collapse

* Navigation

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

* Who's Online

Author Topic: Are There Dogs in Your Bed?  (Read 1285 times)

Offline LittleSpiffy

• Spifftastic!
  • Trade Count: (+82)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
Are There Dogs in Your Bed?
« on: April 24, 2014, 08:27:42 AM »
I adopted my pup two years ago (she's a Lhasa Apso and about 3 years old).  Until last week I would not allow her in my bed.

Well, things changed and I quite enjoy having her as a bed fellow.

...but all my pearly white linens are all dingy!

I wash my pup once a week.  How she gets this dirty, I have no idea!

Does anyone have any advice?  Aside from washing my linens more than once a week or having a bunch of duvet covers to have in rotation.  Oh, yeah, and not letting my dog sleep with me ^_^

What do you do?

Offline kaoskat

• Trade Count: (+224)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
  • Happy & Odd OT & Customs Mod
    • View Profile
    • kaoskat's Customs FB page
Re: Are There Dogs in Your Bed?
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2014, 08:36:37 AM »
LOL Sleep on dirty sheets. :silly: Seriously, that's about the size of it. We wash our sheets frequently and those lint roller things...... Yeah we go through those constantly for the hair. A good brushing before bed can help some too. It will get rid of alot of loose hair and dirt. You can also use puppy bath wipes and give her a rub down before bed too and that may help with the dingies.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

kaoskat's Customs FB Page, please like!Commissions open & custom trades OPEN!
kaoskat's Sales :hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster::hamster:

Offline CoonhoundBetty

• Skeen's Minion
  • Trade Count: (+20)
  • Dabbles Pony
  • SAHM/Wife of an artist/word nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2014, 08:38:54 AM »
For a while, we kept a king flat sheet draped over our bed during the day. But then, I got duvet covers, and I usually wash the sheets and duvet every 10 days (I can't stand having pet hair on me, sensory thing). It's funny, Brooke doesn't lay under the covers on my side, only on my husband's. My only suggestion would be oxiclean for your whites, and maybe hanging them to dry in the sun.

Offline LittleSpiffy

• Spifftastic!
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2014, 08:41:40 AM »
LOL Sleep on dirty sheets. :silly: Seriously, that's about the size of it. We wash our sheets frequently and those lint roller things...... Yeah we go through those constantly for the hair. A good brushing before bed can help some too. It will get rid of alot of loose hair and dirt. You can also use puppy bath wipes and give her a rub down before bed too and that may help with the dingies.

BATH WIPES!!  See, never thought of it!  Thanks!

For a while, we kept a king flat sheet draped over our bed during the day. But then, I got duvet covers, and I usually wash the sheets and duvet every 10 days (I can't stand having pet hair on me, sensory thing). It's funny, Brooke doesn't lay under the covers on my side, only on my husband's. My only suggestion would be oxiclean for your whites, and maybe hanging them to dry in the sun.

I need to stock up on the Oxiclean.  My small jar is about to be upgraded to the bucket! 

Washing my comforter is such a chore.  I think I'll invest in two new duvet covers...

Offline Jennifer2004

• Hooked on Ponies
  • Trade Count: (+104)
  • Mommy & Baby Pony
  • Looking for Bowtie variants, nirvanas, & merch!
    • View Profile
    • Jennifer Bischoff
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2014, 08:59:33 AM »
We have a yorkie named Captain America, we call him Cappy. He sleeps in my bed with me every night. We keep his hair cut very short, he usually stays cleaner (or less dirty anyway) when his hair is short instead of long. Also, I have black sheets. :P Of course, they still get dirty and I wash them quiet often, but at least they don't "look" dirty. I guess it also helps that my dog is so small. Oh and we use those puppy wipes mentioned earlier as well. It does help to get him a little cleaner before bed, and makes him smell nice too. :)

Here is a picture of Cappy. He was "helping" us take down the Christmas tree. :P

~Jennifer

eCrater Store - Commissions Info - Facebook Page

Offline LittleSpiffy

• Spifftastic!
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2014, 09:04:17 AM »
OMG!  Cappy is adorable!

Offline SwordPony

• Trade Count: (+271)
  • G3 Prototype Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2014, 09:07:34 AM »
Nope no doggies in the bed for me. They do have there own bed on my side where they sleep. Hubby's allegories can't take them in the bed. Plus I'm a clean freak and I couldn't stand them being in the bed.

Offline Corona

• Eohippus Pony
  • Trade Count: (+33)
  • Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
  • Japanifornia Attorney Spokespony
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2014, 11:21:29 AM »
My corgi/dachshund mix, Gatsby, is crated at night to prevent hairs from getting everywhere and to get used to being crated when I leave. He likes to chew stuff on my bed so I have one specific blanket I use to cover my bed when he's out and about. When I put him in his crate for the night, I just fold it up and put it away. Keeps his hair off my bed and crumbs from his rawhide chewies contained.

Duster reference]

Offline slj84

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2014, 11:24:33 AM »
I'm guilty.  I have three in the bed at night.  They are small (11-14 pounders).  Points to picture under my name.  Gracie got hurt a few weeks ago so I put a dog bed on my bed. People laugh but my dogs fight over that dog bed to the point I'm ready just to add another to stop from being waken up because the one dog is having a tantrum because the second has the bed.  But will they sleep on the floor. Nope.  Chloe the cavalier sleeps on my head usually.  I just wash my sheets and bed spread a lot, Chloe is a content grooming dog anyway and the Jacks usually come I. Covered in something stinky once a week if we are lucky once every few weeks.  The 4th dog belongs to my mom.  She sleeps in my parents bed.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 11:52:04 AM by slj84 »

Offline melodys_angel

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • Thailand Tornado Mountain Boy
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2014, 11:51:05 AM »
We were taught from a young age that dogs up stairs should never happen...so it doesn't happen, though I know my BFs family is different

TY to the respective artists for my Destiny art :)  YAY MA finally managed to re-upload her stuff!

Offline slj84

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • Lil Sweetcake Sister Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2014, 12:34:46 PM »
We were taught from a young age that dogs up stairs should never happen...so it doesn't happen, though I know my BFs family is different

I was raised this way too.  Before Gracie none of the dogs were allowed upstairs or on the furniture when I was growing up.  Somehow I convinced my parents that she needed to sleep in a crate in my room.  I was I think 16 so I was old enough to understand crate training ect.   Yeah I kinda broke my parents on those rules :p even now that I own my own house they went from being really strict to the dogs pretty much allowed free reign inside (they are well behaved, not chewers ect.) and being a lot more of a push over :p

My Sadie is a mamas girl anyway and isn't happy unless she is touching me

Offline hathorcat

• All About Accessories
  • Trade Count: (+221)
  • Penguin Goddess Minion
  • Loa's little succulent
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2014, 04:01:07 PM »
I am eternally grateful to have a breed of dog which does not shed which means I am safe from dog hair everywhere. :)

Its bed all the way for Harry pup; like me he is a snuggler :P
Thank you Matcha for my gorgeous Baby Fifi avi :hug:
Loa is my love god!
I love Loa more than PonyLady!

Offline Whippycorn

• Sweet Scoops Pony w/Charm
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2014, 04:19:53 PM »
Sometimes. They have their own beds, but if it's cold, we often get invaded. I blame the BF, he just can't say no to puppy eyes. :lol: It's not too bad because they are short-coated and both dogs and sheets get washed at least once a week, and muddy paws always get rinsed when we come in from a walkies.  :)
**** ARENA SALES ****

**** EBAY SALES ****

Offline Mkia

• Chihuahua Momma
  • Trade Count: (+57)
  • Rapunzel Pony
  • Flying zebra!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2014, 06:02:01 PM »
Did someone say doggies on the bed?

Excuse the laundry day mess xD. Haha. Yeah...the duvet cover is definitely a good idea! We was ours once a week and then usually do the actual comforter every couple weeks.

Offline elvenwine26

• Super Secret Squirrel
  • Trade Count: (+143)
  • MOC Mimic
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2014, 09:00:26 PM »
No dogs-or cats for that matter-in my room when I'm sleeping unless it's really cold.  The critters are like bricks in the bed and I can't move them! I'd feel bad if I shoved them out of the way so a lot times I end up trapped in one position,  which can be problematic if you toss and turn as much as I do.  All my dogs have had a tendency to snore which makes it difficult for me to fall asleep.  Napping on the couch is another matter though.  I like having a topsheet over the blankets so I don't have to worry about the hair.
I wish I had a pet again. So envious of all these cute pictures. :)
"How much for the horse tornado?"
"Sir, that's a carousel."
"I must have it!"

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal