collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: 2014 Funko SDCC Exclusives  (Read 12315 times)

Offline Malicieuse

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • All gen collector
    • View Profile
Re: 2014 Funko SDCC Exclusives
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2014, 02:24:30 PM »
Blast, another Dj pon-3 i might want to add to my collection.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2014, 02:52:01 PM »
Oh- so disappointing if they are the black versions of DJ and Dash.  It would be better if they were wonderbolts? But I don't see DJ as a wonderbolt- so I think they will be the black verions like the minis.

I'll admit I was hoping for glitters.   Not too surprised though that Funko's exclusives are re-using old molds, they haven't rolled out any exclusive pony characters before.

Guess this means we won't be getting translucent Spitfire or Bon Bon?

I wouldn't rule those two out yet, so far still NO other stores have those two yet! I think once they are at other stores we should get glitter versions in the mix, for instance glitter Rainbow Dash and :muffin: Pony are now 1 in 24 at stores I just found out.

Anyways I hope these are on Amazon again, btw getting very sick of all the DJ variants.

Ok so I missed this information.

Last years SDCC "exclusives" are now readily available retail?

I am now reiterating, if thats the case the "1008" claim is not only nonsense but puts Funko in the We Love Fine category of seller. :(
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Emfen

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
  • Scented Moonlight Pony
    • View Profile
    • MLW Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2014, 03:09:57 PM »
Funko's exclusives

48. This acrobatic Vinyl Figure had a dark makeover!
49. This famous DJ also had a dark makeover!
Dash Shadowbolt and Black Vinyl Scratch?

http://sdccblog.com/2014/05/funko-san-diego-comic-con-2014-exclusives-updated-may-7/
Since dark could essentially just mean black... I'm going to guess something involving the black mystery minis but upscaled. Like many others already guessed I'll say Dash and DJ as well, but maybe they put glitter/metallic paint on them so make them seem more "fancy".
~✿~| No longer actively collecting. |~✿~

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2014, 03:41:41 PM »
I think 48. could be Spitfire but 49. def. seems to be DJ Pon-3.

I'm always forgetting Spitfire, since I'm still missing her. But big version of black mini Spifire would be cool too.

They might be black versions, but they could be something totally different too like nightmare versions, black glitter versions, glow versions, who knows.

Most acrobatic could be Pinkie as well!

I'm guessing Pinkie for most acrobatic.

Oh- so disappointing if they are the black versions of DJ and Dash.  It would be better if they were wonderbolts? But I don't see DJ as a wonderbolt- so I think they will be the black verions like the minis.

I'll admit I was hoping for glitters.   Not too surprised though that Funko's exclusives are re-using old molds, they haven't rolled out any exclusive pony characters before.

I wouldn't rule those two out yet, so far still NO other stores have those two yet! I think once they are at other stores we should get glitter versions in the mix, for instance glitter Rainbow Dash and :muffin: Pony are now 1 in 24 at stores I just found out.

Anyways I hope these are on Amazon again, btw getting very sick of all the DJ variants.

I am now reiterating, if thats the case the "1008" claim is not only nonsense but puts Funko in the We Love Fine category of seller. :(

Well I'm not a 100% on it, but I did find a glitter Rainbow Dash in store the other day with no sticker on it, I mean it's possible someone returned it maybe, but someone else said they found a :muffin: Pony glitter as well a little while back, I guess we won;t know for sure until more sightings are found.

For Sale Wants

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2014, 03:48:35 PM »
Hmmm...I really hope it turns out to be a complete fluke but if it is something they have done its disappointing and its the same thing so many people were boycotting WLF about not that long ago either.
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Silver_mirror46

• Trade Count: (+3)
    • View Profile
    • Check out my art store @La Poyoshop on Etsy
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2014, 03:54:15 PM »
awwww I had hopes for something better

Oh well... I'll ask my friend to get me the direwolf (I hope it's Summer or Shaggyfur)

thank you PonyWithnoCrown afor the lovely pony in siggie :3
My DA page  My Tumblr Art Tag  Commissions   Trader Feedback

Offline Dashy77

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Sweet Kisses Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2014, 04:05:59 PM »
How lackluster...

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2014, 05:18:47 PM »

i bleive so. i mean look at monster high. thre  CC exclusives are avalible in stores.  i eman wasnt Sarah  screams    a  Sdcc exclusive?  and   Catty noir i belive was also  a    sdcc  Exclusive.  so really  if that he case then spenidng the 6 or  so  hours in lines to grab them really means nothing becuase you can grab them in wallmarts and regualr  retial stores for   20.00

i dont doubt that there releasing muffin and Rd  into stores..

Online Carrehz

• #1 Prizestuffer
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Spain Piggy Pony
  • I'm gonna live forever or die trying!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2014, 05:27:12 PM »

i bleive so. i mean look at monster high. thre  CC exclusives are avalible in stores.  i eman wasnt Sarah  screams    a  Sdcc exclusive?  and   Catty noir i belive was also  a    sdcc  Exclusive.  so really  if that he case then spenidng the 6 or  so  hours in lines to grab them really means nothing becuase you can grab them in wallmarts and regualr  retial stores for   20.00

i dont doubt that there releasing muffin and Rd  into stores..

Catty Noir was a special release for Friday the 13th; she was *not* limited to any one store in the US (in the UK she was only available on Tesco's website, not sure about other countries).

The original/signature version of Scarah that was released in a 2-pack with HooDude for SDCC 2012 has *not* been re-released, however, a different version of Scarah (w/ diff. makeup + clothes) has been released as a Toys R Us exclusive (whereas HooDude hasn't been re-released at all so far). :) Just wanted to clarify that!

(and heh, sorry to go off-topic! ^^;;)

Offline Wardah

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2014, 08:35:35 PM »
Comic shops often send workers to things like SDCC to get the exclusives to resell in their stores.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Seeking Cutie Princess toys by Chap Mei!!

Also seeking brown Novi Stars fakies, and Punzels.

Av by Moonflower.

Offline Lorelei Redfern

• Sprinkles Obsessed
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2014, 08:44:00 PM »
lol oh no thats fine!  i  dont colelct htem i jsut remember hearding   soemthing that that they were adn then i was rather shocked to see them at  the  store lol the point i was simply stating was that She was re released. and hoenstly.. just to   make a point if   she was out of her box  is there   any difference in the "first relase at con" one adn the   wallmart one?

Sprinklecupcake

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2014, 11:24:04 PM »
Oh cool, so there is a thread for the SDCC funkos too! I put my guess for the SDCC mlp Funko in the other thread under my Hasbro exclusive SDCC guess. So I was hoping glitter variant Spitfire and Bonnie but the black MLPs cool! My guess is a full sized black Spitfire and DJ. Was hoping for glitters but the black ones are awesone too!

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2014, 09:44:16 AM »

The glitter Muffin and glitter Rainbow Dash were SDCC Amazon exclusives-  so they were available at the Con, and I THINK they were supposed to have spill-over on Amazon after, but Amazon bungled it and released a bunch early (then tried to cancel as many orders as possible).  It was a bit of a fiasco.

But I don't think there are any MORE available, 1008 is actually a fairly large release-  I think a bunch of people bought up as many as they could from Amazon when they sold them (because they were actually quite inexpensive) and have been trying to re-sell them ever since.  I don't think Amazon released any new batches of a limited release.  They cater to the limited release crowd, so that would definitely be call for a boycott.

Offline Epona

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2014, 10:32:05 AM »
It would be really cool if the "dark makeover" meant gitd

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2014, 12:40:43 PM »
It would be really cool if the "dark makeover" meant gitd

Yea and like the mini GITD not the painted on kind. So this dark makeover like I said before could mean many things, shadowbolt, gitd, black, black and sparkly, evil looking, villain looking, black glitter, etc. We know one pony is DJ for sure, as for the other it has to either be Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, or Spitfire, too bad its not Daring Do, and by dark makeover they meant Rainbow Dash recolored hair would become black white and grey like Darings lol I wish, pictures need to hurry up!

For Sale Wants

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal