collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Funko Vinyl Collectibles Thread II (Blue Flu Discord)  (Read 67063 times)

Offline Midnight_Dream

• Trade Count: (+29)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • May the llama be with you!
    • View Profile
Re: Funko Vinyl Collectibles Thread II (Rarity/Discord/Daring Do Now Shipping)
« Reply #1185 on: August 27, 2014, 10:02:09 PM »
How it probably works is this. First they recieved the order of the person who only ordered one. This person was lucky and got the one glitter one in that case. Now let's say the next order that comes in is for 24. They get the rest of the first case, minus the glitter one because that one has already been claimed. That's 23 so that leaves 1 more. There is a 1/24 chance that one will be glitter.

This is how 1/24 works, not some crazy conspiracy theory of them taking out your glitters. So you didn't get a glitter in your giant order, but that is the risk you took when ordering that many. There is nothing but luck that goes into it and it just happens that you lucked out, but given all your past luck you shouldn't feel cheated at all.

Besides, don't you HAVE all the current glitters AN? I would be content in your shoes if I were you.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Starly

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: August 27, 2014, 11:14:03 PM »
I always thought people buying in bulk and then returning all/most the non-glitters to the store is pretty low in my opinion. It just doesn't seem fair at all to me, but I don't like glitters in the slightest, so I don't get why many people like them so much.
When the Equestria Girls dolls show up in stores and you end up with unneeded doubles, PM me! I'll buy them!/i]

Sprinklecupcake

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #1187 on: August 28, 2014, 05:41:09 AM »
How it probably works is this. First they recieved the order of the person who only ordered one. This person was lucky and got the one glitter one in that case. Now let's say the next order that comes in is for 24. They get the rest of the first case, minus the glitter one because that one has already been claimed. That's 23 so that leaves 1 more. There is a 1/24 chance that one will be glitter.

This is how 1/24 works, not some crazy conspiracy theory of them taking out your glitters. So you didn't get a glitter in your giant order, but that is the risk you took when ordering that many. There is nothing but luck that goes into it and it just happens that you lucked out, but given all your past luck you shouldn't feel cheated at all.

Besides, don't you HAVE all the current glitters AN? I would be content in your shoes if I were you.

Yeah LOL he does own all the current glitters but he got a lot of those from finding extras and traded them  for ones he doesnt have! He probably wants more right now to save for the next wave incase he cant find glitters in the future. Sometimes even the pros have bad luck during certain waves! That aaand he keeps and eye out for extras  for his friends :D

Offline Aquatic Neon

• Trade Count: (+86)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #1188 on: August 28, 2014, 08:41:03 AM »

I guess I was just upset about it yesterday, the last two waves I have been really unlucky with my orders. I do have all the glitters, but I like to upgrade them as well and have one with the best paint job, so it would have been nice to pick out the best one, my Discord is perfect, but I could use a Rarity upgrade..

I always thought people buying in bulk and then returning all/most the non-glitters to the store is pretty low in my opinion. It just doesn't seem fair at all to me, but I don't like glitters in the slightest, so I don't get why many people like them so much.

Not everyone returns them me, houston, etc don't I don't know of anyone who does.

Yeah LOL he does own all the current glitters but he got a lot of those from finding extras and traded them  for ones he doesnt have! He probably wants more right now to save for the next wave incase he cant find glitters in the future. Sometimes even the pros have bad luck during certain waves! That aaand he keeps and eye out for extras  for his friends :D

Yes I do have them all lol, but extras are nice because I can upgrade, trade, and when you go through that much money and effort you'd hope you'd get one of each. When I made the orders I didn't have any of them, so if I wouldn't have found them I would have had to buy on ebay, or trade for them.

For Sale Wants

Offline LittleSpiffy

• Spifftastic!
  • Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: August 28, 2014, 10:35:32 AM »
*blushes*

The last wave I did bulk returns without understanding how their inventory system works.  Thankfully the store I returned them to is the biggest in the area and has sold nearly all of them!

This time around, I was well educated on how things work and found homes for all of the ponies before I ordered :)  (and then I bought more Discords when I went to the store XD)

Still looking for glitter Daring Do, though...

Post Merge: August 28, 2014, 10:41:29 AM

Oh, BTW, check out Glitter Rarity under a black light ;)
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 10:42:30 AM by LittleSpiffy »

Offline Aquatic Neon

• View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #1190 on: August 28, 2014, 10:48:06 AM »
Little Spiffy!! Pictures please I don't have a blacklight anymore!

Side note: Daring Do "Dazzle" is almost as painful as "Sweetie Drops" sigh.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2014, 10:57:14 AM by Aquatic Neon »

For Sale Wants

Offline Koudoawaia

• Storm Dragon
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
  • Dragon with the heart of a guinea pig
    • View Profile
    • FA Gallery
« Reply #1191 on: August 28, 2014, 12:57:18 PM »
My Discord just arrived today :D

Many thanks to FairieFalls for my sig image and many thanks to Shaiyeh for my avatar :art:

Offline LittleSpiffy

• Spifftastic!
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: August 28, 2014, 03:01:29 PM »

Not the best picture (I used my cell phone):

...and this is the glitter Rarity...

I bought a black light to look at my skin to see how much sun damage I have (not much, thankfully).   I was pleasantly surprised how all of my toys look under the UV light.  My EAH dolls were the biggest surprise...

Offline Bergamot

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
    • Wafflehaus
« Reply #1193 on: August 28, 2014, 03:15:35 PM »
Aha, I'd missed that the case sizes are 12 instead of 24!

My Hot Topic still has a pile of Applejacks and Big Macs on top of all the Rarities, Daring Dos, and Discords they got in, so I doubt they'll get restocked soon. :( At least I got to come out of my shell this time and actually ask about them, though! Now they know that I like me some shiny ponies.  :P

Offline MoonStars

• Trade Count: (+106)
  • Bay Breeze Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: August 28, 2014, 03:39:15 PM »
Got lucky, one of each Discord and Rarity glitters in our order! Not interested in the Glitter Daring Do, so quite content. I do not normally return the extras, either, but on the Big Mac order, two pf the boxes were badly damaged. They would not take them back in the store because of the bulk returns that were happening. The clerk tried to ring them up, but the computer apparently has them blocked for returns. They said this was an order from higher up in HT somewhere. So, I now have two Big Macs in damaged boxes (in addition to the ones in undamaged boxes I'm keeping to sell or trade). :-/ I could mail them back for a refund, but that would mean eating the cost of the shipping. But, Meh, I figure there are others like me who prefer to display them out of the boxes and don't mind a nick or two in the box. :) they will eventually find a home.

Offline Aquatic Neon

• View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #1195 on: August 28, 2014, 07:11:59 PM »

I bought a black light to look at my skin to see how much sun damage I have (not much, thankfully).   I was pleasantly surprised how all of my toys look under the UV light.  My EAH dolls were the biggest surprise...

Woahh is she glow in the dark too, or just look cool with a blacklight? Thanks for the picture!

For Sale Wants

Offline Kitzka

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Prom Queen Sweetheart Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: August 28, 2014, 08:14:48 PM »

OMG. Thanks for posting a pic. This is so cool!! I wonder if any of the other glitters look this cool under a black light. Probably not.

Thanks again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Starly

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: August 28, 2014, 08:42:10 PM »
Sometimes I feel like all everyone wants anymore is JUST the glitters. I guess Funko knew what would make money, but jeez.
When the Equestria Girls dolls show up in stores and you end up with unneeded doubles, PM me! I'll buy them!/i]

Offline Aquatic Neon

• View Profile
    • Instagram
« Reply #1198 on: August 28, 2014, 09:46:20 PM »
Sometimes I feel like all everyone wants anymore is JUST the glitters. I guess Funko knew what would make money, but jeez.

I prefer show accurate regular ones of course, but nice to have the crystal empire ponies as well :) It's the rare chase aspect which is why its what we talk about the most on these threads I think. Funko is brilliant I hope they continue to keep making more ponies and characters they do the best job!

For Sale Wants

Offline LittleSpiffy

• Spifftastic!
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: August 28, 2014, 10:09:47 PM »

OMG. Thanks for posting a pic. This is so cool!! I wonder if any of the other glitters look this cool under a black light. Probably not.

Thanks again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now I'm curious...

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal