collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: [Non-pony] Seller claims he misplaced item...  (Read 847 times)

Offline Shiromisa

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Real-Life Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
[Non-pony] Seller claims he misplaced item...
« on: May 01, 2014, 10:04:56 AM »
So, I casually collect takochu, these itty little plastic octopus toys. They can get pretty pricey, so I was excited to get a lot at a really good price. This same seller had listed this item, oh...three, four times before? But I figured he'd been getting NPBs or just had a few doubles. Buuut, earlier today, he opened a cancel request thing, with the explanation that he'd misplaced them.

I haven't responded to the case in any way yet, just messaged him that I'd like to give him a few days to look, as I really wanted this item. But still, it really burns me up that he's trying this. e_e
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

My Etsy shop! I've got G4 blind bag necklaces and pony-themed caramels for saleCommission me for a custom blind bag hereSwap wishlist here!Current grail: Li'l Cupcake and German StarshineSell me your prototype/error/unusual blind bags!

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
  • MIB Licensing Show Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
Re: [Non-pony] Seller claims he misplaced item...
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2014, 01:33:07 PM »
I think you did the right thing by telling him to basically look for them.  Did you win them through an auction? I only ask because then it seems a bit more suspicious that they are suddenly misplaced. Plus the fact you stated they have been listed several times.
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Shiromisa

• Real-Life Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2014, 01:42:38 PM »
Yup, it was an auction. I checked his feedback, and there's five positives from similar auctions, so I guess he just did have a lot of doubles. BUT, I did win this one for less than half of what the others went for, so I'm thinking he wants to hold out for a higher price. I'll keep you updated when he responds!

My Etsy shop! I've got G4 blind bag necklaces and pony-themed caramels for saleCommission me for a custom blind bag hereSwap wishlist here!Current grail: Li'l Cupcake and German StarshineSell me your prototype/error/unusual blind bags!

Offline UrocyonFox

• Zombie BBE Pony
  • Trade Count: (+142)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
    • Urocyonfox's Artwork
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2014, 01:52:18 PM »
oh no. I just looked up these little guys and boy are they cute. I hope this gets resolved and you get your little tentacley friends.

Offline slj84

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2014, 07:20:31 PM »
It's so sad that you never know what you can trust anymore.  But it does sound a bit suspicious that when they went for cheap they suddenly got lost.

I'm curious if he will actually respond to your request to wait while he looks for them.

Offline ponylady

• Trade Count: (+34)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2014, 02:34:54 AM »
Have you heard anything yet Shiro?
:glitter:visitors can't see pics , please register or login
:glitter:

Thanks LordBlumiere  :heart: for my Baby Believe!
I love Ohio Meat Pie

Offline Shiromisa

• Real-Life Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2014, 10:25:17 AM »
Not yet.  :huh: He hasn't answered either way. Should I go ahead and message again, do you think?

Offline coinoperatedgirl

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • I paint stuff.
    • View Profile
    • Coin-Operated Customs
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2014, 12:44:33 PM »
Having been in this position in the past (having lost an item that was up for sale), I can say that it does sometimes happen.  I took the leftover customs from my booth at a con and put them on Etsy.  Eventually one sold and I couldn't find it when it came time to ship it.  I tore my bedroom, pony shelves, and workspace apart looking for a little g4 before deciding that she was accidentally sent out with someone else's order.

However, unlike this seller, I kept in contact with my buyer and offered to remake the pony when I finally concluded it wasn't in my house.  As thanks for her being patient due to my screw up, I made her a bigger pony in record time and offered a discount on a future purchase.   This seller just sounds all sorts of shady - I agree he seems to be looking for a way to avoid sending it so he can get a higher price.

Offline Marigold

• Vivaldi's Seasons Pony
  • Trade Count: (+103)
  • MOC Mimic
  • Liver and Onions
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2014, 01:29:26 PM »
I now want those octopuses.  How big are they? 

Offline babylofty

• Arena Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+19)
  • Lil Cupcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2014, 03:07:46 PM »
Oh dear, those are ADORABLE.  *cough* ahem, sorry, off track.
darcerin on the TP, arinaketchum on ebay, Salvia on PI

Offline Loona

• Trade Count: (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2014, 01:58:09 PM »
I hope the seller says the truth, and your takochus will eventually be found and sent your way. they are totally adorable!
(now that I looked them up I realised I have some - most probably fakies. I never knew what they are called, but they were an instabuy back when I found them)

My lovely awareness adoptable was created by HollowZero.

Offline Shiromisa

• Real-Life Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2014, 02:04:56 PM »
I hope the seller says the truth, and your takochus will eventually be found and sent your way. they are totally adorable!
(now that I looked them up I realised I have some - most probably fakies. I never knew what they are called, but they were an instabuy back when I found them)
Oh my gosh! ;~; If you ever want to part with them, I'll buy them in a heartbeat.

No response yet! Maybe on Monday?

Post Merge: May 04, 2014, 02:05:41 PM

I now want those octopuses.  How big are they?
They're a bit smaller than a golfball. I only have one at this point, a pink one with a strawberry on her head. ^^

Offline Ringlets

• Mrs. Chief
  • Trade Count: (+182)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Be yourself, dare to dream!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2014, 04:56:20 PM »
How disappointing! :(  it's true that it can sometimes happen and someone genuinely misplaces an item (I had a seller do it to me but I sent a message saying I'd wait and asking her to check and she did eventually find the item)  ...but the fact that your lot sold for much less than he's been selling them for (and then goes MIA) does sound rather dodgy :yikes:  Give him a bit more time I guess, but if he doesnt want to sell at that price in the end you'll have no choice but to accept his excuse -and then keep an eye on his new listings.....  :ninja:

:heart: Wanted:heart:
:glitter: :heart: :glitter: CHIEF LOVES RINGLETS FOREVER :glitter: :heart: :glitter:

Offline Shiromisa

• Real-Life Pinkie Pie
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2014, 10:21:35 AM »
Success! I just messaged asking if he'd found them yet, and got this in response:

"Dear shiromisa,

Unfortunately I have not. However I'll do my best to get another set from my distributor and will message you once I do.

Apologies again for the inconvenience."

His story still isn't adding up, as these are little gatchapon toys that haven't been produced or sold for two years now. But you know what, I'll go with it as long as I get them in the end.

Offline Galactica

• Phoenix Wright Pony
  • Trade Count: (+101)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2014, 09:27:48 AM »
Success! I just messaged asking if he'd found them yet, and got this in response:

"Dear shiromisa,

Unfortunately I have not. However I'll do my best to get another set from my distributor and will message you once I do.

Apologies again for the inconvenience."

His story still isn't adding up, as these are little gatchapon toys that haven't been produced or sold for two years now. But you know what, I'll go with it as long as I get them in the end.

He might be getting close out items from somewhere, or lots of things from a factory in China (or even straight up from Taobao)?

Still, I hope he finds the lost set or another set for you!

I have unfortunately lost things before too-  it drives me crazy.  I had a really cool Alice in Wonderland MH dress I was going to send to Hannaliten, but it disappeared off the face of the earth.  By the time I found it (it had been stuffed in a pocket, went through the wash somehow staying in the pocket, then got folded and stored) neither she or her daughter were even collecting MH.  >_<

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal