans don't have easy access to the site, it becomes more difficult to prove what they are doing and even more difficult to find contact information should Hasbro choose to "pony up" their lawyers on behalf of their licensees.  China is just one of those countries where you can't typically raise legal charges against anyone because they can choose to ignore it.  ;)

Yes - what lovesbabysquirmy has said.

There is no reason to block US IP addresses for any website unless they dont want Americans or US companies to see what is on the site. Its crude and its not really hard for any one to get around but its a common and easy initial step for a company which is engaging in questionable activities. And as this company is known to produce bootleg products, as the products collectors have come across have no mention of Hasbro on the labels then they are producing things outside of license...which is illegal.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline CuddlyParrot

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
    • Cuddlyparrot's Nestbox
« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2014, 07:43:37 PM »
I think these would be called knockoffs, I doubt they are true copies where you buy the original and take a rub off of the original pattern. Those DA artists making plushies are also making fake plushes that are unlicensed. Both could be considered morally wrong and depending on different laws in each country could also be illegal.
That being said I own a Daring Do and wouldn't give her up for the world. Hey I make custom my little ponies and that too is a gray area.

Offline SpaceV

• Mighty Morphin Power Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2014, 07:59:13 PM »
I think these would be called knockoffs, I doubt they are true copies where you buy the original and take a rub off of the original pattern. Those DA artists making plushies are also making fake plushes that are unlicensed. Both could be considered morally wrong and depending on different laws in each country could also be illegal.
That being said I own a Daring Do and wouldn't give her up for the world. Hey I make custom my little ponies and that too is a gray area.

True, but I think it's worth noting that dA artists make a few plushes per year while the bootleg factories are mass producing plush in large quantities.

Niksilp

« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2014, 09:00:54 PM »
So the first Chrysalis on ebay sold for $102.50... I can't believe someone was willing to pay that much for a bootleg plush.

I have alerts for when more get listed, so I'm just going to wait until I can grab her at the BIN price.

Offline SpaceV

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 17, 2014, 09:25:14 PM »
So the first Chrysalis on ebay sold for $102.50... I can't believe someone was willing to pay that much for a bootleg plush.

I have alerts for when more get listed, so I'm just going to wait until I can grab her at the BIN price.

Yeah, it completely defeats the purpose of having a cheap, mass produced show accurate plush that's available to the public. I'm willing to bet that the seller has plenty Chrysalis plushes in stock and just put the one on ebay to make it seem limited.

Niksilp

« Reply #40 on: May 17, 2014, 09:47:25 PM »

Yeah, it completely defeats the purpose of having a cheap, mass produced show accurate plush that's available to the public. I'm willing to bet that the seller has plenty Chrysalis plushes in stock and just put the one on ebay to make it seem limited.

Yep, Chrysalis should be just like all the rest of the plush have been. The seller will list a new one every day or so. It's a horrible idea to bid on her in particular rather than pay the BIN (which I'm going to guess is between $20 and $30, like their other pony plush) since she's clearly going to go for ridiculous prices.

Offline Ossie

• Trade Count: (+1)
    • View Profile
    • MLP Merch
« Reply #41 on: May 18, 2014, 01:38:42 AM »
Thanks to everyone in this topic for providing additional information, we've updated the post on our blog :)

MLP Merch Blog | MLP Merch Databases

Offline SpaceV

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 18, 2014, 07:35:38 AM »

Yep, Chrysalis should be just like all the rest of the plush have been. The seller will list a new one every day or so. It's a horrible idea to bid on her in particular rather than pay the BIN (which I'm going to guess is between $20 and $30, like their other pony plush) since she's clearly going to go for ridiculous prices.

I contacted the ebay seller last night and asked if they have more Chrysalis in stock. Here's what they said:

Dear spaceytimes,

"Hi

Yes.

We have more.
But now eBay give many limit on the selling quantity.

So you can also buy it directly on our site 123cosplayCom
Thank you"

She's not uploaded to the site yet but she probably will be soon. Might be easier to buy one there than ebay.

Niksilp

« Reply #43 on: May 18, 2014, 10:03:19 AM »
I contacted the ebay seller last night and asked if they have more Chrysalis in stock. Here's what they said:

Dear spaceytimes,

"Hi

Yes.

We have more.
But now eBay give many limit on the selling quantity.

So you can also buy it directly on our site 123cosplayCom
Thank you"

She's not uploaded to the site yet but she probably will be soon. Might be easier to buy one there than ebay.

I hope she's uploaded soon. I definitely have my eye there too. She'd be way easier to purchase there than on ebay.

Offline TornadoTwist

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • Author of MLP Merch
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 18, 2014, 10:25:44 AM »
A news updated appeared on the FrontWinner website:
2014-05-18 Please don't upload deviantArt pictures when you submit custom plush. Thank you

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal