collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Awesome doll finds-my first Pullip and Collector Barbie!  (Read 294 times)

Sprinklecupcake

• Trade Count: (0)
Awesome doll finds-my first Pullip and Collector Barbie!
« on: April 24, 2014, 02:37:56 PM »
Hi there! I have some doll finds I really want to share! Today was a great day for doll hunting. I found my first Pullip and a Collector Barbie doll who needed my help!

So first I went to Tuesday Morning and encountered some awesome dolls, including mini Pullips! I got a Bohso that instantly reminded me of Nurse Joy from Pokémon since Im a huge pokénerd! She was only $10! Im all of a sudden needing a Chansey Takara TOMY...

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Next I went to the thrift store and the first item I saw was in the display case they have by the registers where the sell the nice stuff that ends up there. I saw a 2004 Princess of South Korea "Dolls of the World" Barbie for $8 in her box!  I fell INSTANTLY in love as I adore oriental dolls, especially with kimonos or other related asian dresses! How could I resist? However, she was pre-opened missing her doll stand and the plastic pieces that hold her in place. Other than that she came with everything else! She was however shoes and all- floating around freely in her dusty box upside down! Because of this and our harsh Texas sunlight, the back of her dress was sunfaded! Her pink plastic part in her hair and neck is discolored from age unfortunetly. The white frame on the box had a nasty pricemark written on it in what felt like pencil eyeliner and the sides were taped to crap with packaging tape! I decided to restore her and try to make her look as new as possible.

I gave her a carefull cleaning, light blush with pastels and dug into my own closet to get one of those clear straps on my dresses and used that in use to hold the doll in place (glad I never pulled them off my dresses! LOL) I used Goof Off to remove the pricemark and dusted off the box. I used thin clear tape strips to keep her shoes on and gel in her hair to make it appear shiny after getting all the dust off. Since the box is all glossy I was able to remove the crap-ton of tape without pulling any print off without residue and used short pieces of tape to keep the box together. She definitly looks much happier now and im thrilled to have her in my collection!

« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 02:43:53 PM by Sprinklecupcake »

Offline SwordPony

• Trade Count: (+271)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Re: Awesome doll finds-my first Pullip and Collector Barbie!
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2014, 02:42:39 PM »
Congrats on your finds! That lil pullip is cute. And your dolls of the world doll is beautiful!!

Offline HelloGoodbye

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2014, 02:59:44 PM »
Wow!  Awesome finds!  And that Pullip really does look just like Nurse Joy from Pokemon!

Thanks to Nence for my adoptable!

Offline brightberry

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2014, 07:34:28 PM »
Awww!   Those are gorgeous finds! 
Sig art by SquarePeg!

Offline Taxel

• Cutie Pops Crusader
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Sundance <3
    • View Profile
    • Collections
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2014, 02:36:58 AM »
Your princess looks so much nicer now! You did a great job.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal